You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-09-02] Bayern Munich vs VfB Stuttgart

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
97%
It will end in a draw
3%
VfB Stuttgart will win
No votes

Total votes : 29

Re: [2012-09-02] Bayern Munich vs VfB Stuttgart

Postby Commodore » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Yes, we do. Schweinsteiger got his collarbone broken and we had a shitty bench.

I'm very confident when thinking about this season. We start the season with top performers injured (Gómez, Alaba) and yet we still deliver.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:40 pm

The great thing we have now is competition among our players. Gustavo already started upgrading his game to prove his worth, Muller/Kroos getting back to top form, Mandzukic continuing his scoring run, Dante having a strong claim for a starting role, Basti getting back in shape, etc. Now every player knows there is an alternative, so they all have to step it up to secure their places. If only Shaqiri had a couple more minutes today though. He should have entered on 60 minutes, given that we were already leading 6-1.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby samaj » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:04 pm

any download links ?
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BMpenang » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:00 pm

What a performance from my beloved club...Simply stunning!!!!!!!!
BMpenang
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Element » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:07 pm

6 goals in 19 minutes
3 goals in 5 minutes
First 2 goals in 1 minute

No comment seriously
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby walter » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Kroos, Schweini, Gustavo and Muller were world class today! the rest played well too, but those four players merit special recognition.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby smaw2010 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:16 am

Gustavo scored a great goal, i have never seen him shoot like that before.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:22 am

samaj wrote:any download links ?

i am sure our warez-master Raghu will upload it soon;)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:34 am

smaw2010 wrote:Gustavo scored a great goal, i have never seen him shoot like that before.

He scored some good goals with Hoffenheim and he was unlucky not to score some good shots with us before. I remember some good long shots from him
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:42 am

I hve seen Gustavo take a lot of failed attempt at long shots but this one gave me some confidence in him especially since it was on his weaker foot(right) and i heard this was his first goal in a year i hope he can get more
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby thebigbug » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:50 am

Yeah, Gustavo isn't exactly known for his long shots. Funnily enough, the rest of our midfield have sick long shots. Especially Tymoshchuk! Hard to keep your eye on the ball when he smashes it but unlucky for him it somehow always hits the keeper :(
thebigbug
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:03 am

I thought it was about time Kroos showed us his shooting skills, most of the time they are way off target.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby RAGHU » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:11 am

sch0ll7 wrote:samaj wrote:
any download links ?

i am sure our warez-master Raghu will upload it soon;)

download link : match-downloads-f14/bayern-munich-vs-vfb-stuttgart-t8693.html
RAGHU
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bazi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:25 am

For those who didn't see the game here's my personal view on how our players did:

Manuel Neuer: Started off with a fantastic safe against Harnik in the 4th minute, seemed pretty surprised by the Austrians volley in the 21st minute and was a little shaky when challenged in midair inside the penalty box later in the second half

Philipp Lahm: Good effort early on in the game. Would like to see him cross earlier when someone plays him into position with a low pass. Don't quite understand why he always needs a first touch before crossing but whatever. Good game.

Jérome Boateng: Was very solid defensively with a clean buildup but was pretty surprised when Dante made that mistake early in the 4th minute which lead to Harniks chance. No mistake by any means but it's obvious that they haven't played much together. Didn't quite understand why he was booked when Ibisevic went haywire.

Dante: As mentioned he didn't look that good in this one situation but afterwards he was very solid, his vertical passing was very sharp and precise this time. Couldn't say which would be my starting central defense once Alaba is back in play. All three players look so damn close in terms of quality.

Holger Badstuber: For being a CB he made a damn fine game as a LB. Made a lot of runs down the line, combined well with Ribéry and had no problems with Harnik in the defense. However there was a moment in the ~83th minute when one of our cm's, I don't recall who, wanted to send him down the left flank which would've forced him into a contested 25m sprint, after 5 meters Badstuber stopped, turned around and gave the best of looks "Dude! What the f*ck is wrong with you?". I thought it was hilarious.

Bastian Schweinsteiger: I was a little worried when I saw him in the starting lineup but also interested in how he'd handle the situation. He did very well. Our passing circulation was excellent, it was thanks to Schweinsteiger that we outplayed Stuttgarts central midfield from kickoff and he even showed some classy combination play leading up to his 5:1 header. More of this please.

Luíz Gustavo: Should he continue to play like this Jupp Heynckes will have a pretty hard time to decide who to line up in the central midfield that's fore sure but though Gustavo made an excellent game on both ends he won't turn into another player over night. The competition however seems to bear fruit early in the season. Haven't seen the Brazilian this fired up in a league game for a long time.

Franck Ribéry: It was an "okay" match for the Frenchman. He can certainly do better but he didn't seem quite match fit and as he had some pretty good scenes there'll be no complaining from my side. Just happy to see him play, as always.

Thomas Müller: Right from the bat he put a lot of effort into his game but to say it mildly he had little luck early in the game. Imprecise low crosses, a flawed setup for Toni Kroos outside the penalty box, lost Harnik before the 1:0... I thought he'd have one of these lousy days we've seen of him sometimes last year. The rest of the story is known, he scored two goals, made an assist and was very effective.

Toni Kroos: He got off with a mediocre start but got better by the minute. At times he dominated the Stuttgart midfield as he wished, scored a beautiful goal, setup 2 preassists, took part in some beautiful combinations, both in total and relative numbers did he win the most challenges and was second in ran kilometers (11,2km). Effective, excellent work rate, great combinations and vision. What do you want more of a #10?

Mario Mandzukic: Assisted Müller beautifully for the 1:0 with a curved back cross from the right wing, was well integrated in the combination play, scored his goal and worked hard for the team. He's doing well.

Subs:

Claudio Pizarro: By the time he was subbed in we didn't really play with a lot of effort anymore and Stuttgart was standing there with 10 men around the penalty box so Pizarro didn't have a lot of scenes

Xherdan Shaqiri: The same thing is true for the Swiss international. However I really like his corners, they come into the penalty box with the right height and pace to be really dangerous.

Javier Martínez: Obviously 15 minutes is by no means enough to judge all the qualities of a player but what you could see right from the beginning is this incredible quality on the ball. As every Spanish top player his handling of the ball is gold for the eyes, his low pass is precise, sharp and technically adequate, with his first touch he found Müller with a Beckenbauernesque 40m ball ( see what I did there? ) and contested combination play seems to be no problem for him at all. A lot remains to be seen, especially how he'll do defensively but I didn't think that he'd make such a good impression on the ball. It's really good.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby SouthernStar » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:25 am

AssemFCB wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:If we had Gomez, Alaba and Robben out last season I would be really scared to look at our bench :oops:

Why would you be scared? :mrgreen:

Haha poor Pranjic, on an unrelated note, he played a full 90 mins with Lisbon for their 5-0 win against AC Horsens.

You guys are forgetting: Gomez out-> Olic and Petersen :mrgreen:

I'm so happy to see Muller getting back to his form again, his never-give-up attitude is what we need in the team.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga