You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-03-10] Bayern Munich vs TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
85%
It will end in a draw
No votes
TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
15%

Total votes : 13

Re: [2012-03-10] Bayern Munich vs TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:20 am

chardos wrote:On another note, Alaba at left back? He played well, but why play him out of position when you have Diego "THE FUTURE" Contento supposedly back fit again?

I think he played very well. I'd keep him in there for now. Even Lahm looked much better
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:40 am

Careful with Alaba's performances, lads. Remember how he played great in his first outing as CM after Schweini's injury? And was awful at the very next away game? Let's just see how it goes with him...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:50 am

quaazi wrote:Careful with Alaba's performances, lads. Remember how he played great in his first outing as CM after Schweini's injury? And was awful at the very next away game? Let's just see how it goes with him...

I second this. The whole team played well, so it was easy for him to look good. It would have been a very different story if we had deservedly lost the match and he had had a good match despite that. Either way, Rafinha should recover in time for Tuesday's crunch match, and Alaba will probably return to the bench.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:54 am

quaazi wrote:Careful with Alaba's performances, lads. Remember how he played great in his first outing as CM after Schweini's injury? And was awful at the very next away game? Let's just see how it goes with him...

True but I think it's worth it giving him a chance. Maybe not against Basel though..

I have faith in Rafinha but he has been very average lately and even Lahm has not been impressing. This is why I think it's a good idea to try it out
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Alaba's performances in defensive positions? I am beginning to like them, not only based on yesterday's performance which is a bit of heads up for the entire team. Everyone did fine yesterday 'cause we played a weak opponent. Though last time we stomped 7 something on a team we gave City a run for their money at home; we can't be all that bad facing Basel.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MoFattal » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:40 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

True but I think it's worth it giving him a chance. Maybe not against Basel though..

I have faith in Rafinha but he has been very average lately and even Lahm has not been impressing. This is why I think it's a good idea to try it out

Happy Birthday!

I'd vote for Alaba on LB for the "Big" game. Granted, he was not put under much pressure yesterday, but he successfully managed whatever he faced. It is also not like that Basel will go all rioting agaisnt us during the game. One has to look at his offensive display. The way he linked with Ribery was simply amazing, and with Lahm on RB, we now simply have TWO worldclass wings, not one overshadowing the other. Plus, his ability to keep the ball at his feet and dribble past a defender perfectly suits our "need-to-score-goals" tactic.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Alaba seems to be Ribery's understudy anyway, so they do have some chemistry between them, true. That's one solid argument for the "Alaba as LB" camp.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby dambun » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Apart from Alaba's performance... there was something else positive about yesterday's game.... A right-footed (Lahm) at RB and a Left footed (Alaba) at LB showed its positive sides yesterday... Given the fact Our LAM is right-footed and our RAM is Left footed... I think it's best that we use yesterday's formation more... I know this sounds like LvG :lol: :lol: ... But the man was full of bright ideas, and this one was one of the good ones IMO...

So I believe we should continue using Alaba at LB and Lahm at RB... But not necessarily in the Basel game, which is damn too important to take risks in....

Interestingly, "Alaba is a natural LB" was another of LvG's ideas... It failed back then... But I think it'll succeed this time...

---
As for Alaba's performance, We have to consider that he was not tested defensively... but he performed well in attacks...
In defense, I saw a few moments when I thought he is giving the opponents too much space... which is the way a midfielder might defend, not a LB... But he is new to the position, and this things might become right if he continues there as LB...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:42 pm

dambun wrote:I know this sounds like LvG

Everything sounds like LVG these days... all the ideas we dismissed (Alaba at LB, Kroos at CM...) look sensible now. I think he just wasn't the right man to make it work and he had a lot of problems in the dressing room, but his ideas themselves were good

Of course the fact that Heynckes knows about the defensive part of the game also makes a difference
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:01 pm

dambun wrote:Apart from Alaba's performance... there was something else positive about yesterday's game.... A right-footed (Lahm) at RB and a Left footed (Alaba) at LB showed its positive sides yesterday... Given the fact Our LAM is right-footed and our RAM is Left footed... I think it's best that we use yesterday's formation more... I know this sounds like LvG :lol: :lol: ... But the man was full of bright ideas, and this one was one of the good ones IMO...

So I believe we should continue using Alaba at LB and Lahm at RB... But not necessarily in the Basel game, which is damn too important to take risks in....

Interestingly, "Alaba is a natural LB" was another of LvG's ideas... It failed back then... But I think it'll succeed this time...

---
As for Alaba's performance, We have to consider that he was not tested defensively... but he performed well in attacks...
In defense, I saw a few moments when I thought he is giving the opponents too much space... which is the way a midfielder might defend, not a LB... But he is new to the position, and this things might become right if he continues there as LB...

If you have a winger who cuts inside it's only logical to have a fullback on his natural side to exploit the space created by the winger moving in.

Yesterday was a brilliant example of it.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby hgb09 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Check this!!! LMAO
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby lau03143 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:10 pm

hgb09 wrote:Check this!!! LMAO

Quality! :grin:
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Previous

Return to Bundesliga