You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-09-23] Bayern Munich vs SC Paderborn

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
83%
It will end in a draw
13%
SC Paderborn 07 will win
4%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2014-09-23] Bayern Munich vs SC Paderborn

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:06 am

endrity wrote:There are some that might think this is an extremely biased opinion, but Lahm might be the best fullback I have seen in the last 20-25 years, if not the best ever. He was not the athlete that Cafu or Maldini were, but those guys are not close to having the skill and intelligence that Lahm has on the pitch. After we beat Arsenal 1-3 in 2013, there were some fans of theirs that were saying Lahm was probably the best opposition player to have played at the Emirates - that's how good and peerless he is at RB. So finding anyone close to his level will be an almost impossible challenge I think.

In my opinion, as far as German players go, Lahm deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Beckenbauer. If we had 11 players on the team who were able to perform so well in their role as Lahm does in his, we'd have won the treble some 10 consecutive seasons.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MatZam » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:07 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MatZam wrote:
pyrasur wrote:From what I saw he was decent there but not yet Philipp Lahm's level.

Very few people are. We may have to wait a long time before we have a fullback of that quality again.

Very few??? Who is at Lahm's level? No one!

I meant that there are very few people overall that are as good at Lahm in any position on the pitch. To find one playing fullback (which is generally the most unattractive/underrated/despised position in football) is extremely difficult, and at the current point in time there is no football player better in that position.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Yeah i know, it keeps those clubs like Real, Barca etc away. But even if they were interested, they get a no in 99,9% of the cases anyway :D But i just miss the recognition for a lot of our players they deserve 100%.. 3 times CL finalist in the last 5 seasons, treble winner, double winner and now a lot of them WC winner.. And still a lot of people talk down on them :S
Ottomeister13

Postby pyrasur » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Yeah i know, it keeps those clubs like Real, Barca etc away. But even if they were interested, they get a no in 99,9% of the cases anyway :D But i just miss the recognition for a lot of our players they deserve 100%.. 3 times CL finalist in the last 5 seasons, treble winner, double winner and now a lot of them WC winner.. And still a lot of people talk down on them :S

Most of the pundits don't know what they are talking about anyways, don't need their recognition. For example, US TV broadcasters are only going to cover English and Spanish teams because their broadcasting rights don't cover the Buli anyway, so they aren't going to promote that league. Let them talk all they want about Read Madrid, Manchester City, etc and put all the pressure on them.

At the end of the day, players like Benatia coming here instead of anywhere else shows Bayern gets the recognition where it counts. I only care that the Bundesliga gets broadcasting opportunities to let real fans of football make a decision based on what they see, not what they are told.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nm462272 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:00 pm

To further pyrasur's point, I seem to remember quite a bit of "disbelief" in US media regarding the result of Bayern-City, Dortmund-Arsenal, etc, as if lowly German teams couldn't compete with mighty English teams. It's mostly due to the language barrier and familiarity, but I also hope that with the increased exposure through Fox next year, more and more will understand how great the bundesliga is. That's also why I hope Fox does a great job like NBC has.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Yeah and there is a little problem, the media Always praises everything Barca, Real or Man U like into the heaven, where Bayern's successes are often just a side note. I don't really care either about that, because i am a proud supporter of the best club in the world, no matter what. Let them sell their souls and have all those band wagon fans :D
Ottomeister13

Postby runaway » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:18 pm

When anything Germany succeeds, the most common reaction would be a grumble of "These Germans." We don't get fanaticism. Because who wants to idolize and praise Germans? :mrgreen:

Superman or Batman is great. Dramatic, exciting, captivating. But Justice League? That's too many super heroes for us average humans.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby tflags » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:51 am

The gaucho dance didn't help them much on that dept did it?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:05 am

tflags wrote:The gaucho dance didn't help them much on that dept did it?

Is that actually a thing people disliked? I totally thought that was newspapers trying to generate controversy.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Previous

Return to Bundesliga