You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-04-04] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
22%
It will end in a draw
30%
Bayern Munich will win
48%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2015-04-04] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:34 am

We had less possession and the game took place in our half of the pitch for the majority of the game so of course we gave away more corners than usual - 3 is not even a lot in this sense.

The problem is not with the corners, it's with the two balls Boateng and Alonso gave away, both of which could have ended with goals, then not even mentioning the 3 penalty-ish situations. This game could have ended really bad if Dortmund were more efficient in front of goal.

I still think this is our way to go in the CL though, Barca and Real will both have a very hard time against us playing like this and both of those teams tend to give away space at the back when attacking out, so if we can get some more pace back in offense we can be deadly on the counter. We haven't really played like this for a long time, so might take some time to get a hang of things.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JJJ » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:13 am

I didn't really care about possession, but when Thiago came in and he was on the ball. :shock: [-o< =D>
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby bastos80 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Schweini, Alonso and Lahm on the other hand #-o
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Korab » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:50 pm

I have certain doubts that the game was so nicely planned by Guardiola, it just came that way because Bayern could not implement their normal system and the rest was just improvisation. Klopp on other hand also was using his own, old tactics which with some luck could've given him better result.
The difference in the game were BVB players who as always stepped up one or two levels when they play Bayern. It was interesting game but nothing special from both sides.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:24 pm

I don't think it was improvisation, it looked like a replica of the cup final from last year, with different players.
That time I think it was only because of the injuries, this time we actually planned out to play like this (what I mean is even with other players healthy we probably would have played like this).
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:44 pm

I don't think so.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:12 pm

When Bayern lost to BMG, I've read a lot of comments (not only here) that Pep the micro manager and has an insane obsession to detail should be blamed for his tactics that continually losing against counter attacking teams. So when Guardiola's team plays completely opposite, ala Jekyll and Hyde, it was just brought on by circumstance? :-k

Since the Pokal Final (4 games at present), Bayern has fielded an iteration of 3 at the back formation against BVB. With this they got 3 wins, 1 loss. 5 goals scored, and 3 goals conceded. If we look at the line-ups both teams have used different personnel and in different positions in the course of these 4 games. This was the first time there were 6 defenders in the lineup. Last time it was only 5. Only 3 changes from the first fixture's line-up: Dante for Alaba, Schweinsteiger for Götze in LCM, Rafinha for Robben. Do we really think Guardiola didn't anticipate that by fielding 7 defenders, Bayern's game won't be defensive?

Like envagyokazapad, this was almost a carbon copy of the Pokal Final. Defensive, build up from the back, and the midfield basically a battlefield with tumbling bodies and no winners. Bayern had Robbery last year and we had more shots on target (8) naturally.

This line-up is definitely forced upon Pep. His only choice was to put Götze in the line-up or not. Alaba's injury has made way for Dante but that's about what he can actually work with in the 2 weeks they had to prepare. How can Bayern play attacking football with 2 attackers on the pitch, 2 central midfielders, and 6 defenders? But the game slightly changed with Rode, Thiago and Götze's substitutions there was a higher press and more adventurous in BVB's box.
Can't see tweet? Click here!
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:40 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:04 pm

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Korab » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:51 pm

runaway wrote:When Bayern lost to BMG, I've read a lot of comments (not only here) that Pep the micro manager and has an insane obsession to detail should be blamed for his tactics that continually losing against counter attacking teams. So when Guardiola's team plays completely opposite, ala Jekyll and Hyde, it was just brought on by circumstance? :-k

Since the Pokal Final (4 games at present), Bayern has fielded an iteration of 3 at the back formation against BVB. With this they got 3 wins, 1 loss. 5 goals scored, and 3 goals conceded. If we look at the line-ups both teams have used different personnel and in different positions in the course of these 4 games. This was the first time there were 6 defenders in the lineup. Last time it was only 5. Only 3 changes from the first fixture's line-up: Dante for Alaba, Schweinsteiger for Götze in LCM, Rafinha for Robben. Do we really think Guardiola didn't anticipate that by fielding 7 defenders, Bayern's game won't be defensive?

Like envagyokazapad, this was almost a carbon copy of the Pokal Final. Defensive, build up from the back, and the midfield basically a battlefield with tumbling bodies and no winners. Bayern had Robbery last year and we had more shots on target (8) naturally.

This line-up is definitely forced upon Pep. His only choice was to put Götze in the line-up or not. Alaba's injury has made way for Dante but that's about what he can actually work with in the 2 weeks they had to prepare. How can Bayern play attacking football with 2 attackers on the pitch, 2 central midfielders, and 6 defenders? But the game slightly changed with Rode, Thiago and Götze's substitutions there was a higher press and more adventurous in BVB's box.
Can't see tweet? Click here!

I read today somewhere that Lahm was very disappointed with Bayern possession play yesterday and urged team to improve. I don't think you play possession game in defensive posture. If you think it's possible then it's ok with me.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:10 pm

Haha so true. It's incredible how Neuer saved the shot. He reacted late due to not being able to see the ball coming but somehow accelerated his body very quickly to reach down to the ball in time.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Korab wrote:I read today somewhere that Lahm was very disappointed with Bayern possession play yesterday and urged team to improve.

Yes he said that because yesterday Bayern had its worst passing accuracy since 2011. 78.1% BVB has 76.4% passing accuracy this season and rank 4th in the BL in terms of passing %. Our worst is not even that worse.

Korab wrote:I don't think you play possession game in defensive posture.

Spain is the epitome of this as well as Barcelona. Their possession has a two fold effect, the opponent can't have the ball thus they can't attack. Notice when they are winning even by just one goal, they will be happy to pass around and let the opponent chase the ball without any intent to attack aka the "boring tiki-taka".They're using possession as an on the ball defensive strategy. Meanwhile, Parking the Bus is an off the ball defensive strategy.

If you can read German, Spielverlangerung has a much better explanation on the different approaches to possession.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:11 pm

Bayern had on the entire game a defensive posture by lining 8 defenders, but despite this lineup, in the first half we have possesions, in our own box but controlling the ball and the game.

The case here and what I think Lahm refers is what happen in the second half?... Did bayern park the bus and concede the ball or Dortmund take us out the ball and obligate bayern to park the bus..

I like the first half performance, but second half was not good because bayern had no answer in offense.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby mats19 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:31 pm

MaCk0y wrote:

Haha so true. It's incredible how Neuer saved the shot. He reacted late due to not being able to see the ball coming but somehow accelerated his body very quickly to reach down to the ball in time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
i haven't idea how great this save was..
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby shindouhikaru888 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:31 am

Anyone have a video or gif that shows reus celebrating, all i see is the save on the other videos i found.
shindouhikaru888
Woah, this feels cool!

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga