You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-09-23] Bayern Munich vs SC Paderborn

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
83%
It will end in a draw
13%
SC Paderborn 07 will win
4%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2014-09-23] Bayern Munich vs SC Paderborn

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Nice and deserved win. Almost everyone played like they should today. Only thing with Rode is that he is a bit impatient, seems to be hit by lightning haha.. And Robben didnt have his best game with his passes and stuff, but who cares. I don't mind them tuning it down a notch in the 2nd.. Coming saturday a tough away game versus Koln.

Muller, thanks for ruining my perfect prediction :P
Ottomeister13

Postby envagyokazapad » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:52 pm

Smooth game, though Paderborn made it surprisingly easy this time around.

Rode is awesome, but definitely not a right back. Rafinha is possibly the worst CB ever. Perhaps we should try playing players in their real positions for a change :P
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:53 pm

Yes, Robben didn't have his best game. Scary how he still pretty damn good.

And I disagree with Rode. RB is probably the best position for him in our system. Either there, or nowhere.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MiaSanFCB » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:00 pm

We needed a game like this, great match. First LewanGOALski goal at the Allianz and probably the best Götze match since he arrived to Bayern, Xabi Alonso played very good too. :)
MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby nm462272 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:00 pm

bastos80 wrote:Yes, Robben didn't have his best game. Scary how he still pretty damn good.

And I disagree with Rode. RB is probably the best position for him in our system. Either there, or nowhere.

Continuing the thought from the game chat, since there really isn't any chance for Rode in the midfield (over Schweini, Xabi, Lahm, etc.), I'd love to see him play more as RB. I prefer him over Rafinha, if for nothing else than his work rate and determination. Plus, who knows... impress there with Bayern, and there is an open spot on the German NT
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:01 pm

Yep. He either succeeds there or he'll rot on the bench. Sadly.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:10 pm

Wish we would have SOMEHOW got alonso a season earlier!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby envagyokazapad » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:16 pm

bastos80 wrote:Yes, Robben didn't have his best game. Scary how he still pretty damn good.

If that's the attitude towards him he's probably going out the Kirchhoff way.

He looks great when pressing up front, but absolutely terrible when defending on the wings at the back, he was beaten one on one time and time again...it just doesn't look like a suitable position for him.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:21 pm

He's not a type of midfielder Pep likes, whats so hard to understand about that ?

Sorry If I sound offensive, but people got to realise that some day.
He'll have no chance against Alonso, Thiago, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Martínez and even Götze. Thats just the way it is.

I don't want another performance like against Schalke in the last 70 minutes where he was totally overwhelmed because his deficits in tight space.
He'd be good as a midfielder for Dortmund definatly, but for us I only see the RB position.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby envagyokazapad » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Dude, you were talking about him like some object you can throw around, and if it doesn't work you can just throw it away.

There is no Thiago, Schweinsteiger or Martinez right now. We choose to play a CMF as a RB, so we can play the best RB in the world as a CMF...some months ago people were complaining about that. I understand Pep doesn't like a midfielder of his type (or know how to even use one apparently), but that doesn't mean I agree with him.

You can throw him in anywhere on the pitch as I'm sure he'll be just as good there as in RB.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby nm462272 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:32 pm

I think that as much as we all would love to see Lahm return to RB full time, it's unfortunately not going to happen. Pep wants to see him in the midfield, either as part of the two DMs in a back-4 system, or as part of the mid-4 in a back-3 system.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby envagyokazapad » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:43 pm

I'm pretty sure he'll move back once one of Thiago or Schweinsteiger recovers. I like how he's playing in the midfield anyway, so that's not so much my issue. We might lose out on some in the midfield, but we also gain a lot defensively and offensively with Lahm on the right. Any winger of any top European team would have had a field day with Rode today.

I just hate to see another talented guy bought, only to be played out of position until our star players recover from injury and then he can go on his way. Lahm will always play, so Rode won't get any playtime behind him there either (then you also have Rafinha who is a better RB right now..).
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:01 pm

We are back to where we belong... Nr1 spot 8-)

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by ramsej84 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lotharis1 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:02 pm

I too think Rode is overated.

I'd much rather Rafinha and Benatia as 2nd choice right backs.

I'd even prefer to see Lahm remain right back, and move Robben into a central position in midfield, and bring Shaqiri on as the right flank than to see Rode being moved to right back. He did an okay job... but at 2-0 for such a long stretch, there was that doubt in my mind that Rode/Dante would eff it up. Rode got beat bad on a couple turns, and Dante didn't look solid, yet again.

I'm not going to overly criticize Pep over it, though, as some people have. He took over a treble winning team, and got a double and to the semis of the CL. Since no team has repeated in forever, I'd say that's a solid enough accomplishment. I'm not sure what people expect out of the guy.

He often mixes around players positions and formations, so people are ready to play anywhere on the field. This is actually helping us in a major way at the moment, with Schweinsteiger, Ribery, Badstuber, Robben, Martinez, Thiago, etc. out, we've barely lost a step. Now it helps to have players who can step in and fill several roles, whereas other clubs would be devastated by the injuries we have.
ImageFC Bayern - Pack MASS www.facebook.com/FCBayernPackMASS Image
Lotharis1
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby endrity » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:27 pm

I also think the chances of Lahm moving to RB are becoming slimmer by the day. He wants to play CM, that's clear from everything he's said and done. The reason is also clear, players have longer careers in the middle rather than the wing. I am not sure if he would have had the pace to deal defensively with wingers as a RB in about two years time. I am not convinced he's a great CM, but I guess he also needs to play there fulltime for a while to really show what he can do.

The big question therefore is not why Lahm is still playing as a CM, but why is it that Rode and Rafinha are his alternatives? Why was Rode brought in when he wouldn't fit at CM and why is Rafinha the starter? Why was there not money invested to upgrade a position that clearly needs upgrades? I am not sure he has elite talent, but Sebastian Jung would have been fine for a while, until a top class RB was found at least.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga