You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-09-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
88%
It will end in a draw
No votes
VfL Wolfsburg will win
13%

Total votes : 8

Re: [2017-09-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:54 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Another thing is that the dfl should have avoided a Friday matchday since there was a midweek fixture.
OK one can argue that it may have affected both but still it is an idiotic decision

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:05 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Another thing is that the dfl should have avoided a Friday matchday since there was a midweek fixture.
OK one can argue that it may have affected both but still it is an idiotic decision

Come on man, those are all excuses. Bayern have the best Friday record in the past. (Also the best record after the international break before the 0-2 against Hoffenheim).

#12 wrote:They won two out of three games last year, Nostradamus!

This is correct. To say Bayern always beats Dortmund is silly.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ed. » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:19 pm

This team playing in this fashion, is going nowhere.

Ancelloti has to clearly share the blame for these uninspiring performances this season, but I cannot believe how the most of the fans here see him as the major factor.

Yes, the team can definitely be playing quicker. Does Hummel's really f^cking need 3 touches to get the ball to Vidal 20mts away when there's no opponent in sight? It's Ancelloti's job to set the pattern of play before the game and then dictate orders to try and enforce them during the game. For strategy, he is solely responsible.

However, the bigger issue that will not be solved by dispensing with the manager is how average the attack is with the potency of Ribery and Robben being blunted and so clearly in decline(Well, in Ribery's case, the potency has been non-existent since last season), but hey our management says, this attack is perfectly fine and in fact is actually awe inspiring when everyone is fit :roll: .

Rafinha finds himself as the furthest player in a Bayern shirt,on the left hand side 3-4 times in the first half. Where is Ribery,? 10m behind asking for the ball to be played back. Did he even once make the effort and provide an outside run for the overload??? No, apparently Ribery's self designated role is to keep possession ticking over now. Take on a defender on the wing? Sorry, no can do. Some of these kids in the EPL, do it 3 times in a minute.

A couple of good results against absolutely woeful teams has not changed my opinion. From having a top 2 (atleast 3) attack in Europe over the last few years, we now have a good but in no way stellar attack. There is no invention and alarmingly no pace, except for when Coman is on the pitch.

Goals will only come from Lewa or Robben with any sort of regularity. Mueller's ability to find space and then his inability to do anything with it, since he does not have the pace or skill is being over exposed with Robben and Ribery not cutting up defences. In addition, Mueller as usual loses possession half the time he gets it, but Mr Bayern is beyond reproach.

Wolfsburg should hardly have been a test and this attack floundered. Against more organized, water tight defences, this attack will easily be shut out.

All this while, Hoeness, who is completely at fault, sits in the stands with his stupid scarf. He's getting fatter every game btw. Life must be good aspiring to mediocrity.
Last edited by Ed. on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:27 pm

So someone is pointing a gun to his head forcing him to be satisfied with this squad AND to play Robbery for 87 minutes?!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ed. » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:38 pm

#12 wrote:So someone is pointing a gun to his head forcing him to be satisfied with this squad AND to play Robbery for 87 minutes?!

Like I said #12, he is clearly at fault for some decisions.

The game could have been won yesterday with earlier subs, there's no doubt about that.

I truly don't see what the drama is about though. The quality of the rest of the BL is laughable. Bayern will drop points left, right and centre this season but will still end up champions.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:40 pm

#12 wrote:So someone is pointing a gun to his head forcing him to be satisfied with this squad AND to play Robbery for 87 minutes?!

As for being satisfied with the squad, are there really any surprises there?. Right from Milan to Madrid to Chelsea to PSG, Carlo has always always been a non-confrontational yes man.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Still, just because he's always been like that still makes him an incompetent idiot

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ed. » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:55 pm

#12 wrote:Still, just because he's always been like that still makes him an incompetent idiot

You won't find any arguments from me.

I was agnostic with this appointment and whether he stays or goes in the short term. I didn't see any viable candidates back when he was appointed or now that would be an improvement over him.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Anyone with a basic understanding of tactics, is good with young players and/or just tries something different from time to time would do in my book...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Any of Tuchel, Nagelsmann and Hassenhütl would be great. Tuchel is the most experienced, tactically inclined and available, I'd kick Carlo out for him.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:33 pm

To be fair, I'd kick Carlo out for Peter Neururer or Michael Frontczek...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:39 pm

I'd even consider going full HSV and bringing Labaddia :lol:
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:47 pm

Ed. wrote:I truly don't see what the drama is about though. The quality of the rest of the BL is laughable. Bayern will drop points left, right and centre this season but will still end up champions.

Well, we're not first right now and the ones in first place have conceded exactly 0 goals so far, pending today's game. If that's laughable, I don't know what our current quality is.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:53 pm

We're talking a lot of this and that, but i don't saw someone who gives credit to Martin Shmidt. Dude knows how to play against Bayern in the Allianz Arena. With this game, Shmidt haven't lost his last 4 away games against us.

Bayern 2-2 Schalke
Bayern 1-2 Mainz
Bayern 2-2 Mainz
Bayern 2-2 Wolfsburg

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Magician » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:38 pm

I think the only reason for Carlos' late sub is to "keep the players safe from injuries" if we can sustain with the lead and keep important players on bench.
Magician
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga