You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-01-19] Bayern Munich vs SpVgg Greuther Fürth

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
96%
It will end in a draw
No votes
SpVgg Greuther Fürth will win
4%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2013-01-19] Bayern Munich vs SpVgg Greuther Fürth

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:12 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:37 pm

I'm not surprised by how Bayern played today. It's never easy to come back after the winter break.
Quite frankly, I would have preferred them play a top team instead of a bottom dweller, as it might have pushed them into high gear instead of just cruising to a win. I guess we'll see if that changes in the next match against Stuttgart. Still, three points earned and deserved.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:42 pm

nur4bayern wrote:I'm not surprised by how Bayern played today. It's never easy to come back after the winter break.
Quite frankly, I would have preferred them play a top team instead of a bottom dweller, as it might have pushed them into high gear instead of just cruising to a win. I guess we'll see if that changes in the next match against Stuttgart. Still, three points earned and deserved.

We played Mönchengladbach last season after the break and it started us off badly and ruined our season.

I'm glad we had an easier team, to get a win which we can maintain momentum for the rest of the rückrunde
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby michel » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:49 pm

It was not the most inspiring performance but FC Bayern resumed its Bundesliga campaign with a 2:0 win against Greuther Fürth, a side that was not intending to play football today. Read more in my match commentary.
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:05 pm

lau03143 wrote:
nur4bayern wrote:I'm not surprised by how Bayern played today. It's never easy to come back after the winter break.

We played Mönchengladbach last season after the break and it started us off badly and ruined our season.

I'm glad we had an easier team, to get a win which we can maintain momentum for the rest of the rückrunde

I hope you're right about momentum, since we have a few fairly easy matches upcoming in the BL (Stuttgart, Mainz) but then we have Schalke and have to start thinking about Arsenal in the CL, with those two matches sandwiched with Dortmund in the Pokal.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:17 pm

nur4bayern wrote:fairly easy matches upcoming in the BL (Stuttgart, Mainz

Mainz probably won't be easy.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
nur4bayern wrote:fairly easy matches upcoming in the BL (Stuttgart, Mainz

Mainz probably won't be easy.

That's why I said "fairly easy". There are no easy matches at this level, but I'd rather play Mainz right now than Leverkusen or Dortmund. Just saying...
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:31 pm

That's really sad. They should do something about it.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby StrikingMidfield » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Well, that was semi underwhelming. I was expecting a much bigger win than what we managed, but I'll take the 3 points. That's the important thing, we came off a winter break and managed 3, and even though it was a pretty disappointing performance, the 3 points were managed comfortably. Muller, I hate to say it, had a really poor game for someone with his standards. All I can hope for right now is that he bounces back and regains form. Mandzukic was great, and I know you can blame that horrendous keeping, but I'm sure he doesn't care and hopefully it'll give him a nice confidence boost.
StrikingMidfield
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Müller and Lahm were both really poor, I blame that whole Ribery issue that I brought up earlier during half-time. Jupp screwed about with the chemistry and it didn't help this time (because I doubt Ribery decided to act on his own just because).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:34 pm

quaazi wrote:Müller and Lahm were both really poor, I blame that whole Ribery issue that I brought up earlier during half-time. Jupp screwed about with the chemistry and it didn't help this time (because I doubt Ribery decided to act on his own just because).

What Ribery issue :?:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Him moving to the right wing on way too many occasions.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:58 pm

BTW congratulations to the team for scoring from a corner kick even though they scored only 1 from 17. :) And why did Martinez get booked ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Robb3449 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Certainly not an awe-inspiring performance but, 3 points will certainly suffice. Damn winter break "rust!" Very encouraging and important for Mandzukic to score. I won't say his confidence was gone but I feel that strikers can't go too long without finding the back of the net to keep them reassured. And Robben made a move to the right! It happens so rarely I thought it should be pointed out.
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:19 pm

MaCk0y wrote:BTW congratulations to the team for scoring from a corner kick even though they scored only 1 from 17. :) And why did Martinez get booked ?

Well, it's definitely an improvement from 0 out of 20 ;)
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Previous

Return to Bundesliga