You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-08-26] Bayern Munich vs Werder Bremen

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
94%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Werder Bremen will win
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2016-08-26] Bayern Munich vs Werder Bremen

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:16 am

This was, in my opinion, the best football I have seen from Bayern in the last 37 months.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:35 am

Well deserved for Mueller. I don't understand how in our player ratings we've voted for Lewandowski (currently 9.14) ahead of Mueller (currently 8.86). Lewandowski was guilty of missing numerous big chances. He could, and should, have scored many more goals from the opportunities that came his way.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:08 am

THe only thing we could really "learn" from yesterday is that Alonso's goal a season back was (obviously) no fluke.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:44 am

MUTU wrote:

Well deserved for Mueller. I don't understand how in our player ratings we've voted for Lewandowski (currently 9.14) ahead of Mueller (currently 8.86). Lewandowski was guilty of missing numerous big chances. He could, and should, have scored many more goals from the opportunities that came his way.

you are right... I am a culprit too... I gave 9 to Mueller and 10 to Lewa
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:41 am

Did you see how free were our wingers ? Their role weren't only to create one vs one situation but they could play.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby FCB general » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:48 am

Brutal match, but Bremen are completely mature for die Zweite Liga. It looks very promising after this demonstration of watchable football, but it's still very early to judge. I still hold Ancelotti's reputation for winning just 3 leagues in the last 20 years of managerial career and especially for his decline in 2015 at Real after incredible 2014 demonstration of power.

One-two passes... Wow... :o :o :o :o :o I forgot how does it look at Bayern. It's been a very long time to see such combinations, as well as counter attacks and more direct approach. However, it's just a beginning and we can't conclude anything even though players like Ribéry and Müller spoke about Guardiola's obsessions.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:53 am

Yes , we should forget this game now and concentrate on what lies ahead especially the champions league... I hope that the players won't be carried away...
As Lahm said... we work to improve even better... We should make sure that we peak for the second round in view of the champs league knock out stages... If we peak too early it might be our downfall...
I am again angry at the int break ... it will ruin our rythem ...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:17 am

To anyone who says Bremen have recently always been our punching bag...last season we barely got an away win with 1-0, and a lucky Muller goal. And I don't know if anyone remembers our Pokal game against them (yes, the one with the Vidal dive), also not our best game...

Yes they were severely weakened by the loss of Pizarro and Kruse, not to mention the psychological blow of the Pokal elimination last week...but if Bremen want to, they can and are able to put up a fight.

I was very pleased with how fast we went from our own box, to our opponents box. Through balls here and there, BAM, goal! The goals that we scored were absolute beauties, and will give the players confidence.

I am still mad at this RIDICULOUS NT break...who the f*ck even cares about stupid NT games, UGH!
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby prasun77 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:22 am

RedQueen wrote:German commentators on TV wouldn't stop talking during the game, at HT and after the game about how Bayern look "liberated" and the players are finally allowed to express their creativity again. Mehmet Scholl in particular.

Another thing, I Seriously don't know what the DFL marketing guys are thinking, putting this fixture on the opening day with a worldwide audience. Last year HSV, this year Bremen. Always Bayern's worst punching bags. Terrible marketing, and there they're wondering why the league is called "boring" and a "one team league". If you're going to promote the league, put a fixture there with an opponent that gives Bayern a game.

We already played Dortmund right(in the supercup)?and it was a good game too..

See..if we play suppose Schalke or Wolfsburg in our opening game then it wouldn't be as enjoyable as if we face them when both teams are in rhythym..If you ask me even schalke or vfl would get slaughtered if they face bayern when they are not in rhythm(most probably..just look at leverkusen last year) ..So its better if we face them a bit later so they would get some rhythm and we can have a better game..

On another note only idiots say bundesliga is boring league why do you heed them? do you really believe its boring? we say epl is below average league in terms of football played do they heed us?

They bought WC managers still they are playing poor football.. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by prasun77 on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby zozon » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:22 am

quaazi wrote:THe only thing we could really "learn" from yesterday is that Alonso's goal a season back was (obviously) no fluke.

Alonso has scored in his career some amazing long range goals, so I really don't get it how that goal was even remotely considered a fluke.
That was a #12 brain fart post in this forum and nothing else.

It's like saying that also his free kick goals are also a fluke.

pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:12 pm

Roonzil wrote:To anyone who says Bremen have recently always been our punching bag...last season we barely got an away win with 1-0, and a lucky Muller goal. And I don't know if anyone remembers our Pokal game against them (yes, the one with the Vidal dive), also not our best game...

They lost 5-0 in Munich last season and the season before they lost 6-0, a memorable game when they had zero shots either on or off target, even worse than yesterday. So yeah, they are Bayern's favorite punching bag at home along with HSV.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:19 pm

prasun77 wrote:[We already played Dortmund right(in the supercup)?and it was a good game too..

Doesn't the opening day game have far more international exposure than the Supercup, I think Fox in particular are using it to promote their Bundesliga coverage, don't they?

See..if we play suppose Schalke or Wolfsburg in our opening game then it wouldn't be as enjoyable as if we face them when both teams are in rhythym..If you ask me even schalke or vfl would get slaughtered if they face bayern when they are not in rhythm(most probably..just look at leverkusen last year) ..So its better if we face them a bit later so they would get some rhythm and we can have a better game..

Dortmund got slaughtered, IMO because Tuchel was a bit naive and Dortmund were still adapting to his style. Leverkusen not so much. They lost 3-0, two of them were penalties that not every ref would have called.

On another note only idiots say bundesliga is boring league why do you heed them? do you really believe its boring? we say epl is below average league in terms of football played do they heed us?

I understand why new viewers or casual viewers not familiar with the clubs and hence mostly looking for a title race - so probably the majority of the US and Asian audiences they are trying to attract - find it boring. They hear it's a one horse race with no competition, and proving them "right" with such an opening fixture that might be the first game they watch doesn't help.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:30 pm

RedQueen wrote:They lost 5-0 in Munich last season and the season before they lost 6-0, a memorable game when they had zero shots either on or off target, even worse than yesterday. So yeah, they are Bayern's favorite punching bag at home along with HSV.

As I said in a post yesterday, in the last 14 encounters with them (all wins), we have scored an average of 3.9 goals per game and only conceded 0.5 per game. Definitely a punching bag.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Any reason why the German NT was booed yest?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:37 am

I don't know, this thread seems to be full of praise and confidence. And yet Lewandowski scored the difficult ones while missing the easy shots. Alonso had a superb goal while misplacing a lot of easy passes and all the praise thrown really should be contrasted to the lack of pressing from Bremen.

If the rest of the league follows suit, fine. I'm all up for it. But hell that was some pathetic Center Backing yesterday. The only decency I saw from Bremen was the dude marking Ribsy, and even then that was for 30 mins or so.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga