You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-09-02] Bayern Munich vs VfB Stuttgart

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
97%
It will end in a draw
3%
VfB Stuttgart will win
No votes

Total votes : 29

Re: [2012-09-02] Bayern Munich vs VfB Stuttgart

Postby Commodore » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:32 am

Guys, no hating on Ivica Olic please, thanks. The guy may not be the most gifted technical striker but whenever he played he gave it his all. He ran like a horse for 90 minutes and longer if necessary, and without him we wouldn't have beaten United in 2010. Everyone always seems to only remember that stunning goal by Robben in the second leg, but it was Olic who put the effort in for the groundwork in the first as well as the second leg.

"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:41 am

walter wrote:Kroos, Schweini, Gustavo and Muller were world class today! the rest played well too, but those four players merit special recognition.

Interesting is that those 4 are the players in danger of losing the starting spot with Martinez arrival :P (probably with the exception of Schweini).
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:43 am

Commodore wrote:Guys, no hating on Ivica Olic please, thanks. The guy may not be the most gifted technical striker but whenever he played he gave it his all. He ran like a horse for 90 minutes and longer if necessary, and without him we wouldn't have beaten United in 2010. Everyone always seems to only remember that stunning goal by Robben in the second leg, but it was Olic who put the effort in for the groundwork in the first as well as the second leg.

Totally agree. He was not the same after his severe injury after that year, but his first year with us was outstanding.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Paddy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:31 am

walter wrote:Kroos, Schweini, Gustavo and Muller were world class today! the rest played well too, but those four players merit special recognition.

Interesting is that those 4 are the players in danger of losing the starting spot with Martinez arrival :P (probably with the exception of Schweini).

The most likely being Gustavo.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:52 am

For all of those in the UK and got the day off work (like me :D ), ESPN are showing the game "as live" today at 1.30pm BST!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby silberkreuz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Great display of football, even if it was for only 20 minutes.
Also, I'm thrilled to see Mueller getting back to form!
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby lau03143 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Just watching the game for the first time.

18mins in and the pitch is cutting up really bad! And there looks like tracks over the East side of the pitch possibly from Stuttgart warm-up.

Does anyone know what the weather's been like in Munich recently?
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby BayernLove » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:56 pm

He is! He is a very good technical striker! He just relies a lot on speed and dribbling and overall being a demon to the defense. But what he loses in pace and technical ability over the years, he makes up for in sheer hard work and workrate and stamina, the size of the man's lungs is just fascinating. Shame he had to go but now we have Dilkos and Pizza - quite an upgrade from Peter-slip and Olić in my eyes.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AvatarX » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:59 pm

lau03143 wrote:Just watching the game for the first time.

18mins in and the pitch is cutting up really bad! And there looks like tracks over the East side of the pitch possibly from Stuttgart warm-up.

Does anyone know what the weather's been like in Munich recently?

I heard that there was heavy rain these days.

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:12 pm

AvatarX wrote:I heard that there was heavy rain these days.

Yes according to the first post it is mostly cloudy today.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:33 pm

What a first 6 minutes of the second half!!!
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby SouthernStar » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Commodore wrote:Guys, no hating on Ivica Olic please, thanks. The guy may not be the most gifted technical striker but whenever he played he gave it his all. He ran like a horse for 90 minutes and longer if necessary, and without him we wouldn't have beaten United in 2010. Everyone always seems to only remember that stunning goal by Robben in the second leg, but it was Olic who put the effort in for the groundwork in the first as well as the second leg.

Whoa whoa chill, note the smiley -> :mrgreen: ... It was meant to be a playful comment, take its level of seriousness like those posts of Javi's parents doing the talk for him to move :wink:

I adore Olic actually and I definitely did not forget that he was our top goalscorer for the CL during 2009-2010. Hardworking players (who didn't get their names on the scoresheet) unfortunately didn't get enough recognition. It was also a huge factor about Muller's critics from last season (another player that come to my mind is Kuyt for Liverpool but don't start debate about him here), who were often the unsong hero of the game. As for Olic, it's really unfortunate that his injury disrupts his playing time (which is like... a long one before the season started, scored a goal against HSV and then got injured again... and then he got injured again before EURO 2012). Scored 2 good goals against Marseille but at that point of time, he just can't displace Gomez anymore. Poor Petersen was just not given enough playing time and experience.

The debate is whether they are preferable compared to Mandzukic or Pizarro. (Both Olic and Petersen seem to be doing pretty well in their new clubs at the moment too).
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Cathe » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Just finished watching the match on ESPN :D (avoiding the internet from 4pm yesterday was actually easier than I thought. So I had a nice surprise with the result wahey!)

Great to see Martinez even for just 15 minutes.

I was getting a bit worried during the first half, especially after Stuttgart scored, because we needed at least a draw to make sure we didn't drop below Dortmund. But we got the win! When Dortmund drew! Yay! Let's hope this is just the start of us beating them all over the place this season 8)
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby Paddy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:41 pm

I think Dortmund might struggle again early because they have to juggle 3 competitions and they have a group of death on their hands. I don't think they have bench long enough to play on the high level required both in CL and Bundesliga. Hopefully they can suprise and advance in the CL though.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IdealGas » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:21 pm

lau03143 wrote:What a first 6 minutes of the second half!!!

I kept replaying this part over and over again. Really fun to watch! Stuttgart looked so lost, didn't know what hit them. While Bayern players were totally just toying with them... :D
"Meine Kraft liegt in Jesus!" -da27
IdealGas
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga