You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
63%
It will end in a draw
No votes
SC Freiburg will win
38%

Total votes : 8

Re: [2017-10-14] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:12 pm

I like what I've seen

Yes, this kind of performance wouldn't take us any further this season, but you can clearly see things are changing. Especially mentality and attitude of this team. The team will need time to adapt to Jupp's new tactics (and forget ASAP all what they were doing in the previous 4 months) but this seems to be the turning point. I trust in Jupp. Also the midfield seems to be more compact even with an out of form Javi Martinez.

There are lots of things that need to be improved, but they WILL improve with time because our coach knows what he's doing. We're not stuck like we were with Ancelotti.

Some people might have expected us to play like in 2013 just because Jupp is here, but he will need time to make things happen. This is just the first step.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:13 pm

And I expect a boost of creativity with James in the lineup
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCB general » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:He picked a nasty knock on his shoulder and had to be subbed off.. did not look to be something sweet

Yes, I'm also watching and it didn't look polite at all. :? I see how much work will need here in this Bayern squad which has declined through the last 2 years. I would fix all problems by leaving Jupp for 2 more seasons after this one and let him do the job all over again and prove how great he is even for this today's so-called top coaching elite.

The ball must be faster as well as the players who sometimes look to me like they have no energy to sprint through the whole pitch. God, one Schweinsteiger and one young Ribery would solve all our problems very quickly.

Maybe Jupp has got something for Thiago and James, but we'll see. Speaking of result, this is one hell of a start for a man who was out of football for the last 4 and half years. =D> But his job will be very heavy, just like when he took over the team back in summer 2011.
Last edited by FCB general on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:16 pm

FCB general wrote:Wow... Don Jupp needed to return to Bayern so we could finally see Martinez again in the midfield. :roll: It will take time for him to regain his previous performances and rhythm in the midfield after more than 3 and half years playing out of his position. Javi Guardiola's man my ass... I just hope he won't get injured and miss the season all over again when the fortune might smile to him.

He played CM with Pep and Carlo, but because of injuries he wasn't good there anymore

In fact I really don't think he will become a starter neither in defense or midfield. He could cover up both though
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:17 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I like what I've seen

Yes, this kind of performance wouldn't take us any further this season, but you can clearly see things are changing. Especially mentality and attitude of this team. The team will need time to adapt to Jupp's new tactics (and forget ASAP all what they were doing in the previous 4 months) but this seems to be the turning point. I trust in Jupp. Also the midfield seems to be more compact even with an out of form Javi Martinez.

There are lots of things that need to be improved, but they WILL improve with time because our coach knows what he's doing. We're not stuck like we were with Ancelotti.

Some people might have expected us to play like in 2013 just because Jupp is here, but he will need time to make things happen. This is just the first step.
Fully agree. The little tactical differences so far are great to see. Stuff like the Coman-Alaba combinations, finally having a pure DM, Müller's much improved workrate... I like the early signs. Let's hope the team keeps gaining rhythm and the players find better a understanding among themselves.

Edit: That Kimmich goal. Straight out of Schweini's playbook 8)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:23 pm

Jupp Heynckes 5:0 Freiburg 8)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Achilles » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:25 pm

That Jupp effect should become a scientific experiment, needs an analysis, that legendary grandpa has the magic stick!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Kimmich & Heynckes G.O.A.T.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:32 pm

#12 wrote:That goal fest might not be wishful thinking after all...

:coffee:
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Thiago man of the match. Martinez did alright too but Rudy filled in nicely when he went off. Hummels-Boateng looked solid. The players looked hungry today unlike under Carlo. Coman and Robben were good too and Thomas haters this is what he bring to the team, even when he’s having a bad game he never stops working and helping his teammates. The creativity in the final third needs a bit more work that’s the only con I can think of, but it will take some time to get rid of the Italian’s stale football hangover.

A bright start under Jupp. Lets hope Dortmund drop points too!
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Achilles » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Muller was better than usual but still he messed up many key passes or opportunities plus some blunders while passing back.
What we lack is just another creative player(James) since Coman it's an dumb athletic footballer and Robben doesn't even consider Lewy as a teammate so James looks as our only option to become more flexible and creative upfront. We'll see against Celtic!

At the moment I'm excited with the attitude and the scoreboard but offensively we need some adjustments. Muller being untouchable is not a good thing while at the same time the Dutchman is having a..Kobe and I think not even Heynckes has a cure for him.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby bastos80 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Achilles wrote:Muller was better than usual but still he messed up many key passes or opportunities plus some blunders while passing back.
What we lack is just another creative player(James) since Coman it's an dumb athletic footballer and Robben doesn't even consider Lewy as a teammate so James looks as our only option to become more flexible and creative upfront. We'll see against Celtic!

At the moment I'm excited with the attitude and the scoreboard but offensively we need some adjustments. Muller being untouchable is not a good thing while at the same time the Dutchman is having a..Kobe and I think not even Heynckes has a cure for him.

Don't even try to say something against Müller. JANCKER and ramsej won't allow that.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:36 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I like what I've seen

In 2013, we only won 1-0 against Freiburg. As Heynckes said in the pre-match press conference, this team is better than the one he had in his treble-winning season 8)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:43 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Bayern is back! :)

Seriously, the thing I missed the most from Müller was that superhuman effort. His will to fight for every ball. So so glad that that aspect of his game is coming back!

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Good for the captain to lead through effort.

I low key like what Coman is doin. Improved decision making, and even got a goal :)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Achilles » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:43 pm

bastos80 wrote:Don't even try to say something against Müller. JANCKER and ramsej won't allow that.

TBH if someone reads your comments about Thomas Muller will make two assumptions: a)that T.Muller is a 2.BuLi player or b)you're biased against him you're an extremist sometimes either for good or bad, that's all.

I'm not the biggest fan of James for example but I acknowledge that currently he is our only creative player that we rely on offensively excluding Thiago considering that Muller doesn't shine, I want Colombia's poster boy get his fair chances and watch from what he is made for
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga