You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-01-28] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
84%
It will end in a draw
11%
VfL Wolfsburg will win
5%

Total votes : 19

Re: [2012-01-28] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Tz gave Ribery a match rating of 2 (lower is better), Mueller a 4 and the rest a 3. The substitutes were not rated as they didn't play enough minutes.
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:49 am

shpati_L1 wrote:Can someone post the FULL MATCH links please?

I missed the match because i went skiing with my friends.

Uploaded here: match-downloads-f14/bayern-munich-vs-wolfsburg-t7724.html
Hope you enjoyed your skiing!
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:55 am

Match ratings according to a goal.com article. Funnily enough they gave Ribery the "top of the match" despite giving Badstuber and Schweinsteiger a higher rating.

Manuel Neuer 6.5
No mistakes this time from the Germany international, although he was never really tested. Had to come off his line quickly a couple times, but overall had very little to do.

Rafinha 5.5
Willy Sagnol recently said the Brazilian right-back has much to prove and this time Rafinha did not entirely convince. The partnership between he and Robben was far less impressive than that between Lahm and Ribery. Not entirely convincing in defence either; he was badly dispossessed by Mandzukic to create a good chance, and left Koo with a clear path towards goal. Could have been punished, but was lucky twice.

Jerome Boateng 7.5
A very strong game from the versatile defender, who was at home in a central role. Made one mistake as he was beaten on 24 minutes, and that costs him a better rating. But for the other 89 minutes and 55 seconds, he did everything right: that Mandzukic and Dejagah created nothing on their own merit speaks volumes for the defender.

Philipp Lahm 6.5
A somewhat mixed performance from the captain, who started extremely well but was guilty of a woefully poor back-pass on 12 minutes that could have cost his team the game. Rebounded well from his most recent performance, but still left something to be desired.

Holger Badstuber 8.0
Played a quietly brilliant game. The defender on several occasions was quick to anticipate play and cut off potential opportunities. Kept Mandzukic and Dejagah very quiet and won nearly all his challenges. Assured with the ball at his feet and outstanding when without possession.

Franck Ribéry 7.5
His team's greatest danger in attack: the Frenchman had a volley saved in the opening minutes and was very unlucky not to win a penalty before half-time. He never became discouraged and it was his free kick that forced the opener.

Arjen Robben 6.5
Credited with a goal, but that was all Olic's doing. Made one brilliant move to get past Rodriguez in the opening minutes, but it was one isolated occasion: on the whole, he just did not do very much. And of great concern to Bayern fans, he appears to have lost some of his pace.

Bastian Schweinsteiger 8.0
Bossed the game in an anchoring role. Was everywhere his team needed him in defence and was extremely clean in retaining possession and keeping the ball moving in the pass. Deserved an assist for his clever ball to Gomez. Made one mistake, but followed it up an instant later with a superb tackle.

Toni Kroos 7.0
Formally played alongside Schweinsteiger in a defensive role, but in reality was most localised to an area higher up the pitch. Saw less of the ball than usual, but moved into space well, won the ball back when necessary and played some clever passes. That Bayern were able to play well with him as a No. 6 speaks well for the player's development.

Thomas Müller 5.0
The most industrious man on the pitch before his substitution, but, as he often has this season, failed to show a cutting edge. Badly missed his one chance on goal before half-time and appeared not to have the confidence to create play when in possession.

Mario Gomez 7.0
There is only one man in the world who can stop Gomez, and that is the striker himself. Had a goal called offside and appeared to lose his confidence after missing a sitter on 19 minutes. Finally got his goal on the hour mark - scrappy though it was, it made the difference. Replaced for the final quarter hour.

• Substitutions
David Alaba N/A
On only for a few moments at the end.

Luiz Gustavo Dias 6.0
Replaced Muller for the final 24 minutes and played well without doing anything spectacular. Had one look at goal but was a little over-ambitious as he went for an audacious chip when a low strike to the far post would have sufficed.

Ivica Olic 7.0
Rather quiet in his 15 minutes of play, but made his impact felt in the closing seconds as he chipped Benaglio, doing all the hard work for Robben's goal.
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:07 am

MUTU wrote:Tz gave Ribery a match rating of 2 (lower is better), Mueller a 4 and the rest a 3. The substitutes were not rated as they didn't play enough minutes.

At first I thought it was me. Then the forum. Now every announcer is commenting on Mueller's form. The results are in as well; we play him CAM and things don't move forward. His sub today means Heynkes is standing in line too...
Rule #692: Whatever you do in life, Alaba... has done it better.
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby lau03143 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:09 am

munichfan wrote:
lau03143 wrote:I'm not surprised that they banned a free magazine being handed out inside the ground. Surely it takes away from official club matchday literature.

We're talking about a 4-sided black-and-white print here. It's been around for 9 years and the club has known about it for 9 years (as they verified the contents each match day). In addition, Bayern Munich stopped selling a match day magazine/programme last year, so this was not a competition-inhibiting measure. This was simply because the management was/is worried that it might say something they don't like.

That's shocking then... The last few days has been a PR nightmare for them.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Mr.S » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:57 am

TZ is fine,even Kicker or Bild is fine. BUT Goal.com is SHIT. I doubt if they even watch the matches. Goal.com has to be one of the shittiest sites ever. I do agree with TZ but I would give Olic a 2 as well in the limited minutes,Ribery's game was 2 Level overall but for me his 1 on 1 miss makes me doubt it.

Anyways Average game but Crucial points
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Did not watch the game because i was at the Gym

Spox.com named Jerome Boateng as Man of the match

and I read That Ribery was Awesome
WORLD CUP FEVER :D
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Element wrote:Spox.com named Jerome Boateng as Man of the match

Weird choice even though he had a good match and was amongst the best.
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:03 pm

Mr.S wrote:Goal.com has to be one of the shittiest sites ever.

Normally I'd agree with you on this, but other than Badstuber (too high) and Ribery (too low), I think their ratings for Bayern players were quite fair this time
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:05 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Mr.S wrote:Goal.com has to be one of the shittiest sites ever.

Normally I'd agree with you on this, but other than Badstuber (too high) and Ribery (too low), I think their ratings for Bayern players were quite fair this time

I'd like to add that despite goal.com used to be one of the shittiest sites, lately it has been gradually and consistently improving. They are starting to write some good articles. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this.
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:07 pm

MUTU wrote:I'd like to add that despite goal.com used to be one of the shittiest sites, lately it has been gradually and consistently improving. They are starting to write some good articles. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this.

The main problem with goal.com was always the NEWS articles. Their editorials, especially Clark Whitney's, have always been interesting to me
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:36 pm

quaazi wrote:Hmh. Can't think of any good reason to do either of the two (fencing and magazine)... :?

The reason for the fencing is that sometimes fans had toppled the weak fencing that existed in order to get a better view of the pitch. At least this is the official explanation.

Source: http://www.tz-online.de:80/sport/fc-bay ... 80192.html
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mr.S » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:49 pm

I still think the ratings are shit. Rafinha was bad IMO. ATleast 3-4 got times got muscled out & was mediocre defensively.

Other than that the game changed Gomez was subbed off. I give him credit for the goal but he could not slot in into the empty net.

Ribery's I did not thing was awesome. He was very good but final was not exceptional or scoring wise.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby lau03143 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:48 pm

MUTU wrote:
quaazi wrote:Hmh. Can't think of any good reason to do either of the two (fencing and magazine)... :?

The reason for the fencing is that sometimes fans had toppled the weak fencing that existed in order to get a better view of the pitch. At least this is the official explanation.

Source: http://www.tz-online.de:80/sport/fc-bay ... 80192.html

Why have the fencing at all?
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Mr.S wrote:Ribery's I did not thing was awesome. He was very good but final was not exceptional or scoring wise.

But we most see that Ribery is playing very alone in the left, and usually two or three players mark him everytime when he has the ball, complicating him to generate attacks.

When Lahm supports him, they can create many problems to the defense, but Lahm as a defense can't help him everytime, and sometimes Ribery has to take away two or three defenses by himself, and thats is very difficult.

Kroos, Schweini or Muller must support Ribery too.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga