You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-10-06] Bayern Munich vs TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
89%
It will end in a draw
5%
TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
5%

Total votes : 19

Re: [2012-10-06] Bayern Munich vs TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

Postby lau03143 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:55 pm

quaazi wrote:If you're going for a cross, you hear something said in a foreign language. Might it be your teammate right behind you who has a perfect shooting opportunity and you're just going to muck it all up with a subpar touch? Or when you're in possession, you hear something said behind you. Might be calling for a pass, might be an opponent, might be a teammate warning about an opponent. Short of actually looking behind you and with a lack of passing opportunities before you, the safest option one can pick is to try to dribble.

Add to that a general lack of understanding with your teammates because you have no idea what they're saying in training. If you can't speak the language, it's like playing at half fitness, because you can't participate in training properly and you have to take that extra second during games to think about what your decision is going to be.

All I'm saying is that you severely underestimate the importance of speech in football.

That doesn't wash with me... He's been in Germany for over a month now. Training every day with these players. He should know by now the basics. Pass, leave, man on etc etc. And he should be getting German lessons.

The basic of vocabulary that you need for football is basic, and should be instinctive.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:29 pm

give him a rest. the guy is strong and will have time to prove his worth. I would rather prefer to see him underperform in the matches we dominate and win, rather than in matches we should definitely win like in CL, where a won tackle can make the difference. You choose. And by the way, he is a CDM. this is where he should play, no experiments. period.
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:39 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:42 pm

FCB&Paulaner wrote:give him a rest. the guy is strong and will have time to prove his worth. I would rather prefer to see him underperform in the matches we dominate and win, rather than in matches we should definitely win like in CL, where a won tackle can make the difference. You choose. And by the way, he is a CDM. this is where he should play, no experiments. period.

Bayern Munich and most of us were expeceting him to be able to take Schwein's mantle if he is not playing. If Bayern thought they were paying €40m for just a CDM then they would have gotten a much cheaper option. Martinez was bought because everyone at Bayern thought he would one day replace Schwein and be the driving force in the midfield not a Gustavo 2.0 :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
FCB&Paulaner wrote:give him a rest. the guy is strong and will have time to prove his worth. I would rather prefer to see him underperform in the matches we dominate and win, rather than in matches we should definitely win like in CL, where a won tackle can make the difference. You choose. And by the way, he is a CDM. this is where he should play, no experiments. period.

Bayern Munich and most of us were expeceting him to be able to take Schwein's mantle if he is not playing. If Bayern thought they were paying €40m for just a CDM then they would have gotten a much cheaper option. Martinez was bought because everyone at Bayern thought he would one day replace Schwein and be the driving force in the midfield not a Gustavo 2.0 :P

I have never seen such a statement. I don't agree with you, he complements Schweini not replace him. Schweini is a different type of player, totally different and unique. and yes Martinez is a CDM, and bought to be a CDM not a Schweini, Messi or I don't know what. was he overpriced? hell yes! but this was his buyout clause not his market price. Buying him Bayern made a point, that whenever they want someone they just get him. period. He is supposed to close the holes of the back four and not do any magics on the field. If the price suggests smth different, well that is aalll wrong....
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:09 pm

come on guys...

He had no real preperation with the team...he had no time to adjust to our playing style.

If Gustavo [who has 2x less skillz on the ball] is pretty good on the ball....so will be Martinez. He just needs time to gel into our tactics. He needs to learn how to position himself and when and where to pass when he has the ball. He needs time for that.

I bet you will be praising him before the winter break:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Jorge » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:10 am

sch0ll7 wrote:come on guys...
He needs to learn how to position himself and when and where to pass when he has the ball. He needs time for that.

Are you talking about Javi Martinez or Adreas Ottl ?. :oops:
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:19 am

Missed the game yesterday, glad to see that we won. I kind of expected us to win by more but a win is a win. Quick thinking by Kroos to lay the ball off to Ribéry for the second goal, some would have tried to shoot again.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:42 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:11 am

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:

If that's true Bayern need to get their shit together. A #6 to fill the shoes of a #8? Bah! He's supposed to be a CDM/CB, not the CM (rotation/emergency CAM) that Schweini is!
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Element » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:28 pm

Actually the whole point of signing a new Central midfield is to find a solution to the following point
"without schweinsteiger ,the midfielder is useless ,so we need to find a cm replacement when Schweinsteiger is injured"
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:38 pm

I just watched the game and I have to admit that I do not understand Martinez's criticism. He was helping out the defence a lot. A bit annoyed that he didn't score though. I was excited about his headers when we bought him. He'll have plenty of time to score though.

I think that as mentioned, many of us expected him to help out more in offense. If you are judging him by this criteria, then he did not do well. I have to admit that from what he has shown so far, I am also worried that:
Element wrote:without schweinsteiger ,the midfielder is useless
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:27 am

Saying that Martinez is lazy is like saying that Gomez is a weak guy

I think that we will see the best from him after the winter break not just because of the language barrier but also because he will have a good rest. He played way too much games last season and after that went to the Euro and the Olympic games plus he didn't have the preseason with the team. As every Athletic player with Bielsa last season his workrate was really high and he played almost every game in La Liga + Copa del Rey + Europa League and they reached the final in those competitions

In the winter break he will have rest + training camp with the team so he will be fresh and fully adapted.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby AvatarX » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:59 am

Element wrote:Martinez is a unique player as he has the body/physique of Germans but technique of Spanish players

This.

I think it's too harsh to go against him so early. He needs some time to adapt (I don't think that language is the main problem, but different playing style surely is). He had an off game, but hey, even Schweini sometimes had one.

Just give him time to prove himself. He has the abilities to be what we needed in midfield for quite a while.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga