You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-12-03] Bayern Munich vs Werder Bremen

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
90%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Werder Bremen will win
10%

Total votes : 10

Re: [2011-12-03] Bayern Munich vs Werder Bremen

Postby AvatarX » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:54 am

Nah....Even LVG would be uncomfortable with a line-up like this...
Benching Gustavo and putting Lahm as LDM, putting Contento as LB and benching Rafinha (tbh LVG wouldn't feel VERY uncomfortable to bench a Brazilian).

Really, if that will be our formation/starting XI, I must change my prediction for the game to a Werder's win.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Maybe LvG is the one who predicts the formations for Bild :shock:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ballackfcb » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:25 pm

I couldn't care less if Lahm plays in CM or even if Hoeness plays at CB.................... as long as bayern WINS :D
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:40 pm

ballackfcb wrote:I couldn't care less if Lahm plays in CM or even if Hoeness plays at CB.................... as long as bayern WINS :D

I would. If Hoeness plays as a centre back and we would still win, it would make the victory embarrassing for Bremen and funny for us :) He would probably be red carded early in the match due to some aggressive foul though :p
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Any comments on their reserve keeper? Anyone seen him play?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:18 pm

tflags wrote:Any comments on their reserve keeper? Anyone seen him play?

Here is what you need, statistically speaking: http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/mie ... Bundesliga

He has played in four Bundesliga matches this season and got average match ratings from Kicker, quite a step below Wiese's in fact. Personally I haven't seen him play so I can't provide you with any more information.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:15 pm

:wink: All 3 Brazilians can’t complain about being benched as they deserve it.

Everyone expected more from Rafinha and he has been average on the right wing, he is not dominant to the point that he inspires respect from most BL sides, on the contrary Boateng seems to have more resources and when his technical capacity is not enough he has the physical part on his side. Actually he has done better closer to the side line than on the center of the box, the position he wanted to play when he came to Munich.

Gustavo has been rusty, his mobility is non-existing to the point he was marked throughout the Mainz game leaving Alaba as the only option to oxygenate the midfield and he struggled without a more experienced partner next to him.

The other Brazilian, well when he is not burning something he is watching Eto’o score goals :wink:
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby quaazi » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:44 pm

If Hoeness played as CB, Pizarro wouldn't dare to get anywhere near our penalty box!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Ok with Gustavo and Breno but I think Rafinha played some great games here. Problem is that he never plays 2 consecutive games. I think that our starting defense should always be Lahm---Badstuber---Boateng---Rafinha and then introduce some rotations when needed, but those 4 should play most of the games IMO

Mielitz played some games last season with Bremen too. He is an average GK

Problem in this match will be Bremen's set pieces. We are really bad defending them and Bremen score a lot from set pieces. Pizarro has been declared fit to play so this will make it a little bit harder.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Put Rafinha instead of Badstuber and I'll be happy. It's not fair to judge Gustavo on one game but we need a change in midfield quickly and I'm happy that Heynckes seems to be trying out what we were discussing ourselves. Tymo will be back next game
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:08 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Put Rafinha instead of Badstuber and I'll be happy. It's not fair to judge Gustavo on one game but we need a change in midfield quickly and I'm happy that Heynckes seems to be trying out what we were discussing ourselves. Tymo will be back next game

Agree we should not judge Gustavo on one game but he has been with the team for 2 years now and his delivery does not match the 15 millions we paid for him. How much longer do we have to wait?

Badstuber is another case, at 22 he has developed to be first choice Central Defender for one of the best National Teams in the World, decided by one of the best coaches in the world, so if you put that in line with the fact he is a Bayern system product who recently got a big contract extension it is not hard to figure out not only how he fits in the club's plan but also in JH's plan. Badstuber has things to improve but in general he is in a developmental path for Central Defense ahead of Van Buyten and Boateng.

If Rafinha fails on something is covering the back with reliability as his flank is constant space for counterattacks while at the same time he has been good going forward, maybe not even more effective because of Muller's dip in form, coincidentally Badstuber problem seems to be also covering the back (which is horrible to say for a central defender) but he contributes tremendously to the team in other areas. For his peace of mind, Van Buyten, another contributor to the team’s results, and Boateng himself have been worst on defense than Badstuber.

Lastly, I do not think JH is too worry about our defensive problems, as Bayern even after 2 consecutive defeats still has statically the best defense on the league. If the team would have produced more offensively vs Dortmund and Mainz we wouldn’t be talking about it.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby The Spyware » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:16 am

Jorge wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Put Rafinha instead of Badstuber and I'll be happy. It's not fair to judge Gustavo on one game but we need a change in midfield quickly and I'm happy that Heynckes seems to be trying out what we were discussing ourselves. Tymo will be back next game

Agree we should not judge Gustavo on one game but he has been with the team for 2 years now and his delivery does not match the 15 millions we paid for him. How much longer do we have to wait?

If Rafinha fails on something is covering the back with reliability as his flank is constant space for counterattacks while at the same time he has been good going forward, maybe not even more effective because of Muller's dip in form, coincidentally Badstuber problem seems to be also covering the back (which is horrible to say for a central defender) but he contributes tremendously to the team in other areas. For his peace of mind, Van Buyten, another contributor to the team’s results, and Boateng himself have been worst on defense than Badstuber.

Man you are getting over Gustavo way too much
First He has been here for only 11 months and not two years !
and under LvG he was playing either LB or CB and he is neither both , and when he played CDM he was Very good specially at San Siro when every body was talking about that guy wearing the no.30 playing alongside Schweini
and in this season he always played well , he ONLY underperformed in the last two matches , that happens to every player in that planet , you can see Mueller who has been playing HORRIBLE and MISERABLE for two months and not two matches , Kroos always plays very well in the CL and always sux the next BL fixture , and many others , why you are killing Gustavo for only two below par performances
and Ok Gustavo was bad against Mainz and Dortmund then what about ALaba ? If I were to choose to bench on of them then it will be Alaba of course

-----------

for Rafinha also I am totally with Xabi , and also this case has another Dimension , when we bench Rafinha for Van Buyten then our back line becomes very vulnerable to quick strikers , Boateng - Van Buyten - Badtsuber beside each others is a disaster in term of speed , and boateng as a RB is very bad offensively and seems an idiot with the ball at his feet , so we loose and attacking option and we also lose speed on the back line.and also as Xabi said Rafinha didn't play two consecutive games and that definetely affects his form
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:31 am

Gustavo's form is entirely reliant on Schweini, or at least moreso than the rest of the team. A player as dynamic as Schweini enables him to be fully dedicated to his role. With Kroos/Alaba, his double pivot partner will be defensively poor, exposing Gustavo to more opposition players. With Tymo next to him, his deficiencies when going forward are painfully visible.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby dambun » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:55 am

I am with Jorge on this: Gustavo has not justified his 15M switch to Bayern yet... And lately he has been in very poor form.... I don't know why but he was our worst player against Mainz IMO.... and I don't remember a good match from him in the last month or so....

Also Rafinha has been playing below average lately.... He started the season fairly well IMO... But these last few weeks, every time he plays, he fails to impress.... Not only there is no sign of his offensive sparks anymore, but also he does not show enough authority in defense.... I know he has not played regularly but that's not the reason IMO.... he has not given JH a reason to let him play regularly IMO....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:01 am

I disagree, Gustavo has had a few bad games recently but our team as a whole has seemed out of place without Schweinsteiger.

In my opinion he has justified the 15million tag, there is a reason that for most of our CL games Gustavo was first choice ahead of Tymo because he brings that extra physical edge (his strength/fitness and general physical ability is higher than a lot of central midfielders).

Alaba has failed at CM/CDM he is only suited for winger role.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga