You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-09-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
88%
It will end in a draw
No votes
VfL Wolfsburg will win
13%

Total votes : 8

Re: [2017-09-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:40 pm

Costing us title shots fir castles in the sky? Dumb...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:52 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Ed. wrote:I truly don't see what the drama is about though. The quality of the rest of the BL is laughable. Bayern will drop points left, right and centre this season but will still end up champions.

Well, we're not first right now and the ones in first place have conceded exactly 0 goals so far, pending today's game. If that's laughable, I don't know what our current quality is.

It is even more than that, the way we are playing any team in the BL has a chance to at least grab a point from Bayern and the more it happens the less confident our team is going to be, the more our morale is going to suffer, the more others will grow into each game.

Our current Bayern started to remind me Klinsmann's 08-09 roller coaster campaign. I remember early in the season having a couple of games when we trashed Hertha at home and Koln away in back to back games and when we thought all was back on track here comes Bremen with a young Ozil to give us a lesson at home. I remember Bayern throwing away 2 goal leads like this one early in the season against HSV, Bochum and Gladbach. Back then, some said the same, that we were going to recover and win the BL and we kept Klinsmann too long and who will forget that by the spring we received a historic spanking at the hands of Wolfsburg with Grafitte and Dzeko teasing our defense at will. By March in the Pokal Neverkusen also spanked us 4:2 in the QF and in the Champions League Barca also gave us a 4:0.

After watching Dortmund today, if I was Uli I would be asking our groundskeepers to buy some shovels (just in case) I have this feeling that we will need them to pick up all the sh!t sometime this season. I hope that Ancelotti proves me wrong though, and I hope it all starts in Paris on Wednesday but I will not bet a penny on it.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby aterford » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:36 am

Jorge wrote:It is even more than that, the way we are playing any team in the BL has a chance to at least grab a point from Bayern and the more it happens the less confident our team is going to be, the more our morale is going to suffer, the more others will grow into each game.

Our current Bayern started to remind me Klinsmann's 08-09 roller coaster campaign. I remember early in the season having a couple of games when we trashed Hertha at home and Koln away in back to back games and when we thought all was back on track here comes Bremen with a young Ozil to give us a lesson at home. I remember Bayern throwing away 2 goal leads like this one early in the season against HSV, Bochum and Gladbach. Back then, some said the same, that we were going to recover and win the BL and we kept Klinsmann too long and who will forget that by the spring we received a historic spanking at the hands of Wolfsburg with Grafitte and Dzeko teasing our defense at will. By March in the Pokal Neverkusen also spanked us 4:2 in the QF and in the Champions League Barca also gave us a 4:0.

After watching Dortmund today, if I was Uli I would be asking our groundskeepers to buy some shovels (just in case) I have this feeling that we will need them to pick up all the sh!t sometime this season. I hope that Ancelotti proves me wrong though, and I hope it all starts in Paris on Wednesday but I will not bet a penny on it.

This....that's why I think it's funny people think getting 1st or 2nd in our group is a guaranteed prospect. I don't remember if it was this thread or elsewhere but the general sentiment was "We don't have to worry about that as Anderlecht and Celtic would probably be relegation level teams in the Bundesliga" and I'm over here like...."Don't you see that relegation-level teams are more than enough trouble for us with the way we're playing right now?"

Of course I will hope for the best with every match, but right now it seems like a lot of blind hope and optimism due solely to Carlo's past successes floating around. IMO there's not a lot of positives to point to at the moment.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:48 am

Not a lot? I see none...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:15 pm

aterford wrote:. . . but right now it seems like a lot of blind hope and optimism due solely to Carlo's past successes floating around. IMO there's not a lot of positives to point to at the moment.

On the other hand if Ulcereich had put up a second hand instead of punching it with just one we might not be having this conversation. For all the politeness and attempts that speak otherwise, that was the case.

Bundesliga teams are becoming harder to beat. Hoffenheim played without a single forward and Wolfsburg sported one of the tightest spaces between the lines since Heynckes met Chelsea. Both teams had scarcely three or four chances at goal which became synonymous between the two (a sleeping Rudy -sorry ppl- it is right there on the video) and a distracted defense.

Like I said in my previous comment, I was surprised the amount of control the team got as Ancelotti used two CBs to start the build up yesterday and still got control of the game until that free kick patzer.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:31 pm

Do you want to see control or actual attempts at goal? Cause for me it is the second and Friday's was an abysmal game...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:13 pm

tflags wrote:On the other hand if Ulcereich had put up a second hand instead of punching it with just one we might not be having this conversation.

If Robben's shot wouldn't have been deflected, if Lewa's penalty wouldn't have been called. Football is made of so many "ifs"...............
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Manchu » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:29 pm

Jorge wrote:
tflags wrote:On the other hand if Ulcereich had put up a second hand instead of punching it with just one we might not be having this conversation.

If Robben's shot wouldn't have been deflected, if Lewa's penalty wouldn't have been called. Football is made of so many "ifs"...............

But the ifs were definitely in our favor
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Manchu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:44 pm

Manchu wrote:
Jorge wrote:

But the ifs were definitely in our favor
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Weren't they also in Hoffenheim?

If we lose 1 in 3 games where we lead it, what's that statistic actually worth?

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:53 pm

#12 wrote:
Manchu wrote:But the ifs were definitely in our favor
Weren't they also in Hoffenheim?

If we lose 1 in 3 games where we lead it, what's that statistic actually worth?

And in the '99 CL Final, '12 CL Final, and so on and so on. Are we talking here about football?

Fact, when you are convincingly strong the "ifs" are less relevant. At this time they aren't.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby aterford » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:57 am

tflags wrote:
aterford wrote:. . . but right now it seems like a lot of blind hope and optimism due solely to Carlo's past successes floating around. IMO there's not a lot of positives to point to at the moment.

On the other hand if Ulcereich had put up a second hand instead of punching it with just one we might not be having this conversation. For all the politeness and attempts that speak otherwise, that was the case.

Bundesliga teams are becoming harder to beat. Hoffenheim played without a single forward and Wolfsburg sported one of the tightest spaces between the lines since Heynckes met Chelsea. Both teams had scarcely three or four chances at goal which became synonymous between the two (a sleeping Rudy -sorry ppl- it is right there on the video) and a distracted defense.

Like I said in my previous comment, I was surprised the amount of control the team got as Ancelotti used two CBs to start the build up yesterday and still got control of the game until that free kick patzer.

Yeah, see, I don't think that changes much.
Win or lose we are still showing the same problems in every match. Got lucky for both our goals and Wolfsburg happened to be more clinical. If Schalke and Mainz had finished like Wolfsburg did, that probably changes the conversation too.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:11 am

Jorge wrote:And in the '99 CL Final, '12 CL Final, and so on and so on. Are we talking here about football?

This literally makes me f*king want to RANT, have a rampage. How many shots did we take in '12 final? about 40? How many did Chelsea have? 8? If we had xGPlot we might see a 3.x vs 0.x. But so what! we lost, get over it. And in history we lost to MU in this way, and in further histroy we lost to Porto, Aston Villa... gifted at least 3 CL trophies to those guys who had not even touched it!!!! F....

What the f is the problem with Bayern! We came with so so many coaches managers and players and seems every frigging team of Bayern had problem finishing the chances they deserve!

@god What have we done!!!!! (Courtesy of 1.FC. Koln)
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Jorge » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:27 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:This literally makes me f*king want to RANT, have a rampage. How many shots did we take in '12 final? about 40? How many did Chelsea have? 8? If we had xGPlot we might see a 3.x vs 0.x. But so what! we lost, get over it. And in history we lost to MU in this way, and in further histroy we lost to Porto, Aston Villa... gifted at least 3 CL trophies to those guys who had not even touched it!!!! F....

Chill out man, it is just a game. In my playing days I had a coach that used to say: "we played like never before, as always: we lost!"
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Previous

Return to Bundesliga