You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-09-23] Bayern Munich vs SC Paderborn

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
83%
It will end in a draw
13%
SC Paderborn 07 will win
4%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2014-09-23] Bayern Munich vs SC Paderborn

Postby michel » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:28 am

Die Roten treated us to champagne football for 20 minutes on Tuesday, with a hint of Heynckes spice in the Pep Guardiola soup. It was yummy and all we can do is ask for one more bowl.

More: Bayern – Paderborn tactical analysis
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RodePiet » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:14 am

[quote="Ottomeister13"] "And Robben didnt have his best game with his passes and stuff,"

Didn't he initiate 3 of the 4 goals?....I guess that's what makes him so great...he has a "bad" day and he is still awesome!
RodePiet
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:13 am

Finally could watch the game. Götze was good, hope that translates to playing good against harder opposition. What's up with Robben? His left foot was unusually imprecise, but his right foot did much more than usual :lol: (Nice to see him do more passes and not just drifting and shooting as he usually does). Finally: what's up with Benatia?? Shouldn't he be able to play at least some minutes so he gets to know his new team-mates?
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby runaway » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:05 am

endrity wrote:The big question therefore is not why Lahm is still playing as a CM, but why is it that Rode and Rafinha are his alternatives? Why was Rode brought in when he wouldn't fit at CM and why is Rafinha the starter?

We've "bought" Rode before Pep took the helm. That is, there's already an understanding. Before the pre-season it was already expressed by Kalle that he will likely be used in RB. If Lahm is not a capable CM compared to Rode, we must be living on a completely different universe. Rode has potential and is called the next Schweinstiger but even fussballgot is not born in the central midfield. A different position is not the end of the world. That's the position he can realistically play than rot in the bench. He either seizes that opportunity like Alaba or go away like Kirchhoff.

I've said this before the end of the summer transfer that with all our purchases, RB is the only position that would need reinforcements. Sadly, we won't find that easily in Germany. But now, we need a Dante replacement as well as a Shaqiri replacement. I can have hope for Shaqiri until the end of this season to wake up. But Dante is a one-season wonder. He had that form in the treble year and has been declining ever since.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:58 am

RodePiet wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote: "And Robben didnt have his best game with his passes and stuff,"

Didn't he initiate 3 of the 4 goals?....I guess that's what makes him so great...he has a "bad" day and he is still awesome!

True that, but it was more the passing game he had, was not as accurate as we all know by him. And he didnt seem that happy about himself either, didnt even laugh after he assisted Mullers goal.
Ottomeister13

Postby Argeta » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Full-backs are often failed wingers/midfielders.
Lahms idol was Scholl but changed to Maldini as soon as he turned into a fullback.
Also Bale was a fullback.

Time for Shaqiri to play RB.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Dalv » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:58 pm

For me, Robben was MOTM.
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:52 pm

runaway wrote:
endrity wrote:The big question therefore is not why Lahm is still playing as a CM, but why is it that Rode and Rafinha are his alternatives? Why was Rode brought in when he wouldn't fit at CM and why is Rafinha the starter?

We've "bought" Rode before Pep took the helm. That is, there's already an understanding. Before the pre-season it was already expressed by Kalle that he will likely be used in RB. If Lahm is not a capable CM compared to Rode, we must be living on a completely different universe. Rode has potential and is called the next Schweinstiger but even fussballgot is not born in the central midfield. A different position is not the end of the world. That's the position he can realistically play than rot in the bench. He either seizes that opportunity like Alaba or go away like Kirchhoff.

I've said this before the end of the summer transfer that with all our purchases, RB is the only position that would need reinforcements. Sadly, we won't find that easily in Germany. But now, we need a Dante replacement as well as a Shaqiri replacement. I can have hope for Shaqiri until the end of this season to wake up. But Dante is a one-season wonder. He had that form in the treble year and has been declining ever since.

If Rode can work right back good for him. From what I saw he was decent there but not yet Philipp Lahm's level. He will have to work to improve positional sense but it was a good promising performance. Who knows maybe in a year he moves again, provoking anger that Rode belongs at RB? As you say Alaba got his break when the midfield was packed because he managed to seize left back spot. And now he's back in midfield go figure.

Hojbjerg looked good yesterday when he came on. Didn't see too much of his performance against Hamburg but he did well in his short time yesterday. He did well to spot Robben in the build-up to the fourth goal. Anyway well done to the team.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby runaway » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:08 pm

pyrasur wrote:From what I saw he was decent there but not yet Philipp Lahm's level.

Just better than Rafinha level would work. :wink:
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MatZam » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:22 pm

pyrasur wrote:From what I saw he was decent there but not yet Philipp Lahm's level.

Very few people are. We may have to wait a long time before we have a fullback of that quality again.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:34 pm

Move Alaba to right back some time in the future, problem solved. :mrgreen:
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:10 am

MatZam wrote:

Very few people are. We may have to wait a long time before we have a fullback of that quality again.

Very few??? Who is at Lahm's level? No one!
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby endrity » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:26 am

There are some that might think this is an extremely biased opinion, but Lahm might be the best fullback I have seen in the last 20-25 years, if not the best ever. He was not the athlete that Cafu or Maldini were, but those guys are not close to having the skill and intelligence that Lahm has on the pitch. After we beat Arsenal 1-3 in 2013, there were some fans of theirs that were saying Lahm was probably the best opposition player to have played at the Emirates - that's how good and peerless he is at RB. So finding anyone close to his level will be an almost impossible challenge I think.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:41 am

And still he is way to underrated in the eyes of many, just like a lot more Bayern players.. and why? Just because they don't play @ Man U, Barca or Real :S
Ottomeister13

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:54 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:And still he is way to underrated in the eyes of many, just like a lot more Bayern players.. and why? Just because they don't play @ Man U, Barca or Real :S

TBH I quite like it when we are at a low profile the less attention the better.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga