You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-11-05] Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
83%
It will end in a draw
No votes
TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
17%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2016-11-05] Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim

Postby Roonzil » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:49 pm

#12 wrote:Cause you could see that our Italian-Spanish combo would no way in hell bring us a goal...

It's a definite no-no for me as a fan, to leave the stadium before the final whistle. Whatever the score...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby rthebest » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:22 pm

#12 wrote:Carlo Ancelotti: "We struggled a little at the beginning and failed to shake off Hoffenheim's pressing. In the second half we played with more intensity, attitude and quality. A victory would have been deserved in view of the chances. But that's football, sometimes you just don't get the luck."

You deserve a sack! Satisfied with this shit? You can play lackluster when you lead comfortably!
Last time we didn't concede and scored more than twice seems to be ages ago...

it seems he doesn't prepare the team for games. I bet he still thinks he can win the League easily.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby rthebest » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:25 pm

JANCKER wrote:Other midfielders must be really bad in training when 35 y.o. #14 gets to start every game... so I say that we should go in the market for one, give Carlo 100m in disposition to pick any midfielder he would use ahead of #14.

I thought Sanches was his signing.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby JANCKER » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:31 pm

From where did he know Sanches? He knew him as much as we did... 10% chance that Renato is his signing.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Lukas » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:33 pm

Roonzil wrote:
#12 wrote:Cause you could see that our Italian-Spanish combo would no way in hell bring us a goal...

It's a definite no-no for me as a fan, to leave the stadium before the final whistle. Whatever the score...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Absolutely. However bad the match is. However bad the team is playing. However much you disagree with the team the manager has picked. You stay to the end. It's my no.1 rule as a football fan. There's a reason the players always go to the Ultras at the end of the game whatever the result, they stay to support the team and sing and chant and wave their flags for 90 minutes whatever the score.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby RRiT » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:40 pm

The last minutes were really intense. I hope Carlo is willing to play a 4-4-2 next game for the whole 90 minutes.
Coman was amazing on the right, truly a super-sub, delivered some quality crosses.
Costa is finding his rhythm again, good game.
Hummels was incredible on set pieces, every cross going his way is dangerous.
Thiago continues his good form, our best midfielder today imo.
Robben did what Robben does, held on to the ball really well and his connection with Lewy is improving.
But we have to find a way to deal with the opposition's pressing. It was ridiculous at times, really frustrating
RRiT
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:34 am

Don't get me wrong, I'd never leave!

But to me it was obvious we wouldn't score today... when you've been watching Bayern so long, you get a feeling...

And with this shitty coach we already know about every other game is gonna be like this...

Can some ref please have mercy and red Alonso already?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:38 am

We usually played better 2nd halves than 1st halves this season... they should enter the stadium in the 2nd half. :P A better 2nd half of the season would be appreciated too...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ottackon » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:31 am

I don't give a shit about this Bundesliga campaign after 4 titles in a row, only the CL counts at this stage.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby rthebest » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:49 am

ottackon wrote:I don't give a shit about this Bundesliga campaign after 4 titles in a row, only the CL counts at this stage.

I disagree wining a league defines your season, show your consistency and strengths, UCL is just a an icing on the cake.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Blitzball » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:09 am

MUTU wrote:
Achilles wrote:
MUTU wrote:To all those pointing fingers at Ancelotti, did you seriously expect better from a coach who won 3 leagues in some 20 seasons of coaching top clubs? To all who keep countering this argument by mentioning the Champions League, he also has a poor win record there (by the way, the 3 coaches preceding him at Bayern are in the top 7 of all time). I was against him from the moment he was announced, now he's behaving just as I expected him to. Please, can we have Lahm or Mueller as player-coach? I'd even take Klinsmann back at this rate.

Over exaggeration!

If you find me one single coach in all of football history with a worse win percentage than Ancelotti whilst managing top clubs, I will rest my case. If you think I'm exaggerating, then this should be easy for you to answer. Personally, I can't think of one who's worse.

His three CL-titles are nothing to take into account then?

He has the second highest win% at Real Madrid after Manuel Pellegrini (who managed 71 less games). I guess that only bums have managed Real Madrid before and after him.

He has the third highest win% in Premier League history after Fergie and Mou. I suspect that Mou will drop though considering how bad Man U plays.

It is his tenure in Serie A that is the glaring hole of underachievement. Only one league title in all of those years must be one of the worst career statistics ever. But to his defence he never managed the team with the best squad during this time. He underperformed with Juve but overperformed with AC Milan, with a squad inferior to that of Inter from '05 and on to his departure.

Actually I think that Real Madrid was his first time managing a real super team and succeeded to do what many before him didn't, winning that tenth European title. And there were no shame being the runner-up behind Barca in the 2014-2015 season.

With that said. No, we don't play good but we haven't had a consecutively high level for a long time. It looked exactly like this last fall with poor first halfs and better seconds. The last two seasons our attacking has been lackluster, uninspiring and well - based on crossing from the sides. Ancelotti has not changed much at all. We still don't counter attack. We still have possession as first priority. And we still play with a low level of intensity.

In all honesty the last time we had a longer period of consecutive high level performances was during the first fall with Pep as a manager. Then we dropped in level and consistency during the spring '14 and forward from that point.

The real fault here is our board who wanted our team to play like Barca being impressed with how they played under Pep. That project started with LVG, got toned down by Jupp and went into overdrive with Pep. Possession possession. Short pass after short pass. Sigh. And it seems that we're going to keep this style of play.

This despite the fact that we obliterated this style of play, while crushing Barca in the '13 semi finals. With high intensity, straight forward attacking. Jupp utilized our player's qualities almost perfectly. We're playing the wrong kind of football in relation to the players we have.
Blitzball
First post

Years of membership

Postby ottackon » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:27 am

rthebest wrote:
ottackon wrote:I don't give a shit about this Bundesliga campaign after 4 titles in a row, only the CL counts at this stage.

I disagree wining a league defines your season, show your consistency and strengths, UCL is just a an icing on the cake.

Ancelotti was brought to Munich to win the CL first and foremost.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:30 am

Let aside the fact that no team that fails to win the league may claim to be the best in Europe:

If that is the attitude we have, we're not gonna win anything... Cause if you see what happens on the field you gotta admit we have to be scared of the Wagners, Risses and Oczipcas... Guess what their cumulative CL record is?!
Bottom line: we're not nearly good enough to win the most competitive competition there is...
We gotta watch out to not once again **** up as much as to allow a newbie team to be champions... Actually, in the current form I don't even see us qualifying for another CL season...

And he changed at least one thing Blitzball: he promoted a special-occasion-player that played well for one in ten games to an always-on-player that has yet to show a decebt performance...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Achilles » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:33 am

#12 wrote:Actually, in the current form I don't even see us qualifying for another CL season

:D :D :D :D :lol: :lol:
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:36 am

Laugh all you want, at this early stage we already failed to win as many games at home as we did the last three seasons... And we have yet to play Dortmund,Leipzig, Leverkusen - twice...

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga