You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-01-28] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
84%
It will end in a draw
11%
VfL Wolfsburg will win
5%

Total votes : 19

Re: [2012-01-28] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby tflags » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:17 pm

God this is going to be a boring second half of the season. Every team is going to try and be the Gladbach of counter attacking.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dambun » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:23 pm

It's very important that we got the 3 points and stayed on top.... I'm very happy about that....
But I'm utterly disappointed in our team... with the way we played... And I fear the result might flatter us, and blind us on our weaknesses... And we really don't have the luxury of slipping now, with the way Dortmund, Schalke and BMG are chasing us!

The greatest problem I see in our game is that our playing style is so immobile, and with immobility comes predictability.... For like 80% of the time, many of our players just stay at their posts!!! We don't mix it up at all!!!

Look at Ribery for example... He is so industrious and he engaged so much in the game that many rated him as our best player... To my eyes, it was not like that.... Why is he always positioned in a certain place when our team is building up attacks?... He always stays very close to the side-line, just a little bit into the opponent's half! Then he gets the ball from Lahm, and passes it back, or he tries to solely run and dribble past 2-3 opponent defenders which usually results in losing the ball...

WTF is thisss??? We need to have a flowing playing style... we need players to change positions, get close together, combine, make triangles, squares.... move into free spaces.... I believe this is the main reason why Mueller fails in Bayern and succeeds in the Nationalmannschaft.... He is not a player who can dribble past 3 defenders and score... he is a smart player who combines well with others, makes a lot of runs to create opportunity for himself or create spaces for others.... And this happens a lot in the NT, but in Bayern, where most of the team players are immobile and fixed on their spots, he can't do his magic... The stats of his runnings in the past 2 matches show he is physically top fit... But he can't transform all this effort into results because our team does not play a flowing game...

Before the season begins... I remember Jupp talking about such things: predictability... fixed positions... rotations... I'm disappointed that we don't see enough improvement after like 6 months.... If we don't work on this issue, I'm afraid our chances of winning any titles this your would be seriously threatened....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby quaazi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:33 pm

Staticness is indeed a big contributor to Müller's dip in form. Müller is like a wall for other players to play off of, and he is not going to drag a team to success on his own. But the question is if the team should change to accommodate him or the other way round. Personally I'd obviously prefer a return to the free-scoring ways in terms of offense, but... who know how it is going to work defense-wise.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:34 pm

tflags wrote:God this is going to be a boring second half of the season. Every team is going to try and be the Gladbach of counter attacking.

It doesn´t new. Most of the team in the last two years, knew that bayern is weak in counterattack. And every team that visit Allianz Arena try to beat bayern by counterattacks. Gladbach is one of many teams that defeated bayern by that strategy.

Mourinho, in 2010 champions league final, knew that bayern weakness is the counterattacks, and he apply this strategy to beat us.

Bayern had carry these problem a long time ago, because it ´s defensive line play very forward.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:53 am

I agree with you Dambun.

It's like being back to August 2011 again. I hope we start to play much better like we did then
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Element » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:03 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:It doesn´t new. Most of the team in the last two years, knew that bayern is weak in counterattack. And every team that visit Allianz Arena try to beat bayern by counterattacks. Gladbach is one of many teams that defeated bayern by that strategy.

yet it is funny to say that the first Goal we conceded from a counter attack this season was Herrmanns goal in the 3-1 loss vs Gladbach
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:16 pm

It doesn't mean that much, though, I mean, look at our first 4 goals conceded - freak goal, own goal, penalty, freak deflection (last two v Hannover).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Element wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:It doesn´t new. Most of the team in the last two years, knew that bayern is weak in counterattack. And every team that visit Allianz Arena try to beat bayern by counterattacks. Gladbach is one of many teams that defeated bayern by that strategy.

yet it is funny to say that the first Goal we conceded from a counter attack this season was Herrmanns goal in the 3-1 loss vs Gladbach

Good point. I think it was all Heynckes' doing that allowed us to concede much fewer goals on the break using pretty much the same players. The difference is that the defence starts from Gomez. Everyone is tracking back to try and win the ball back.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:01 pm

dambun: I agree with what you said. What I don't understand is that we were playing very good football a few months ago. We were scoring a lot and conceding very little. I don't know what happened since then... but hopefully the teams gets it back together quickly. Up until after this game in the first half of the season we were far from impressive. Remember we only beat Wolfsburg with an injury time goal in August.

However as MUTU said Heynckes has done one great thing, improving the defensive system. Now you might argue that since November we have only kept two clean sheets, but our defending is clearly much better than last season anyway.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Match ratings by kicker.de (lower is better):

Manuel Neuer (3,5)
Rafinha (4,5)
Jerome Boateng (3,0)
Holger Badstuber (3,0)
Philipp Lahm (3,5)
Bastian Schweinsteiger (3,0)
Toni Kroos (3,0)
Arjen Robben (4,0)
Thomas Müller (4,5)
Franck Ribery (2,0)
Mario Gomez (3,0)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:51 pm

dambun wrote:It's very important that we got the 3 points and stayed on top.... I'm very happy about that....
But I'm utterly disappointed in our team... with the way we played... And I fear the result might flatter us, and blind us on our weaknesses... And we really don't have the luxury of slipping now, with the way Dortmund, Schalke and BMG are chasing us!

The greatest problem I see in our game is that our playing style is so immobile, and with immobility comes predictability.... For like 80% of the time, many of our players just stay at their posts!!! We don't mix it up at all!!!

Look at Ribery for example... He is so industrious and he engaged so much in the game that many rated him as our best player... To my eyes, it was not like that.... Why is he always positioned in a certain place when our team is building up attacks?... He always stays very close to the side-line, just a little bit into the opponent's half! Then he gets the ball from Lahm, and passes it back, or he tries to solely run and dribble past 2-3 opponent defenders which usually results in losing the ball...

WTF is thisss??? We need to have a flowing playing style... we need players to change positions, get close together, combine, make triangles, squares.... move into free spaces.... I believe this is the main reason why Mueller fails in Bayern and succeeds in the Nationalmannschaft.... He is not a player who can dribble past 3 defenders and score... he is a smart player who combines well with others, makes a lot of runs to create opportunity for himself or create spaces for others.... And this happens a lot in the NT, but in Bayern, where most of the team players are immobile and fixed on their spots, he can't do his magic... The stats of his runnings in the past 2 matches show he is physically top fit... But he can't transform all this effort into results because our team does not play a flowing game...

Before the season begins... I remember Jupp talking about such things: predictability... fixed positions... rotations... I'm disappointed that we don't see enough improvement after like 6 months.... If we don't work on this issue, I'm afraid our chances of winning any titles this your would be seriously threatened....

We failed to see our failures... hence we lost points in HSV...
There have been a few problems going on for a few games now... And the more we neglect them, the more we'll regret it in future... we are approaching some very important matches...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Previous

Return to Bundesliga