You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
27
87%
It will end in a draw
2
6%
VfL Wolfsburg will win
2
6%
 
Total votes : 31

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby michel » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:02 am

Bayern Wolfsburg tactical analysis: The Bavarians took on a tough opponent in difficult circumstances and coach Pep Guardiola pulled off a few brilliant tactical moves in the first half.

More: Nuggets of brilliance
Publisher of Bayern Central
User avatar
michel
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:00 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 74 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:28 am

Ooh, ooh, I'm gonna do a tops and flops list, I've always wanted to do that!

TOPS

Pep Guardiola - yep, I went there. His judgement calls on the pitch - Gaudino, Bernat, the three-man line - all worked perfectly. Gaudino was absolutely amazing, his tight ball control left me drooling, it was like the ball was glued to his feet. Bernat finally had that great game that he's been looking for since the start of the season - both offensively and defensively. And finally, the 3-4-3 formation was gorgeous in how it allowed for a far quicker transition game than the 4-2-3-1 or the 4-1-4-1. It allows the transition to be done by the centerbacks without resorting to hoofball, which makes it so much more easy to pick your midfield duo if they have less of a duty to stay behind all the time. Even then, Gaudino was playing in the defensive line during build up and the formation morphed into god knows what monstrosoty then - at one point I saw him as a CB, Badstuber as a LW, and Bernat was lost somewhere in midfield I think.

Holger - this deserves special mention. This is the Holger we lost in 2012 and have so sorely missed since. His passing game is amazing, the elegance with which he can pick out a player and distribute the ball to him is so crucial. With Boateng's step forward into the boots of a world class defender and Benatia's immediate arrival, the BBB defensive line might just turn out to be the best in Europe very soon. Badstuber was worth the wait and worth the faith.

Rode - How did this kid slip under the radar!? Talk about an amazing midfield talent, he seems to have it all - passing, speed, stamina, intelligence, and, above else, a bulldog-like tenacity that reminds me of so many midfield destroyers we've had. Think Effenberg's midfield presence combined with Gustavo's sleek athleticism. Yeah, he's a bit short-ish, but who cares - the 3-4-3 deals with clearances and goal kicks by having the centerbacks step up to challenge for aerial balls, so midfield aerial presence doesn't really matter that much. He's already had highly impressive games against arguably the two top teams in Germany (one of them being a Hecking-butcher squad and the other Klopp's pressing machine so even more impressive for a midfielder), so things are looking highly promising indeed!

FLOPS

The Dortmund duo - Götze and Lewandowski both had competent if unspectacular games. Unfortunately, they were not signed to be unspectacular. Götze was particularly bad in this aspect - I had actually forgotten he was playing until the camera zoomed in on him for some reasond half an hour in. Lewandowski was not as invisible, but for ****'s sake man, how did you suddenly turn into Gomiss (no offense Mutu :wink: )? You're a torjägerkanone owner, act like one! I have faith in the two turning good soon, but jesus, I was screaming for Pizza to be put in by the 70th minute.

Dante - Oh how time makes a fool of us all. Expect Dante to be our fourth-choice centerback soon. Unfortunately the fears about him are true - he's only world class in a structured defensive system a la Heynckes or Favre. Fitting into the fluid modern gameplan of Pep's is seemingly too much of an ask for him. At this point I'd rather have van Buyten called out of his retirement-like status to be that central sweeping defender, because Dante is just not up to scratch anymore. For his own sake I hope he spends a lot of time on the bench to leave us with the good memories.

Shaqiri - What the hell happened, Kraftwürfel!? Right now you're going to find yourself behind the pecking order so, so far - Lewa, Pizza, Müller, Robben, Ribery, Green, Götze all deserve game time more than you. No bite at all anymore. Usually a young raw talent by his third season at a club is ready to explode unto the scene, but Shaq is actually regressing it seems. This has become the point when promising talents are usually written off. A loan deal might do wonders for him, but who knows what will happen in his Bayern career anymore.

The "not quite a flop but just dealt a tough hand" category

Schweini - seriously, he had to be a bit worried looking at this game. If a midfield duo with the combined age of 19 can look as assured as one with him in it, then that's pretty bad. If the substitute that improves play by so many levels even further came in on a free transfer, then it's really, REALLY bad. If the coach's first choice midfielder (okay, okay, "teacher's pet", happy now, Pep-raus'ers?) is soon ready to return from injury, then we might just be near the post-Schweini turning point. I guess putting in the MotM performance at a World Cup final is a good place for the narrative to end, huh? Hoping that's not the case, of course, but the baton is being dusted off and prepared to being passed on.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
User avatar
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 2011 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:29 am

Also, sorry guys, but I celebrated a bit when Olic scored. :P
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
User avatar
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 2011 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:33 am

quaazi, you would have gotten my "thanks for post" if not for the "Gomiss" part :|
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31243
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5493 times
Been thanked: 8205 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby runaway » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:34 am

Good and funny post keep it coming! ;)

Rode has been seen as the closest German prospect to Schweinstiger when he was in Eintracht so no surprises there. Good point about the aerial duels. Noticed it too in-game Dante and Badstuber leave their line to take the aerial challenge instead of the two CMs.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
User avatar
runaway
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:21 am
National Flag:
Philippines
Has thanked: 402 times
Been thanked: 1162 times

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby theundead » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:23 am

I think it was a good game considering that a lot of our players were in the EC semis and didn't have a proper pre-season.

Gaudino was immense. 97% pass accuracy. Fluid and fast decision making by him. Didn't hold the ball for long and almost had an assist.

Rode deserved that goal. Wrong offside call. And he deserves starting spot in central midfield. I'd bench Bernat, move Alaba to the left and but Rode in CDM. He is our answer to Basti's injury.

Bernat had a good game as well; his best in a Bayern jersey yet. I'd still have him as an Alaba backup instead of being a starter.

Neuer, Lewa didnt have really good games. Neuer's mistakes didnt cost us much. Lewa should have scored. But I am confident that Lewa, Robben and Muller will be a very potent threat in the days to come.

Goetze and Shaqiri were disappointing as has been the routine in the past months. Completely non existent. If they don't step up we'll need a proper Ribery backup soon.

Robben and Muller were simply brilliant. They are an absolute beauty to watch on that right wing together. Rodriguez is one of the best left backs in the league but he must be having a nightmare trying to deal with both.

And Badstuber! So glad to have him back. With Boateng back and Benatia signed, Dante won't be seen much on the field I think. Boateng, Badsy and Benatia would be such a solid defense if we are to play 4-2-3-1.

The Bundesliga is back!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :P
User avatar
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:46 pm
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
National Flag:
Pakistan
Has thanked: 511 times
Been thanked: 406 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby Dalv » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Benatia signed?
User avatar
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Romania
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 105 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby Calibayernfan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Any US residents try and watch this on GOLTV? I tried to DVR it but since they cant get their settings right I missed it. First Bayern game I have missed in 4 years. The reply supposedly showing now is an infomercial. Anyone have a good international website that streams and allows replays for the Bundesliga? GolTV I fear is nearly dead and has given up even trying to be a proper network in the US.
Calibayernfan
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby pyrasur » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:56 pm

Calibayernfan wrote:Any US residents try and watch this on GOLTV? I tried to DVR it but since they cant get their settings right I missed it. First Bayern game I have missed in 4 years. The reply supposedly showing now is an infomercial. Anyone have a good international website that streams and allows replays for the Bundesliga? GolTV I fear is nearly dead and has given up even trying to be a proper network in the US.


Replays: livefootballvideo.com
Stream: p2p4u.net

It's not the best, but it works. I finally have golTV, but I shouldn't have bothered. Can't see anything since it's not HD, and my service provider ranks worst in the country :(
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3977
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2299 times
Been thanked: 1854 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby Calibayernfan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:02 pm

pyrasur wrote:
Calibayernfan wrote:Any US residents try and watch this on GOLTV? I tried to DVR it but since they cant get their settings right I missed it. First Bayern game I have missed in 4 years. The reply supposedly showing now is an infomercial. Anyone have a good international website that streams and allows replays for the Bundesliga? GolTV I fear is nearly dead and has given up even trying to be a proper network in the US.


Replays: livefootballvideo.com
Stream: p2p4u.net

It's not the best, but it works. I finally have golTV, but I shouldn't have bothered. Can't see anything since it's not HD, and my service provider ranks worst in the country :(


Thanks. Yeah I went from U-Verse which is great to being forced into Time Warner as a group buy. U-verse was epic but Time Warner is painful but at least it has nearly everything in 720p.
Calibayernfan
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:22 pm

Matchhighlight.com.. You can watch the highlights but also full matches
Ottomeister13

 

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Calibayernfan wrote:
pyrasur wrote:
Calibayernfan wrote:Any US residents try and watch this on GOLTV? I tried to DVR it but since they cant get their settings right I missed it. First Bayern game I have missed in 4 years. The reply supposedly showing now is an infomercial. Anyone have a good international website that streams and allows replays for the Bundesliga? GolTV I fear is nearly dead and has given up even trying to be a proper network in the US.


Replays: livefootballvideo.com
Stream: p2p4u.net

It's not the best, but it works. I finally have golTV, but I shouldn't have bothered. Can't see anything since it's not HD, and my service provider ranks worst in the country :(


Thanks. Yeah I went from U-Verse which is great to being forced into Time Warner as a group buy. U-verse was epic but Time Warner is painful but at least it has nearly everything in 720p.


I switched from DirecTv to Verizon FiOS when DirecTv dropped GolTv, but then FiOs did the same, only having it in Spanish and only in SD. I've written the Bundesliga a few times begging for them to dump GolTv, but my words obviously have fallen on deaf ears. We need more Americans to complain so maybe the Bundesliga will use a better provider, perhaps Fox or at least BeIn.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
User avatar
nur4bayern
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 5:48 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 65 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:42 pm

nur4bayern wrote:
I switched from DirecTv to Verizon FiOS when DirecTv dropped GolTv, but then FiOs did the same, only having it in Spanish and only in SD. I've written the Bundesliga a few times begging for them to dump GolTv, but my words obviously have fallen on deaf ears. We need more Americans to complain so maybe the Bundesliga will use a better provider, perhaps Fox or at least BeIn.

Fox are getting the BuLi viewing rights next season or the one after so its pointless now, it will become a lot easier to watch BuLi games then without having GolTV.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 14030
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4668 times
Been thanked: 2974 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:21 pm

quaazi wrote:Shaqiri - What the hell happened, Kraftwürfel!? Right now you're going to find yourself behind the pecking order so, so far - Lewa, Pizza, Müller, Robben, Ribery, Green, Götze all deserve game time more than you. No bite at all anymore. Usually a young raw talent by his third season at a club is ready to explode unto the scene, but Shaq is actually regressing it seems. This has become the point when promising talents are usually written off. A loan deal might do wonders for him, but who knows what will happen in his Bayern career anymore.


Indeed, Götze performed much better yesterday.
It's strange how they both look good in terms of technique and pace (especially Shaqiri) yet they completely fail to have any impact on most games.
Shaq just seems to lack intelligence in general...I doubt he's going to get much better even if you can't really argue he has amazing technique.

Saying even Green deserves more playtime is a little harsh though...

quaazi wrote:Dante - Oh how time makes a fool of us all. Expect Dante to be our fourth-choice centerback soon. Unfortunately the fears about him are true - he's only world class in a structured defensive system a la Heynckes or Favre. Fitting into the fluid modern gameplan of Pep's is seemingly too much of an ask for him. At this point I'd rather have van Buyten called out of his retirement-like status to be that central sweeping defender, because Dante is just not up to scratch anymore. For his own sake I hope he spends a lot of time on the bench to leave us with the good memories.


Again, extremely harsh and uncalled for. Last time DVB was any good was with the best defensive midfield in the world. As it is we barely have a defensive midfield now...no defender will be able to deal with pacey attackers like this. I don't think Dante was even that bad yesterday.


Over all yesterday was more positive for me than negative. It's good to see us play some on the counter as well, and not the usual possession game. Bernat, Gaudino and Rode were all impressive so that's a good sign.
It's a little worrying we got tired around 70 minutes in though.
User avatar
envagyokazapad
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 am
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 470 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby tflags » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Fox are getting the BuLi viewing rights next season or the one after so its pointless now, it will become a lot easier to watch BuLi games then without having GolTV.


Fox's got the rights in 2015. They created the Bundesliga, it was only fair they carried its rights in the very important markets.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8950
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 811 times
Been thanked: 2843 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests