You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-11-23] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
9%
Bayern Munich will win
91%

Total votes : 34

Re: [2013-11-23] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:42 pm

DerKaiser wrote:strangely tho noone talks about leverkussen as they sneak their way up!

Hoeness: "Leverkusen will never finish ahead of us in a hundred years".
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DerKaiser » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:46 pm

hahahhaahaaaaa when was that quote?

mutu did u see a game on equal levels?
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:48 pm

DerKaiser wrote:hahahhaahaaaaa when was that quote?

mutu did u see a game on equal levels?
some 13 years ago. Still valid.

Bayern dominated for most of the match, but the scoreline is a bit unfair on Dortmund. You know the opponents deserved a goal when you see users claim Neuer for MOTM.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:57 pm

I thought Thiago showed his class and will certainly make us a better team. He is creative, good passer, can dribble, etc. The pass to Robben was world class stuff. I'm looking forward to see him next game.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:43 pm

Dont see how anyone can say boateng had a bad game tbh and alaba definately can defend i remember in dortmunds best spell he made many good blocks and kuba was non existent after that spell, alaba is the best left back in the world now because he excels in both defence and attack
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby MatZam » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:07 am

walter wrote:I thought Thiago showed his class and will certainly make us a better team. He is creative, good passer, can dribble, etc. The pass to Robben was world class stuff. I'm looking forward to see him next game.

same here
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:08 am

CaptainLahm21 wrote:Dont see how anyone can say boateng had a bad game

Defensively he was good, but he was trying too many long balls and they were more often than not missing their intended targets.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby tflags » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:22 pm

Błaszczykowski must have had nightmares after that game vs Alaba. The later stopped him cold all night until his sub on the second half. If it wasn't for Neuer's spectacular saves, I'd say the defensive part was won by the Austrian.

Contrary to popular opinion, quite frankly I don't see how Lewandowski had a good game. He missed a couple of sitters and other than that awesome assist from midfield to Reus (magically saved by Boateng somehow) I didn't feel he was outsmarting the back two.

Some say it was a brilliant move by Pep, the announcer said it was the weather. For whatever reason Thiago and Goetze EDIT warmed up indoors and showed up on the pitch with little warning.

Some people are discussing Boateng's long balls forward. They seem to have been a direct instruction from Pep who "played with the tall guys first, brought in the 1.7 meter guys later. Cool move." Even if I missed the exact words from El Kloppo, he certainly did not miss Pep's tactical awareness.

And speaking of Pep, the winning coach was certainly not completely satisfied: "This is not the game I imagined. We still need time." Satisfied? Is he ever?
Last edited by tflags on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Jorge » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:41 pm

tflags wrote: Contrary to popular opinion, quite frankly I don't see how Lewandowski had a good game. He missed a couple of sitters and other than that awesome assist from midfield to Reus (magically saved by Boateng somehow) I didn't feel he was outsmarting the back two.

Our backline owned him. He is very dangerous with his back to our goal, either turning and breaking free or setting up the incoming wave of counter, Dante and Boa didn't give him an inch and kept the press outward to disrupt his tricks.[/quote]
tflags wrote: Some people are discussing Boateng's long balls forward.

I found it effective, regardless of if it was Pep's idea or Boateng's freedom to come up with that: it mixes the game combining long unexpected balls with the expected paossession game while it tests a Dortmund backline that we knew was not tuned up against one of the best aerial strikers in the Bundesliga, so why not? Also do not forget that we had Martinez playing high on the pitch throughout most of the game for a reason.
Last edited by Jorge on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:52 pm

walter wrote:I thought Thiago showed his class and will certainly make us a better team. He is creative, good passer, can dribble, etc. The pass to Robben was world class stuff. I'm looking forward to see him next game.

I am the first one that questioned if Thiago was an immediate update at the expense of losing Gustavo as I saw Thiago more of the player that could have an impact in key games 2-3 years from now, but if he plays like he did these 20 minutes I understand what pep had in mind. Thiagos's synchronization with Kroos was "scandalous". They controlled the tempo and retention on the deep midfield in a way that killed any Dortmund grip on the game while at the same time added an extra dimension going forward. There were like 4 or 5 passing sequences that were at the level of Xavi-Iniesta at their best but in the context of a more vertical direction and I can’t wait to see this partnership developing even more. I can see that they need a good tackler behind their backs and that’s where Martinez comes into play while we still have the option of Lahm or Schweinsteiger if Martinez is not available.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby walter » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:00 pm

I found it effective, regardless of if it was Pep's idea or Boateng's freedom to come up with that: it mixes the game combining long unexpected balls with the expected paossession game

If you tell me it was a good idea I agree. Now I can't really say it was effective because, again, they were not finding anyone, which is unusual because Boa has been really good with his long balls lately.

I am the first one that questioned if Thiago was an immediate update at the expense of losing Gustavo as I saw Thiago more of the player that could have an impact in key games 2-3 years from now, but if he plays like he did these 20 minutes I understand what pep had in mind. Thiagos's synchronization with Kroos was "scandalous". They controlled the tempo and retention on the deep midfield in a way that killed any Dortmund grip on the game while at the same time added an extra dimension going forward. There were like 4 or 5 passing sequences that were at the level of Xavi-Iniesta at their best but in the context of a more vertical direction and I can’t wait to see this partnership developing even more. I can see that they need a good tackler behind their backs and that’s where Martinez comes into play while we still have the option of Lahm or Schweinsteiger if Martinez is not available.

Agree 100%
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Jorge » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:57 pm

walter wrote:If you tell me it was a good idea I agree. Now I can't really say it was effective because, again, they were not finding anyone, which is unusual because Boa has been really good with his long balls lately.

Even if they do not find the target, it is effective in the sense that pushes their backline towards their own box generating space in midfield where Bayern could have dominance over Bender-Sahin being isolated.

Sometimes in Football certain things are done 6-5 times knowing it has little chance but there is an underlying effect shaping the game in another area and all of the sudden the result comes almost by accident. It reminds me of Brehme as he had a way to explain it specially in his Inter years.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Borusse » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:32 pm

tflags wrote:And speaking of Pep, the winning coach was certainly not completely satisfied: "This is not the game I imagined. We still need time." Satisfied? Is he ever?

No suprise to me. The result did favour Bayern, I think tactically it was Dortmund who was winning the duel. We are just in a huge dip of form finishing-wise and no matter how well we play, we can't seem to finish the simplest of chances! And that is not Klopp's fault. All he can do is teach the players how to create opportunites and defend well as a team and that's exactly what he did. Not his fault we can't finish + we had our entire back-line changed.

Bayern was a little lucky, not lucky to win because you were a tad better, but lucky to win 3-0. This should have been a narrow win for Bayern.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby walter » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:03 pm

It reminds me of Brehme as he had a way to explain it specially in his Inter years.

Man, I love Brehme, one of my all-time favorites. I remember in the WC 1990 Ronald Koeman said something like: "Everything that comes out of Germany comes out of the feet of Andreas Brehme;" he was completely right, IMO Brehme had more influence in the game than even Mathaus. Brehme suspended in the Colombia game was very telling of how Germany's game depended so much on him. Most goals that Germany scored came from the left. Incredible that a left back could have so much influence on the game.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga