You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-11-23] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
9%
Bayern Munich will win
91%

Total votes : 34

Re: [2013-11-23] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby Jorge » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:54 pm

walter wrote:
It reminds me of Brehme as he had a way to explain it specially in his Inter years.

Man, I love Brehme, one of my all-time favorites. I remember in the WC 1990 Ronald Koeman said something like: "Everything that comes out of Germany comes out of the feet of Andreas Brehme;" he was completely right, IMO Brehme had more influence in the game than even Mathaus. Brehme suspended in the Colombia game was very telling of how Germany's game depended so much on him. Most goals that Germany scored came from the left. Incredible that a left back could have so much influence on the game.

A typical example of what we are talking about was the Germany-Netherlands QF at San Siro in 1990. Brehme went down the line again and again sending crosses looking for Klinsmann's head who was isolated since Voeller had been sent off, I got frustrated myself thinking he was wasting all those crosses but in the 82nd minute when everyone thought he was going deep again he moved back to the edge of the box and completely unmarked curled the ball over the goalkeeper to the far post. The way I see it, he patiently built that space and time for 82 minutes.

Many footballers back them had different ways to describe how Germany was able to do it, efficiency many claimed. I see it in the line of my namesake Valdano: “At the 3rd yawn, the German goal comes”. When Argentinian or Brazilian players could build a goal in a 30 second play, the Germans would craft it patiently for 30 or 40 minutes, but that goal will come and many will not see it coming.

I do not know for sure if Pep’s philosophy is in-sync with that, but I know he’s always been a huge fan of German Football since his playing days, the tactical discipline and mentality to see the game beyond the minute that you are playing or the adverse score that you might have and instead stick to a 90 minute plan was always well appreciated by him and he was more than often not too happy with the Spain of his playing days, a very talented but temperamental team that could do something huge but screw it big time before the game was over.

Going back to this game, Boateng’s long balls from the back kept Dortmund chasing the game, starting from the back, wearing out and not able to win many balls high on the pitch where they can cause damage with their speed against our not too fast centerbacks. Bayern’s effectiveness in the last 20 minutes is not the direct result of anything in particular, but of many pieces that Pep assembled throughout the previous 70 minutes and most likely sending balls directly to Dortmund’s backline combined with our trademark possession and wing-to-wing changes was one of those many things.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Borusse » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Sokratis is a boss. 8)

Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby tflags » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Borusse wrote:Sokratis is a boss. 8)

Boss left Goetze completely unmarked in that 0-1, didn't he?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Borusse » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:16 pm

tflags wrote:
Borusse wrote:Sokratis is a boss. 8)

Boss left Goetze completely unmarked in that 0-1, didn't he?

That was Friedrich. Completely passive, Sokratis was even close to fixing his mistake.

Maybe it was even Sahin's mistake, Im not sure, but definitely not Sokratis's.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Previous

Return to Bundesliga