You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
63%
It will end in a draw
No votes
SC Freiburg will win
38%

Total votes : 8

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:46 pm

I was totally WRONG about Javi.
He's playing as a top DM under Jupp,and i just hope that his shoulder injury isn't serious.

Now,about the game :
Thiago was the MOTM for me,absolutely ripped Freiburg's defense;
Great defense effort from the team,but we should give credit to Jupp.For the first time in many years i saw Bayern denfending in 4-1-4-1 with Javi protecting the 4 guys in front of him.Thanks to the intensive pressing,Freiburg was trying to get through them with long balls,but we managed to win them all.

Just imagine the long balls from Boateng when he gets his playing sense back at 100 %.He can still be a top 3 in the World.

I'm dissapointed with Müller.Again he's getting the worst rating from the team.While i agree on that he's giving all he has in defense,and getting back the lost balls,It's looking like we're going to play again with the long balls from the defense,and i think with one or two magic touches from James we're going to look very,very dangerous up front.
Because many people will agree with me that his first touches today were teribble.And not only today.

PP:Kimmich is GOAT.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby bastos80 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Achilles wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Don't even try to say something against Müller. JANCKER and ramsej won't allow that.

TBH if someone reads your comments about Thomas Muller will make two assumptions: a)that T.Muller is a 2.BuLi player or b)you're biased against him you're an extremist sometimes either for good or bad, that's all.

I'm not the biggest fan of James for example but I acknowledge that currently he is our only creative player that we rely on offensively excluding Thiago considering that Muller doesn't shine, I want Colombia's poster boy get his fair chances and watch from what he is made for

I don't hate Müller. What pisses me off that it seems he can perform as poorly as he can and still start every game.
For the most part at the moment you could put in a 2nd Bundesliga player and achieve the same effect. But Müller is Müller so any criticism is a no-go.
All Müller has to do is give his all to gain praise from some people here. Shouldn't that be a requirement to even play in this team in the first place?
I can call Müller "not the greatest footballer" and I get a reaction like I insulted someones mother. Some people really need to check their priorities.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Achilles » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:51 pm

bastos80 wrote:All Müller has to do is give his all to gain praise from some people here. Shouldn't that be a requirement to even play in this team in the first place?

Agreed on that since he have a potentially good back up. We'll see how this will turn out in the coming games, I believe that James will get his chances, there were rumors that Jupp doesn't like him though...
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Achilles wrote:
bastos80 wrote:All Müller has to do is give his all to gain praise from some people here. Shouldn't that be a requirement to even play in this team in the first place?

Agreed on that since he have a potentially good back up. We'll see how this will turn out in the coming games, I believe that James will get his chances, there were rumors that Jupp doesn't like him though...

Those rumours can easily be put into the bullshit category when you listen to what Jupp has to say about him.
He can tell us what a great player he thinks he is and that he can count on his help and I still have to read "NEW BAYERN COACH JUPP HEYNCKES WITH BRUTAL DECISION AGAINST JAMES RODRIGUEZ" in my news feed... :roll:
Anyway, I think that Müller and James should play together because they both seem to benefit from each other.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alaba » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:01 pm

The changes for me were obvious
The fullback + winger connection was there down the flanks
Freiburg had chances in the first half but not a sniff in the second. We were much better defensively
In attack the constant crossing was thankfully gone some link up play and better synchronisation
I'm absolutely sure the team will be even better with vidal back in
We were not even 80% today but the fact we won 5-0 regardless says a lot, and I am especially pleased about the clean sheet
Alaba
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:01 pm

pyrasur wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Bayern is back! :)

Seriously, the thing I missed the most from Müller was that superhuman effort. His will to fight for every ball. So so glad that that aspect of his game is coming back!

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Good for the captain to lead through effort.

I low key like what Coman is doin. Improved decision making, and even got a goal :)
Yeah. Played more maturely today. Hope Jupp can bring him forward a good length in development, but still think the starting trio/quartet should be James-Lewy-Müller+Robben.

PunkCapitalist

Postby kingbayern » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:07 pm

In the last 10 minutes we were playing 433 and we were playing well with it, maybe it can be done

Also, Javi showed me we need a destroyer type mid...add so much stability to our team..hopefully, we build on this
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:08 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:I was totally WRONG about Javi.
He's playing as a top DM under Jupp,and i just hope that his shoulder injury isn't serious.

Now,about the game :
Thiago was the MOTM for me,absolutely ripped Freiburg's defense;
Great defense effort from the team,but we should give credit to Jupp.For the first time in many years i saw Bayern denfending in 4-1-4-1 with Javi protecting the 4 guys in front of him.Thanks to the intensive pressing,Freiburg was trying to get through them with long balls,but we managed to win them all.

Just imagine the long balls from Boateng when he gets his playing sense back at 100 %.He can still be a top 3 in the World.

I'm dissapointed with Müller.Again he's getting the worst rating from the team.While i agree on that he's giving all he has in defense,and getting back the lost balls,It's looking like we're going to play again with the long balls from the defense,and i think with one or two magic touches from James we're going to look very,very dangerous up front.
Because many people will agree with me that his first touches today were teribble.And not only today.

PP:Kimmich is GOAT.
Müller's First Touch/passing HAS become sloppy, agree, but you shouldn't underestimate the importance of Müller's workrate either. It actually makes a huge difference. Bayern scored countless goals because of it throughout the seasons; just today one of the 5 goals wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Müller's determination to fight for every ball.

If he can get his technic back (which wasn't ever Thiago-level artistic, but was always very solvent), and maybe also improve his confidence (especially reflected in scoring), we can have our good old Müller back. Having Müller Back at his best would go a long way for us. 1/3 aspects seems back already, I believe playing time and his coaches confidence will heal the other 2.

PunkCapitalist

Postby Achilles » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:10 pm

kingbayern wrote:In the last 10 minutes we were playing 433 and we were playing well with it, maybe it can be done

In the last 10 minutes we were winning 4-0 in home bro even I could thrash Freiburg with a solo under these circumstances
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Achilles wrote:
kingbayern wrote:In the last 10 minutes we were playing 433 and we were playing well with it, maybe it can be done

In the last 10 minutes we were winning 4-0 in home bro even I could thrash Freiburg with a solo under these circumstances

Obviously it can be done. 4231 is just a variation of a 433 which we played for the majority of the treble season.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:15 pm

I know it's obviously too early to expect it but it would be nice if the next time we have such a lead we could see a few minutes of that new young guy (haven't gotten used to the name yet).
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I know it's obviously too early to expect it but it would be nice if the next time we have such a lead we could see a few minutes of that new young guy (haven't gotten used to the name yet).
Kwasi

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shpati_L1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:27 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I know it's obviously too early to expect it but it would be nice if the next time we have such a lead we could see a few minutes of that new young guy (haven't gotten used to the name yet).

James? :P
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:35 pm

We had more stability but I don't think it was just because of Javi. I give Jupp all the credit for that.

The entire midfield looked quite compact during the whole game, there were no gaps or mispositioning issues.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:44 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:

James? :P

:lol: him too
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga