You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
87%
It will end in a draw
6%
VfL Wolfsburg will win
6%

Total votes : 31

Re: [2014-08-22] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:31 pm

I hope we keep the 4-2-3-1 because I've been unimpressed by the 3-4-3 so far. However, I might be proven wrong eventually.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:31 pm

When we win 1 game he adapted, when we lose 1 he didn't adapt. Same story every time.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Badger » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:34 pm

Well, the most exciting aspect of that game was the fact that it’s back: the Bundesliga is here again, and will be for the next nine months. It wasn’t a bad game. Bayern looked like the dominant force that they used to be, for a while either side of half time. Some players shone too. And Bayern won. (It wouldn’t do to forget that.)

They did do a bit of hanging on at times, though, and the fact that Wolfsburg are a fairly good squad didn’t totally explain or excuse Bayern’s decline in the second half. So what went wrong? I think that a lot of it related to 3 players – Alaba, Lahm and Dante. Let’s look at them in turn. (Ratings out of 10 in brackets.)
Alaba (6): Alaba looked as if he could fill a role in defensive midfield now that Kroos is gone. He was all over the pitch, keeping things dynamic and contributing a lot. That was also part of the problem when Wolfsburg were in possession. At those times, a quieter, more solid game may have served well, instead of taking on too much. I don’t think he picked up enough about Wolfsburg changed their substitutes and tactics in the second half. His wasn’t a big problem – just needs some fine tuning.
Lahm (6): Going forward Lahm played very well, and in defence he made some good tackles, but he left too much space for the Wolfsburg wingers in the second half, and it let them create several attacking threats. Again, his wasn’t a big problem, but I do feel that he doesn’t immediately become the best RB in the world again when he’s swapped back to that position. He needs to work himself back up over several matches.
Dante (4): Dante worries me. He is a shadow of the player he was two years ago, and now represents a weakness in the back line. He farted about in possession so many times and had to then turn and pass back from a good position to Neuer, because he’d let Wolfsburg create unnecessary pressure. He made a few good clearances, but was lacking in concentration and ideas all too often.

As for the other players:
Neuer (6): He had a n off night, but it probably had no bearing on the final score.
Badstuber (7): Badstuber seems to be improving with every game. He won nearly every arial challenge, and his passes had the pinpoint accuracy that we saw from Kroos last season. I can hardly fault him too much for Olic’s goal – it really was something out of nothing.
Bernat (7.5): He had possibly his best game yet for Bayern, combining well in attack and nullifying most of the Wolfsburg threat on his wing by staying a lot closer to the winger than Lahm did to his. I think he’s breaking through and will be a very good signing in the end.
Gaudino (7.5): I think that is a fair rating and not influenced simply because he is young. He wasn’t out of place on the pitch. He positioned himself well, was almost never dispossessed and distributed the ball well – sometimes even quite creatively. He didn’t try too much fancy stuff and played a safe, solid game. Wolfsburg attached from the wings; they didn’t achieve much through the centre.He mainly needs to tackle a bit more.
Goetze (6.5): Another relatively quiet game – especially at the game progressed.
Mueller (8): Inventive, attaching from everywhere and a constant threat.
Robben (8.5) MotM: Ran the Wolfsburg defence ragged at times. Scored one and assisted for another. Back on form, even if he’s supposedly not 100% fit.
Lewandowski (7): Hadn’t a bad game, and didn’t miss any real sitters, but it wasn’t entirely his night. The goalkeeper foiled his attempts several times.

Subs:
Rode (7.5): Really does offer energy and aggression in defensive midfield. He’ll really challenge for a place in the starting lineup this season. And he does make me feel that we don’t really need Khedira.
Shaqiri (6.5): Not much more effective than Goetze.
Hojbjerg (-): (Too little involvement to assess.)
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Why is it that only Neuer noticed that Olic controlled the ball with his hand ? Nobody else protested. From the replay, the referee had a clear view of Olic.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:38 pm

JANCKER wrote:When we win 1 game he adapted, when we lose 1 he didn't adapt. Same story every time.

Just for the record, I am one of Pep's biggest fans around here. I was just pointing out the fact that he did actually change his tactics to suit the players more than he usually does.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Borusse » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Deserved win by Bayern. Still annoyed with that miss from Malanda though. :D
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:44 pm

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby E.Nygma » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:44 pm

any full highlights? id like to see the robben crossbar and mangala miss again? thanks
E.Nygma
Getting the hang of it

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Borusse wrote:Deserved win by Bayern. Still annoyed with that miss from Malanda though. :D

Miss of the season for sure
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Grimnir » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:46 pm

MoFattal wrote:One has to mention the directness of our game tonight. Pep deserves some credit for changing his tactics and "adapting to his players".

I have to agree. And I am the opposite of a Guardiola fan. I haven't been fond of him thus far, but I have to say that our pre-season tactics were much closer to coming together more in this match. It's almost better that Guardiola "thinks" that he is "limited" with the present injuries (I personally don't think he is, we have some really exciting talents now like Rode, Gaudino and Höjbjerg), because I enjoy how we play with these players and watching them. At the very least I'm enjoying our style of play 100% more than last season.

And since I mentioned Höjbjerg, anyone know what has been up with him lately? He didn't train before the Münster game and has been on the bench the last two matches despite that he was playing very well previous. I wonder if he's sick, slight injury or maybe lingering personal issues to do with his dad's passing/family? Not that I'm complaining about having Gaudino there, though, really love his talent as well.
Last edited by Grimnir on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby JANCKER » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:47 pm

MoFattal wrote:
JANCKER wrote:When we win 1 game he adapted, when we lose 1 he didn't adapt. Same story every time.

Just for the record, I am one of Pep's biggest fans around here. I was just pointing out the fact that he did actually change his tactics to suit the players more than he usually does.

You can tell that to some people here, it's like you never said it. Pep is Spain's spy in Munich with a mission to ruin Jupp's project. :twisted: The post wasn't directed to you.

If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MoFattal » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:50 pm

All is good then :)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby runaway » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:12 pm

It's all good to see this more direct play but the lack of command in midfield is a bit of a worry. Maybe it's too early and Gaudino and Alaba is still adjusting but I hope we stabilize that midfield. We had to back pass to often with Dante and Badstuber often opting to pass to Neuer because they don't have any option. Or maybe it's part of the tactic to prevent teams sitting back. Lull them to back passes then Kamikaze their asses... we'll see. :wink:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Der Bomber » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:56 pm

In other news, Mandzukic beats Kroos's ass for the first of (hopefully) many cups he will not win with Madrid. :twisted:
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:15 am

om2r wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we were playing bad especially in the second half?

I felt the same way about the beginning of the first half and the second. Im assuming it took a while for the team to hit top gear.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga