You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-09-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
88%
It will end in a draw
No votes
VfL Wolfsburg will win
13%

Total votes : 8

Re: [2017-09-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby FCB12Forever » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:15 am

aterford wrote:but Ancelotti doesn't fit with Bayern.

Yes. We are in rebuild mode and I can't tolerate all our players being stuck in stagnant mode, having NO progress at all! You know how envious I am seeing Asensio and Isco making progress every freaking game? Painful! It could be called a crime to waste the years of Sule, Tolisso, Kimmich (probably the only one making progress),and last season Renato...
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Manchu » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:26 am

tflags wrote:Problem is these players that come in and get praised just because they had a great shot on goal last game around.

This is the second game Rudy is caught napping with an attacker getting ahead of him and scoring. And people around here call them the best DM since van Bommel.

Dude got half the passes (half!) of any of the CBs and we played pretty much without a regista until Tolisso showed up while earning (again) the worst rating for the night other than Ulcereich there at goal.

Then there's Muller. A player with a single brilliant touch (all night) to make us forget yet another invisible game of getting dispossed, misplacing 30% of his passes and no key pass whatsoever.

Luckyly for Muller there was Rudy otherwise he might have had to share the second worst performance on the evening on yet another night of horrors.

Muller was responsible for most of our offense through intercepting passes in the midfield. All the non-penalty big chances we had passed through his feet at some point.
Manchu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bmguy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:27 am

Losing Thiago is a costly price for us, he's the most important in midfield that I don't see any one can replace. Not sure if he's fit in time for PSG, the match just comes too soon.

No more 1st start for Ribery, please.
Last edited by bmguy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
bmguy
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby aterford » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:29 am

tflags wrote:Problem is these players that come in and get praised just because they had a great shot on goal last game around.

This is the second game Rudy is caught napping with an attacker getting ahead of him and scoring. And people around here call them the best DM since van Bommel.

Dude got half the passes (half!) of any of the CBs and we played pretty much without a regista until Tolisso showed up while earning (again) the worst rating for the night other than Ulcereich there at goal.

Then there's Muller. A player with a single brilliant touch (all night) to make us forget yet another invisible game of getting dispossed, misplacing 30% of his passes and no key pass whatsoever.

Luckyly for Muller there was Rudy otherwise he might have had to share the second worst performance on the evening on yet another night of horrors.

Yes, exactly. Just yesterday we have guys talking up Rudy like he's Pirlo but not as slow. Lo and behold, he puts in a real clunker today and is every bit as much to blame as the defense for the equalizer.
Spoiler: show
(an aside: funny how every time an attacker got by Alonso and our defense and scored he caught all of the blame, but now it happens to Rudy and this time it's just the defense's fault apparently)
Yet we keep hearing things like "Rudy is the only person on the team who can fill the regista role" and "we shouldn't sign Goretzka, we would give up our only regista" Hahaha. Whatever. That's a different issue I guess.

But, to be fair, I must admit that there were few positive performances for me on the whole. Nonetheless, not to toot my own horn - but myself and some of the other guys here labeled "pessimists" (realists) were saying after wins vs Anderlecht, Mainz, S04 that not much had changed. Just as we predicted - we'd look poor and then get a few wins and everyone would talk like we're right back on track and everything is perfectly okay. Of course, this was again shown to not be the case. Mainz/S04 notwithstanding - the same problems we showed last season, this preseason, and this season thus far STILL haven't been fixed and there's no indication things are getting better, either.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:41 am

(Mueller) what about that run he made to tackle and win the ball from a VfL counter?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:54 am

Some thoughts on yest match
https://twitter.com/bayerncentral/statu ... 5639552000

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:23 am

spotman wrote:We're gonna get embarassed by PSG and Ancelotti will be sacked. Watch. And i'm 99.9% a positive person, but Ancelotti doesn't fit with Bayern. I literally yawned throughout every match this year. Boring and ineffective.

You believe in miracles? We're gonna have to put up with the fat idiot for 5-6 more months, maybe April...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:32 am

ramsej84 wrote:Some thoughts on yest match
https://twitter.com/bayerncentral/statu ... 5639552000

"Good"? What was good about two goals that - judging by the rules - were not only gifted to us, but also our only real approach towards Casteels?
Am I the only one who realizes, that the score would've been the sane yesterday, had they played without Casteels?!

aterford wrote:
spotman wrote: but Ancelotti doesn't fit with Bayern.

This is what I think a lot of people fail to understand.

They say things like "Ancelotti has won the UCL three times," "he has managed big personalities fine in Madrid," "he has a winning track record," "he's better than Guardiola," "his teams take some time to find their form" and so on and so on.

But you know what? Simply....none of that matters, in regards to Bayern.

Let me run it down real quick:
-Previous success in one's career does not guarantee continued success
-Success at multiple clubs does not guarantee success at every club
-All personalities are different. Ronaldo, Ramos, Bale, Di Maria, Benzema, Marcelo, Pepe, etc -a lot of big egos on that team. But they are not the same people as Robben, Ribery, Lewandowski, Vidal, etc - success in managing one group of personalities does not guarantee success in managing another

I know I often come down pretty hard on Carlo and I don't mean it to be personal. I think Ancelotti is a likable enough guy, and of course I hope he does well. But he simply isn't a good fit at FC Bayern Munich. That's all. It's nothing personal. Ancelotti was a fine coach before he arrived in Munich. He may very well find a new club next year and do just fine there. I won't complain one bit. But it's just not working here.
We should be willing to admit this: it's okay to say that Carlo is a bad fit for Bayern while respecting the things he has done throughout his career and acknowledging his past successes. But we cannot afford to rest on Carlo's laurels. He's a bad fit for us, period.

IMHO he got lucky and made a few good calls... And he's WAY past his luck and even further past good calls now... It's embarrassing, really...

Likeable or not, I at least expect him to see that and have the decency to retire, instead of ripping us of millions for as long as possible, while working as little as possible and enjoying free Sundays every week... So yeah, I hate him...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:25 pm

Some guys are such in a good mood... die bitchez, we'll crush PSG.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Re: [2017-09-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburgi

Postby America USA » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:42 pm

It was a flat performance in both halves IMO. The second goal was a lucky deflection and the first one was a soft penalty. I thought it was going to be one of those days when Bayern play bad and still get away with a win, you know the stuff of champions and all. I was wrong.

Speaking about flat performance that is something which has become a recurring theme under Carlo’s management. On too many days the team looks short of ideas and lacks any cohesion on the field. I won’t point fingers at players (except maybe Sven was at fault for their first and Boateng’s marking skills have got bad for some reason, maybe lack of game time is to blame) because if that team yesterday had played to it’s potential we should’ve put three or four past Wolfsburg at home.

Our attacks seem to be too one dimensional. Yesterday we were trying everything almost everything through the middle against a parked bus. We didn’t see enough of Kimmich/Ribery crosses and only Thomas was trying the through balls. The Wolfsburg (ex-Mainz) coach is notorious for his bus parking against Bayern and we should have had a plan to try variations in the attacking options. Carlo’s fault this.

On a final note Robbery were disappointing yesterday. Robben should’ve passed to Robert when he instead decided to go himself and struck it wide. Robert was in a better position to score. Very bad Arjen! And Frank, if he thinks himself to be such a fantastic player, should have at least kept the shot on target instead of blasting it over. Then their usual sulking reaction on getting subbed looks even more worse/immature!

Lastly, James and Coman should have been introduced earlier when Wolfsburg were pushing for an equalizer (and Bayern had space to exploit) instead of the last ten minutes against a jam packed defense of 11 men. Once again that’s on Carlo.

The BL is not over yet and we can still make it but more such displays/results and Bayern could be in trouble, especially when Dortmund looks on a rampage.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:05 pm

America USA wrote:It was a flat performance in both halves IMO. The second goal was a lucky deflection and the first one was a soft penalty. I thought it was going to be one of those days when Bayern play bad and still get away with a win, you know the stuff of champions and all. I was wrong.

Speaking about flat performance that is something which has become a recurring theme under Carlo’s management. On too many days the team looks short of ideas and lacks any cohesion on the field. I won’t point fingers at players (except maybe Sven was at fault for their first and Boateng’s marking skills have got bad for some reason, maybe lack of game time is to blame) because if that team yesterday had played to it’s potential we should’ve put three or four past Wolfsburg at home.

Our attacks seem to be too one dimensional. Yesterday we were trying everything almost everything through the middle against a parked bus. We didn’t see enough of Kimmich/Ribery crosses and only Thomas was trying the through balls. The Wolfsburg (ex-Mainz) coach is notorious for his bus parking against Bayern and we should have had a plan to try variations in the attacking options. Carlo’s fault this.

On a final note Robbery were disappointing yesterday. Robben should’ve passed to Robert when he instead decided to go himself and struck it wide. Robert was in a better position to score. Very bad Arjen! And Frank, if he thinks himself to be such a fantastic player, should have at least kept the shot on target instead of blasting it over. Then their usual sulking reaction on getting subbed looks even more worse/immature!

Lastly, James and Coman should have been introduced earlier when Wolfsburg were pushing for an equalizer (and Bayern had space to exploit) instead of the last ten minutes against a jam packed defense of 11 men. Once again that’s on Carlo.

The BL is not over yet and we can still make it but more such displays/results and Bayern could be in trouble, especially when Dortmund looks on a rampage.

Basically yes...

BUT: I don't see THIS Bayern team endangering THIS Dortmund team... How? They're even stronger now, they're three ahead already and no way fatty is even gonna draw in Dortmund... To me, the Bundesliga is lost already, except we bring someone else in now...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:03 pm

At least Carlo himself pointed out it can't be pinned on Ulreich
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby James11 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:34 pm

Yeah, yeah, Dortmund stronger now. But they never can win against us. Simply as that. :)
James11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Another thing is that the dfl should have avoided a Friday matchday since there was a midweek fixture.
OK one can argue that it may have affected both but still it is an idiotic decision

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:52 pm

James11 wrote:Yeah, yeah, Dortmund stronger now. But they never can win against us. Simply as that. :)

They won two out of three games last year, Nostradamus!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga