You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
5
63%
It will end in a draw
0
No votes
SC Freiburg will win
3
38%
 
Total votes : 8

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:57 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:I was totally WRONG about Javi.
He's playing as a top DM under Jupp,and i just hope that his shoulder injury isn't serious.

Now,about the game :
Thiago was the MOTM for me,absolutely ripped Freiburg's defense;
Great defense effort from the team,but we should give credit to Jupp.For the first time in many years i saw Bayern denfending in 4-1-4-1 with Javi protecting the 4 guys in front of him.Thanks to the intensive pressing,Freiburg was trying to get through them with long balls,but we managed to win them all.

Just imagine the long balls from Boateng when he gets his playing sense back at 100 %.He can still be a top 3 in the World.

I'm dissapointed with Müller.Again he's getting the worst rating from the team.While i agree on that he's giving all he has in defense,and getting back the lost balls,It's looking like we're going to play again with the long balls from the defense,and i think with one or two magic touches from James we're going to look very,very dangerous up front.
Because many people will agree with me that his first touches today were teribble.And not only today.

PP:Kimmich is GOAT.
Müller's First Touch/passing HAS become sloppy, agree, but you shouldn't underestimate the importance of Müller's workrate either. It actually makes a huge difference. Bayern scored countless goals because of it throughout the seasons; just today one of the 5 goals wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Müller's determination to fight for every ball.

If he can get his technic back (which wasn't ever Thiago-level artistic, but was always very solvent), and maybe also improve his confidence (especially reflected in scoring), we can have our good old Müller back. Having Müller Back at his best would go a long way for us. 1/3 aspects seems back already, I believe playing time and his coaches confidence will heal the other 2.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
I've never underestimate his workrate. Actually, for me this is the reason why he's still playing at Bayern at the moment.I think this is his best quality.

Just my thoughts now , not pretending to be right for the 100 % of the things -
I've watched James with Columbia in his last couple of games, and speaking of workrate - his defensive efforts were just off the top. I'm sure he can also do it without hesitation in Bayern,if they ask him for that.

For Thomas, if we take for example today's game - now we have healthy Boa and Mats, Kimmich is GOAT and Alaba finally find the time machine. In front of these, we have Javi and Thiago which often doesn't get credited for his defensive gamey.

The point which I'm trying to make is that - we have the defensive stability with these players, but I've still got the feeling that we lack creativity in attack. And it's normal at the moment. For Coman it must be the time which he has waited for.. to play regular football, and he cannot perform as a world class winger from the day one, we all knew that.

Robben on the other hand is looking to have more "free to adjust" role under Jupp. It's not going to be all cut - cut, adjust and shoot all over again for him, and don't forget that we've talking the same old thing over and over again - we should get used to life after him and Ribéry.

The whole point is, we absolutely need James 90 minutes per game in this season. If we say that his (Mullers) ball tracking is the best thing that he do in the last couple of months, why we should sacrifice James's creativity in attack when we have the players which I mentioned above?

James needs to play in front of Thomas or Robben in the next 4, 5 games. As many people have said, and I'm thinking in the same way - I just cannot imagine what in form Thomas and James can make together. We've got the taste in the game against Schalke.

So, what about Muller taking the ball from the opposite defense and giving it to the best creative player on the team in open position? Sounds good, right? Ask Schalke.

Send via carrier pigeon.
Last edited by IsiahRashad on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 1337 times
Been thanked: 1119 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby Manchu » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:58 pm

What exactly is it with all the criticism of Muller? His performance was far from that of his best game ever,* but it was pretty good overall(forced an own goal, assisted a goal, good defensive workrate, created some space for Robben). He did have one bad giveaway, but so did Kimmich, and I don't see people going after him. Honestly, I'm somewhat confused to the standard of performance which people are expecting from him. Whenever his performance improves, the standard seems to rise so that he's always "underperforming."

That being said, our team did have a problem today with winning the ball back in a good position and then screwing up something simple without creating a good goalscoring opportunity. Alaba and Coman were the chief culprits, but Robben also did it a couple times.


*His best games tend to come when he's playing with a number 10 for some reason(hint, hint, Jupp).
User avatar
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 am
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 256 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:31 pm

Going through the entire thread and loving that there is finally a zeal for what we think and want becoming a reality under Jupp (tactically speaking). I agree with a bunch of people here who are saying that we have defensive solidity finally and need to tweak our attacking four.

On that note why are people thinking Javi OR Vidal and not Javi & Vidal if both fit. That is imo as close to if not even an upgrade to the 2013 Schweini+Javi combo (Vidal is much better going forward and covers slightly more distance). What that means is we can play Thiago as CAM a position he has played well in before; he has the close control to offload the pressing easily, in fact he has the best close control in our team even ahead of James and its not like he doesn't have the vision for assists etc as well.

I understand that with Thiago being moved to CAM we potentially lose out on Muller in his favored position but I do believe that under Jupp; Kimmich and Muller can build up very good chemistry with Kimmich's footballing IQ complimenting Mullers off the ball runs. Thiago having the vision and the ability to thread passes behind the lines for both of them to capitalize on. I am the biggest Muller as CAM fan as well but I do believe it is a very good alternate option for Jupp especially against CL teams with an equally strong midfield as ours.

Coman/James--Thiago--Muller/Robben
-------------Javi-------Vidal----------------
SoStronk.com
User avatar
Aequitas1987
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2471
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:50 am
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 161 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby Roonzil » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Can we give some credit to Ulreich's save at the beginning of the game, which looked like a certain 1-0 for Freiburg, and would've caused another mental blow? Easily forgotten, but important moment in the game.

Thiago...I love you bro.


Rest has already been said basically. Passing still needs work, but that was to be expected, with only 5 days of full training (at maximum, for part of the team). I was surprised to see attacks coming from the left side of the pitch, and not just attacks...but successful attacks!

Glad to see us playing strong and goalscoring football until final whistle, in stead of going into auto-pilot mode after going 2-0 up.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Image
Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 1371 times
Gender: Female

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby AvatarX » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:41 pm

Finally a wind of change for our team after many years.

I don't expect miracles, but I loved the stability, motivation and the slight turn to direct football - back to our roots.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
User avatar
AvatarX
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7986
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:42 pm
Location: Metaverse
National Flag:
Anonymous
Has thanked: 753 times
Been thanked: 886 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Roonzil wrote:Can we give some credit to Ulreich's save at the beginning of the game, which looked like a certain 1-0 for Freiburg, and would've caused another mental blow? Easily forgotten, but important moment in the game.

Thiago...I love you bro.


Rest has already been said basically. Passing still needs work, but that was to be expected, with only 5 days of full training (at maximum, for part of the team). I was surprised to see attacks coming from the left side of the pitch, and not just attacks...but successful attacks!

Glad to see us playing strong and goalscoring football until final whistle, in stead of going into auto-pilot mode after going 2-0 up.


Did you saw how nervous was Jupp when we scored the second goal ? He knew that we should keep foot on the gas.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 1337 times
Been thanked: 1119 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:16 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:I was totally WRONG about Javi.
He's playing as a top DM under Jupp,and i just hope that his shoulder injury isn't serious.

Now,about the game :
Thiago was the MOTM for me,absolutely ripped Freiburg's defense;
Great defense effort from the team,but we should give credit to Jupp.For the first time in many years i saw Bayern denfending in 4-1-4-1 with Javi protecting the 4 guys in front of him.Thanks to the intensive pressing,Freiburg was trying to get through them with long balls,but we managed to win them all.

Just imagine the long balls from Boateng when he gets his playing sense back at 100 %.He can still be a top 3 in the World.

I'm dissapointed with Müller.Again he's getting the worst rating from the team.While i agree on that he's giving all he has in defense,and getting back the lost balls,It's looking like we're going to play again with the long balls from the defense,and i think with one or two magic touches from James we're going to look very,very dangerous up front.
Because many people will agree with me that his first touches today were teribble.And not only today.

PP:Kimmich is GOAT.
Müller's First Touch/passing HAS become sloppy, agree, but you shouldn't underestimate the importance of Müller's workrate either. It actually makes a huge difference. Bayern scored countless goals because of it throughout the seasons; just today one of the 5 goals wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Müller's determination to fight for every ball.

If he can get his technic back (which wasn't ever Thiago-level artistic, but was always very solvent), and maybe also improve his confidence (especially reflected in scoring), we can have our good old Müller back. Having Müller Back at his best would go a long way for us. 1/3 aspects seems back already, I believe playing time and his coaches confidence will heal the other 2.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
I've never underestimate his workrate. Actually, for me this is the reason why he's still playing at Bayern at the moment.I think this is his best quality.

Just my thoughts now , not pretending to be right for the 100 % of the things -
I've watched James with Columbia in his last couple of games, and speaking of workrate - his defensive efforts were just off the top. I'm sure he can also do it without hesitation in Bayern,if they ask him for that.

For Thomas, if we take for example today's game - now we have healthy Boa and Mats, Kimmich is GOAT and Alaba finally find the time machine. In front of these, we have Javi and Thiago which often doesn't get credited for his defensive gamey.

The point which I'm trying to make is that - we have the defensive stability with these players, but I've still got the feeling that we lack creativity in attack. And it's normal at the moment. For Coman it must be the time which he has waited for.. to play regular football, and he cannot perform as a world class winger from the day one, we all knew that.

Robben on the other hand is looking to have more "free to adjust" role under Jupp. It's not going to be all cut - cut, adjust and shoot all over again for him, and don't forget that we've talking the same old thing over and over again - we should get used to life after him and Ribéry.

The whole point is, we absolutely need James 90 minutes per game in this season. If we say that his (Mullers) ball tracking is the best thing that he do in the last couple of months, why we should sacrifice James's creativity in attack when we have the players which I mentioned above?

James needs to play in front of Thomas or Robben in the next 4, 5 games. As many people have said, and I'm thinking in the same way - I just cannot imagine what in form Thomas and James can make together. We've got the taste in the game against Schalke.

So, what about Muller taking the ball from the opposite defense and giving it to the best creative player on the team in open position? Sounds good, right? Ask Schalke.

Send via carrier pigeon.
Just two points;

1) when I talk about Müller's work rate and will, it's not just defensively. It's little situations, like the ball almost out of the pitch, 99% of the players just let it go out, but Müller runs for it and makes a goal out of that ball.

2) I never said James shouldn't start. On the contrary. I think Coman and Robben should be the ones to make way for James. Either;

Lewy
Coman-James-Müller
Thiago-Javi

Or

Lewy
James-Müller-Robben
Thiago-Javi

I definitely, 100% think James and Müller should both start.


Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5517
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2381 times
Been thanked: 2268 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby FCB12Forever » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 pm

I am actually surprised with the improvement in the team. You don't always get instant stimulant after ending an era of chaos, especially right after you escaped an executive who didn't care and allegedly didn't want you to be good. I was expecting the team to slowly recover its form, tactics, fitness, and purpose (yes, purpose, Thanks to Edward Prempeh at Bayern Central, I think that is the ultimate thing Bayern needs after Ancelotti), probably over the course of 1 - 2 months. Yeah, winterpause will help.

I see instant change in the team's morale, concentration and tactics. We still had some errors in defence, thankfully we kept a clean sheet despite that. We didn't give away late goals due to our shitty fitness after destructive fitness training thanks to Mauri.

I understand it takes time and I will be patient if we lose games in the near future, and I won't blame Jupp for that. We owe him so much. He might be conservative sometimes (yes, that was my thought when I saw the lineup), but you really can't ask for more from an old man who contribute every bit he could for his, and our beloved team.

Thank you, Jupp.
User avatar
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:26 am
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 52 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:48 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Just two points;

1) when I talk about Müller's work rate and will, it's not just defensively. It's little situations, like the ball almost out of the pitch, 99% of the players just let it go out, but Müller runs for it and makes a goal out of that ball.

2) I never said James shouldn't start. On the contrary. I think Coman and Robben should be the ones to make way for James. Either;

Lewy
Coman-James-Müller
Thiago-Javi

Or

Lewy
James-Müller-Robben
Thiago-Javi

I definitely, 100% think James and Müller should both start.


Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


On the other hand,it's looking that we can all agree that James needs to play almost all the time.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 1337 times
Been thanked: 1119 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby America USA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:24 pm

Manchu wrote:What exactly is it with all the criticism of Muller? His performance was far from that of his best game ever,* but it was pretty good overall(forced an own goal, assisted a goal, good defensive workrate, created some space for Robben). He did have one bad giveaway, but so did Kimmich, and I don't see people going after him. Honestly, I'm somewhat confused to the standard of performance which people are expecting from him. Whenever his performance improves, the standard seems to rise so that he's always "underperforming."

That being said, our team did have a problem today with winning the ball back in a good position and then screwing up something simple without creating a good goalscoring opportunity. Alaba and Coman were the chief culprits, but Robben also did it a couple times.


*His best games tend to come when he's playing with a number 10 for some reason(hint, hint, Jupp).



This is one of the main reasons why I want Thomas to keep getting consecutive starts. Every time he has even a half decent game, the team performance seems to improve. When he’s on song, we smoke the opposition. Also, the Robert-Thomas combo almost guarantees us goals. Even today they combined to score one out of nowhere. His impact on the team performance and morale is an unwritten stat you won’t find in the books. That’s perhaps his unsung contribution to the team.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Virginia/California
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby Effenberg777 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:16 am

lets not be carried away its only Freiburg
User avatar
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:51 pm
National Flag:
El Salvador
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:06 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:lets not be carried away its only Freiburg



Well, you were popping the champagne two weeks ago when we were leading 2-0 in Berlin against Hertha :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8825
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Sydney
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 1786 times
Been thanked: 1822 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:08 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:lets not be carried away its only Freiburg



Well, you were popping the champagne two weeks ago when we were leading 2-0 in Berlin against Hertha :)


:lol: :lol:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9085
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 830 times
Been thanked: 2884 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Morning people...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9085
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 830 times
Been thanked: 2884 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:24 pm

tflags wrote:Morning people...
I thought Javi had a 95 percent pass success rate...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31582
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5577 times
Been thanked: 8309 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest