You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-08-26] Bayern Munich vs Werder Bremen

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
94%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Werder Bremen will win
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2016-08-26] Bayern Munich vs Werder Bremen

Postby pyrasur » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:19 am

I don't get it. Great **** game by Ancelotti. But haven't we trashed Bremen for a while? In fact, all this bs about Lahm is going to score more under Ancelotti, I seem to remember Lahm getting two goals against Bremen a while ago. Bremen is not the bellweather. People acting otherwise are full of shit, and it's only going to lead to complacency. I tell you right now the only possible bellweather in the Hinrunde will be the games against Atletico Madrid. But outside of that there is nothing until the Rückrunde that signals any difference because our team under Guardiola was always unstoppable in the Hinrunde. But in the Rückrunde we will see what the difference will make.

Ancelotti said it himself, he's not here to revolutionize the system. We're seem slightly more direct, but I'm still watching the team cycle possession back to the defenders when they need to. We still had 71% possession according to BBC. He's here to give us that pragmatic edge we've been either been missing in Europe, or just lose by the time of the knockout rounds.

And hopefully he will make everyone on the team feel like a team player, not just the starting XI. I wish more of the fanbase echo that part of his character.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:43 am

I agree perfectly with you. But it's a very bright start, one of the best in history actually, so I guess we're allowed to dream a bit today. We seem well on track considering the Euros, injuries, and a new coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:00 am

Lahm started to play like the good old fullback that he once was... our game reminds me a lot of 2013.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:06 am

pyrasur wrote:I don't get it. Great **** game by Ancelotti. But haven't we trashed Bremen for a while? In fact, all this bs about Lahm is going to score more under Ancelotti, I seem to remember Lahm getting two goals against Bremen a while ago. Bremen is not the bellweather. People acting otherwise are full of shit, and it's only going to lead to complacency. I tell you right now the only possible bellweather in the Hinrunde will be the games against Atletico Madrid. But outside of that there is nothing until the Rückrunde that signals any difference because our team under Guardiola was always unstoppable in the Hinrunde. But in the Rückrunde we will see what the difference will make.

Ancelotti said it himself, he's not here to revolutionize the system. We're seem slightly more direct, but I'm still watching the team cycle possession back to the defenders when they need to. We still had 71% possession according to BBC. He's here to give us that pragmatic edge we've been either been missing in Europe, or just lose by the time of the knockout rounds.

And hopefully he will make everyone on the team feel like a team player, not just the starting XI. I wish more of the fanbase echo that part of his character.

I think by far the biggest difference I've seen under Ancelotti is the distance between our lines. Under Guardiola when attacking even our center backs were damn near in the opponents 18. Now they sit comfortably where Neuer used to be positioned 5-10 yards in our own half. We are creating just as many chances without the risky smothering. It seems at first glance almost identical because we are dominating play, but the field is much more open. That and I think our players are being given more freedom to make risky direct passes than before. Thiago chipped the ball over Bremens back line today than he did all of last year.

I know it's extremely early and Bremen isn't a good metric of how we are doing but that's what I've noticed so far
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:10 am

It's obvious that under Ancelotti possession isn't everything. A whip is not waiting them in the dressing room if they lose the ball. :P
Last edited by JANCKER on Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:17 am

I really enjoyed watching the game tonight, not just the 6 goals, but more to do with our entire play, it is clear now how rigid and restrictive in their play, our players were under Pep. Tonight they were playing with freedom, and expressing themselves, Thiago was on fire, hope this continues, the main difference was in 3-4 passes we were in the oppositions box, under Pep we'd still be at the centre backs. Positive times ahead, hopefully.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:20 am

JANCKER wrote:It's obvious that under Ancelotti possession isn't everything.

We finished the game with 71% possession, higher than the Guardiola term average.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:21 am

fashiondesign_guru wrote:We finished the game with 71% possession, higher than the Guardiola term average.

Yes, but we play more vertically... we risk more to lose the ball. We had possession before Pep but it wasn't everything. IMO we can get only better... and we'll get better.
Nobody yells at anybody for trying a long range shot or anything like that.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:47 am

JANCKER wrote:
fashiondesign_guru wrote:We finished the game with 71% possession, higher than the Guardiola term average.

Yes, but we play more vertically... we risk more to lose the ball. We had possession before Pep but it wasn't everything. IMO we can get only better... and we'll get better.
Nobody yells at anybody for trying a long range shot or anything like that.

Yes, it'll be all good. I'm happy.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:28 am

The player who I saw appeared to undergo an instant change under Ancelotti is Lewandowski. During Pep's time, he was utilised for just one too many things because he's such a complete forward and you get the impression that Pep gave him a lot of responsibilities outside of scoring in the final third - simply because Lewandowski have many skills that can be used in build-up play. It looks like he'll be able to turn into a proper deadly striker under Ancelotti a la the Milan Ibrahimovic. Sometimes maybe the simplest instructions and tactics would work best for the simplest position in football.

Also, our team clearly looked rejuvenated, perhaps we did need the managerial change (Ancelotti or whoever else) just for the sake of change, because systems like Pep's exhaust players quickly and can stagnate the development in training. I love Pep's football at their best more than anything, I love watching intricately built attack with lots of passes, but if losing that would give us a higher tempo game and more chance of scoring versus the likes of Atletico so be it.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:21 am

Machiavellico wrote:I'm gonna miss this match due to a party thrown for a good friend's birthday. If there will be a goal galore, I'm gonna hate him for being born in this day.

After having learned the score, I spit on his t shirt when he wasn't paying attention. Planned to throw a cigarette in his champagne bottle, but Renato didn't get a chance to play, so I didn't engage full rage mode.

But man. I miss one match and look what happens

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:12 am

Maybe I'm a depressing person or a realist, Bayern has always(more or less)decimated Weder Bremen for the last several years. I'm glad that the team played well and it looks like Ancelotti ideas are being expressed through this victory but I don't want to rush to judgment. The group game UCL vs A.Madrid and other more quality BuLi sides will be a much better indicator.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:13 am

German commentators on TV wouldn't stop talking during the game, at HT and after the game about how Bayern look "liberated" and the players are finally allowed to express their creativity again. Mehmet Scholl in particular.

Another thing, I Seriously don't know what the DFL marketing guys are thinking, putting this fixture on the opening day with a worldwide audience. Last year HSV, this year Bremen. Always Bayern's worst punching bags. Terrible marketing, and there they're wondering why the league is called "boring" and a "one team league". If you're going to promote the league, put a fixture there with an opponent that gives Bayern a game.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:15 am

JANCKER wrote:Lahm started to play like the good old fullback that he once was... our game reminds me a lot of 2013.

This...
When we passed the ball (possession) it was lightening quick

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:16 am

Machiavellico wrote:
Machiavellico wrote:I'm gonna miss this match due to a party thrown for a good friend's birthday. If there will be a goal galore, I'm gonna hate him for being born in this day.

After having learned the score, I spit on his t shirt when he wasn't paying attention. Planned to throw a cigarette in his champagne bottle, but Renato didn't get a chance to play, so I didn't engage full rage mode.

But man. I miss one match and look what happens
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga