You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-01-28] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
84%
It will end in a draw
11%
VfL Wolfsburg will win
5%

Total votes : 19

Re: [2012-01-28] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Robben on a bad day can decide a match by himself

When Ribery plays, both play better

Robben usually plays great in Allianz

He needs to regain his form playing more games

It could be very bad for his ego

So benching Robben is not a good idea IMO. Müller has been underperforming all along 2011 if you ask me. He only had very few good moments with us last year
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:08 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Robben usually plays great in Allianz

Do you mean with some game on his mobile phone whilst nursing an injury? :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dambun » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:22 pm

IMO we should choose our starting lineup based on their current form, not their name, or their ego, or their form in fall 2011...

I don't want anyone, including Robben, feeling they have a reserved spot there... Whoever wants a spot should perform and grab it...

Based on the last game, and the friendlies, Mueller has been one of our best performers, if not the best.... I wouldn't bench him....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:47 pm

Greek Bavarian wrote:Basically Kroos when he is behind Gomez plays more like a CAM than a SS and I believe that this is better for the team as well.So I believe Muller must be more trained to become a better winger because we want both of them in the starting line-up.
Of course this opinion is for general discussion about the team. For the match I want Kroos in and Muller to be a supersub.
We shouldn't play Kroos next to Schweini because we will have two full-backs that go upfront very often and we will need a good defensive midfielder like Gustavo or Tymo to help the two CB's.

1) First of all, the better for the team is to have many player with the capacity to score and assist many times. And Muller as a SS can produce more goals than Kroos as a CAM.

So, ¿what is better for the team?

To have a CAM like Kroos that only pass the ball and assist sometimes or a SS like Muller that can assist and score a lot..

2)Muller said that he prefer to play as SS and and do not as a winger, so he will not like the idea to be prepare only to be a winger. He was playing there, because bayern doesnt have any other alternative to replace a Robben injured. And that was temporary.

I insist that Muller is more productive behind Gomez than Kroos.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:04 am

dambun wrote:IMO we should choose our starting lineup based on their current form, not their name, or their ego, or their form in fall 2011...

I don't want anyone, including Robben, feeling they have a reserved spot there... Whoever wants a spot should perform and grab it...

Based on the last game, and the friendlies, Mueller has been one of our best performers, if not the best.... I wouldn't bench him....

Müller hasn't done anything in the last 6 months. On the other hand do you think we should play Butt because Neuer was in poor form against Gladbach :?:

Robben is one of the most decisive players in Europe. He is like Messi or Ronaldo. Even if he is not at his best he can score or assist from nowhere.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Mr.S » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:13 am

I think Kroos-Schweni is the worst ever mid-field combo for Bayern in the last few years & I am praying it does not happen. You cant play a CM & CAM instead of a DM/CM combo. I hope Gustavo plays,Rafinha is short & we need a decently tall good header.

Rafinha is average defensively & Lahm on the left is slightly suspect & not as solid in defending as he is in the Left. With Schweni-Kroos there is no one to cover up for Lahm or Rafinha. We need a Ball Winner & Tackler at the centre of pitch who will run like a donkey if needed & win the balls back. Neither Schweni or Kroos is that kind of player. I hated the Schweni-Kroos combo last match & last year.

Muller was quite average last match too. If he was not a home grown & Golden Ball winner he would have been benched a long time back. Kroos must start at CAM as he is awesome & FAR FAR better than Muller at that position. He has the potential to be the Best No.10 in the world. Muller can be a Fantastic Super Sub like Fab is for Spain.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mr.S » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:15 am

dambun wrote:IMO we should choose our starting lineup based on their current form, not their name, or their ego, or their form in fall 2011...

He has Horrible Last Game. Worst guy on the field. RObben who was average atleast had a killer cross & a genuine excuse of having boateng behind.

I hope you are not considering meaingless friendlies against India(ranked 165th odd) & 2nd division Qatar or Egyptian side.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mr.S » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:19 am

Payam wrote:I don't like it either, but Robben hasn't quite been..well anything lately. At the same time Muller, imho, has been equally good as our flying Dutchman.
Whatever Heynckes decides on that right wing spot should be good. After all, he is the one overseeing the pre match practices, not I.

Robben did score the winner against Bochum & had a killer cross last match. You cant blame Robben when he has Tymo & Boateng around him. Even Messi would play as bad with sort of players around.

Anyways Robben has been nowhere near the 2009-11 Robben & that we can all see. But Muller has been by far our most horrible player. I think even Alaba should play ahead of Muller based on Present Form & not on Past repuatation. He was invisible last match & is he was not home-grown or a Golden Boot Winner he would have struggled to make it even as a sub.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:24 am

Mad formation prediction by kicker.de!

Neuer - Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, Kroos - Robben, T. Müller, Ribery - Gomez

and bench:
Butt, Breno, Alaba, Luiz Gustavo, Pranjic, Tymoshchuk, Usami, Olic, Petersen

If this turns out to be true, then we'd have no true #6, with both Luiz Gustavo and Tymoshchuk on the bench! Who would provide cover for the defence?

I'm waiting to see BILD's formation. That's the one I trust most.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:40 am

Anyone else shares my feeling that this is Boateng's biggest opportunity? He needs to take it right now and make that CB position his. After all, that's what he was bought for.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:25 am

MUTU wrote:Anyone else shares my feeling that this is Boateng's biggest opportunity? He needs to take it right now and make that CB position his. After all, that's what he was bought for.

Sort of a catch 22 situation IMO. He excels, he keeps the CB position at the club (besides, it is his if van Buyten leaves) but looses the spot at the NT. He excels at the full back position, he keeps both the club's and the NT... Problem is he doesn't want the latter... Best case scenario, plays CB for club and RB for country. (add start a good relationship with Robben and we have Nirvana...)
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:35 am

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:Anyone else shares my feeling that this is Boateng's biggest opportunity? He needs to take it right now and make that CB position his. After all, that's what he was bought for.

Sort of a catch 22 situation IMO. He excels, he keeps the CB position at the club (besides, it is his if van Buyten leaves) but looses the spot at the NT. He excels at the full back position, he keeps both the club's and the NT... Problem is he doesn't want the latter... Best case scenario, plays CB for club and RB for country. (add start a good relationship with Robben and we have Nirvana...)

How about he excels at CB, forms a formidable partnership with Badstuber and then partners him in Euro 2012?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:04 pm

I have said it many times

IT IS THE GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY for Jerome Boateng

MUTU wrote:Neuer - Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, Kroos - Robben, T. Müller, Ribery - Gomez

My Favorite Bayern Formation

PLEASE BE TRUE
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Greek Bavarian » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:15 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
Greek Bavarian wrote:Basically Kroos when he is behind Gomez plays more like a CAM than a SS and I believe that this is better for the team as well.So I believe Muller must be more trained to become a better winger because we want both of them in the starting line-up.
Of course this opinion is for general discussion about the team. For the match I want Kroos in and Muller to be a supersub.
We shouldn't play Kroos next to Schweini because we will have two full-backs that go upfront very often and we will need a good defensive midfielder like Gustavo or Tymo to help the two CB's.

1) First of all, the better for the team is to have many player with the capacity to score and assist many times. And Muller as a SS can produce more goals than Kroos as a CAM.

To have a CAM like Kroos that only pass the ball and assist sometimes or a SS like Muller that can assist and score a lot..

2)Muller said that he prefer to play as SS and and do not as a winger, so he will not like the idea to be prepare only to be a winger. He was playing there, because bayern doesnt have any other alternative to replace a Robben injured. And that was temporary.

Like it or not if we want a future team with all the stars from our academy in the starting 11, Kroos should play as a CAM and Muller as a winger because we can't have Kroos aside Schweini. This can only happen with easy opponents.
I know Muller is better as a SS and he likes to play as SS but there must be a solution. We can't always have to bench one of them. They must be together in the starting line-up. So one solution is to have Kroos as a CAM and Muller as a winger and the other solution is to change formation.
Maybe I am wrong, but that's the way I see things in general and not for this particular match.
Greek Bavarian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mr.S » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Greek Bavarian wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:

Like it or not if we want a future team with all the stars from our academy in the starting 11, Kroos should play as a CAM and Muller as a winger because we can't have Kroos aside Schweini. This can only happen with easy opponents.
I know Muller is better as a SS and he likes to play as SS but there must be a solution. We can't always have to bench one of them. They must be together in the starting line-up. So one solution is to have Kroos as a CAM and Muller as a winger and the other solution is to change formation.
Maybe I am wrong, but that's the way I see things in general and not for this particular match.

Bayern should be about giving Deserving Academy guys a chance. If your idea is true then we should NEVER have brought Neuer & should have stuck with Kraft or Lell or Ottl. The Best young Bayern plays in years in defense is playing for Dortmund & it's a shame. Bayern is not a charity organization.

You must earn your place through your performance. If that happens does not happen then Bayern will not become Barca but 1860,I personally would be ashamed to even be a Bayern supporter. Hell barca even sold Fab because there was no vacancy. He is back now where he belongs. The Great Academy players will always come back & get their spot. If Muller is deserving he will earn his post & not get it for free. If he is not Bad Luck for Bayern & he should be ready to loose it to a much more hungry guy in Reus in the German NT
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga