You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-02-02] Bayern vs Nuremberg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Who will win the game between Bayern & Nuremberg?

A) Bayern will win
53%
B) Draw
18%
C) Nuremberg will win
6%
D) You no longer care about the results.
24%

Total votes : 17

Postby Schweini_rules » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:36 pm

yeah Lucio was something else tonight , i mean it would be better if Van Buyten would attack rather lucio ....officialy in crisis,...we are more than that.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:20 am

What in the blue hell happend?????!!!! Cant bloody beleive it.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:37 am

I just got home from school so I haven't been able to watch the game yet but I will tonight. I do want to say that Hitzfeld only has been with the team for 1 day so why would you expect a complete turn around in 1 day? That's impossible to happen. I think the team has to get use to what he wants and he needs to determine who should do what. It'a going to take a little time so please be patient.

Secondly, Nuremberg is not that bad of a team. They have one of the better defenses in the league so did you expect them to lie down and let Bayern walk all over them? This was not going to be an easy game so I don't understand why some folks thought it would be a piece of cake.

Thirdly, and most importantly, we need to support the team no matter what. We all say we love Bayern then lets show it. I love watching the team even when they lose. I can honestly say that I bleed the colors of this team because this is my team. Even if they don't make it to the CL I'm not going to be upset. Disappointed, yes but not upset. I'm going to stand by them through think and thin. This is the time the team needs our support so lets show it. Lets tell them that we still have faith in them because I'm sure things will get better.

One more thing....this is not an attack on anyone on this board. It is just my opinion and my opinion only.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:46 am

You people say be positive. But...look ...it´s hard to be positive. I mean there´s no sign of improvement and form is worse every game not better. So why should I be positive? Midfield can´t create anything ( lets face it... Schweini didn´t lived up to expectation as a great creative force). And Van Bommel...I think he was a bad buy. We miss ballack´s goals. We miss Ze roberto. And we miss Ismael. And if you can´t be critical of the team on the forum then I don´t know what the forum is for. I mean saying they played good, it´ll be better etc. is useless and yes if they don´t qualify for the CL it will be a disaster because:

A) Bayern is one of the most sucessfull team in CL and big teams can´t afford to not qualify in CL
B) Bundesliga is not really that competitive league so they should have no trouble qualifying if they were decent at best. But
C) because CL means moneyand Bayern are in the need of money.

And saying that if you critize the team you´re not a fan I would say you´re wrong.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:32 am

Paddy wrote:And saying that if you critize the team you´re not a fan I would say you´re wrong.

I don't think anyone is saying that you can not criticize the team. Heck, I've criticized the team. However, I've never made a comment saying I would stop watching them because they are not playing well or because they are not winning. IMO, those are the wrong things to say.

I think folks need to remember that the team is now in a work of progress phase. That means things are not going to happen right now or at this moment. Why do fans feel that things have to happen right now! or at this moment!! If it doesn't happen soon and fast then the world should end as we know and life will not go on. Michaelangelo didn't do the Sistene Chapel in one moment. He took him time and for Bayern this may very well be the case. Therefore, be positive. Changes are coming just be patient and positive.

I'm not pointing to anyone on this board because it's on all the boards I belong to, but I've get the feeling that there are folks who cheer on Bayern only when they're winning. But, when Bayern is going through a difficult time then they don't want to cheer them on because it's embarrassing. Winning isn't everything. Plus, all teams in every sport goes through a tough time when they don't win every title or place high enough in their leagues. Bayern is going through their time now.

Also, I don't think Bayern is in desperate need for money. Bayern is one of the top teams in football that has a good profit margin. They're not as high as Barcelona or Inter but they're up there. Not going to the CL for one season isn't going to hurt them to the point that the world would end.

If folks don't want to think positively then that's fine. That is their choice. I, for one, will think positively. I know something good is going to happen but I can wait for it to happen.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby buluuu » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:18 am

yes we missed all the superstars we had last few years...but bypass is bypass......we cant turn the clock back...we cant bring them back.....
we must go on with the recent team.

yes! they r hving poor performance and might not even get a place in CL next year. BUT we cant ask for too much....
the players are obviously not as good as the team we had last yr....
they r now lack of confidence, courage and calmness ......
what they need is not only a good coach who can comfort them and teach them good tactics, but also our fan supportive upholder!!

the transfer window is already closed and we can only rely on the recent squad.so just, at this moment, support bayern for the rest of the season and forget about who perform bad and who should be sold next year....

and, touchwood, we had lost the title and even out of the first 3 and lost in the match versus real madrid.......so what!! it is not the end of the world!! no one can win every time!! even Brazil, which is recognized to be the strongest team in the world, wont win every world cup and only got 5 worldcup champion!!
-----------------------------------------
if we, as bayern's fans, don't even support and believe, who are gonna do this!?
whistling cant help at all!!
buluuu
Getting the hang of it

Postby Paddy » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:08 pm

Even the board feels not qualifying to the CL would be a big disgrace. And what builiding progress is it? They have a weak team but it´s the boards fault and they have 10x better team, infrastructure, coaches etc. than bochum, nurnberg, dortmund etc.. I can´t be positive because the team didn´t give me anything to be positive about. And if the board says that they didn´t buy anyone because the team is strong enough to win bundesliga that shows you that they don´t think that the team is in a work of ˝progress phase˝. And it´s not just this season. It´s a couple of seasons but the only diffrence is that they had ballack would who could turn the game around but in the international stage they didn´t do anything . And Hitzfeld is here because there is a threat that they won´t qualify for CL. It would be a big disgrace and think about it.... Would any of the stars want to go to a club that plays in Uefa cup or CL? Yes it´s not just now...it affects future BIG time.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:21 pm

There are some very good posts up here =D>

Paddy, while your well-written criticism is welcome on the board, I can't help but disagree with you on a point. The club did try to find players for winter. They got to a point where they figured that if they would buy a player that would really help the team, then they would need to cough up so much money that, in their opinion, it outweighs the benefits of possibly doing better this season. It's true though, there weren't any major midfield leader changes during this winter transfer window. Generally, these major transfers are done in summer.

I still believe that the team can bounce back. Maybe it's a bit too late for the Bundesliga (but definitely not impossible!) but perhaps for a good showing in the Champions League.

The team is going through a transition phase. We can't expect them to click together immediately. Next season won't be very easy either, because our midfield will be completely reshuffled with the departures of Salihamidzic and Scholl, and possibly Hargreaves.

The future looks brighter than the current state though. We have some very young players with a lot of potential. Things can only get better in future.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

mmm

Postby Walls » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:16 pm

I agree with tracylynn...it amuses me how some people can call themselves Bayern fans but when the team is going through a bad patch they turn their backs...its moments like these that bring out the REAL BAYERN FANS..

yes its been a disappointing season so far..but we just have to look to the future...who knows this poor league showing might be a sign that we have a chance in the CL? Only God knows....

But heck..this will also be a lesson to the board....to get players when they NEED them and stop beating around the bush. 8)
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:32 pm

Kahn slams dire defending
Oliver Kahn is despondent at the way Bayern Munich are dropping out of Champions League reckoning in the Bundesliga.

Even a change of coach last week could not halt the defending champions' slide down the table and they currently find themselves in fourth spot, with only the top three qualifying for Europe's premier club competition.

Ottmar Hitzfeld returned to the Bayern dugout on Friday, and saw his side promptly sent packing with a 3-0 defeat at Nurnberg.

That leaves Bayern 11 points behind league leaders Schalke, and four points from third place, their minimum aim for the season.

"It is crazy how easy it is to score against us," said Kahn to Bild newspaper.

"There are so many petty errors that you simply despair of as a goalkeeper.

"I am in top condition and (goalkeeper coach) Sepp Maier and I ask ourselves what it is we are training for."

Hitzfeld demanded more passion from the 37-year-old on Sunday, saying it was high time Kahn lost his temper in the dressing room.

But the ex-Germany goalkeeper says he has grown out of that, adding: "Kicking out would not do anything in the current situation.

"The team is so insecure," he added.

"We have now got to go all out for our minimum aim of third place and then see if we have a bit more luck against Real (Madrid) in the Champions League."
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:55 pm

I was hoping Kahn would lash out like he used to, he just looks too composed these days.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:32 pm

Like he said...Why even bother...it´s like playing with high school kids these days. :lol: I feel sorry for him and Makaay.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

I understand where Kahn is coming from. He's no longer a young man. He's almost 40 and lashing out is not something that he wants to do. However, I think he needs to somehow step it up and be more active. He knows the team is insecure therefore he needs to help ease their insecurities. He is the captain. If the captain feels like there is nothing he can do or that what's the point in training then the rest of the team is going to feel the same way because I'm sure the players do look up to him in some ways. Like I said, he doesn't need to lash out, he just needs to find another way to get the team up and play with fire.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:41 pm

The possibility of Bayern failing to qualify for the Champions League was less worrying, Hoeneß insisted. "It would hurt, but it wouldn't be fatal. It would be problematic for our image, but it wouldn't hurt us that much financially." The club would lose around €15 million in revenue should they miss out on Europe's elite competition, the general manager estimated, "but the season's not over yet." Uli Hoeneß has assuredly retained his fighting spirit in difficult times.

Even Bayern´s board is not ambitous anymore. Way to go.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:43 am

Paddy wrote:Even Bayern´s board is not ambitous anymore. Way to go.

I don't think that's it. I think the board is trying to do is to put things in perspective. I think they're trying to say that if they don't qualify for the CL things won't be as bad as folks think. Bayern has to take one thing at a time and I think that is what they are aiming for.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Previous

Return to Bundesliga