You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-03-29] Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
No votes

Total votes : 8

Re: [2014-03-29] Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim

Postby Tedesco » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:25 pm

Pep made a mistake today with this defense
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:25 pm

winning streak record lost, conceded 3 goals, thiago is injured, but on the plus side this should shake off complacency ahead of the match vs Man Utd.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MatZam » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:27 pm

If I was Mueller I would be pissed today. Both Thiago and Goetze off, and still no minutes for him?

At least our undefeated streak is still going.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:27 pm

That was very LvG-ish.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby JJJ » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:28 pm

MatZam wrote:If I was Mueller I would be pissed today. Both Thiago and Goetze off, and still no minutes for him?

At least our undefeated streak is still going.

Müller hasn't started last big games. It is time. :)
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:30 pm

Muller to score hatrick vs manure
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:37 pm

MUTU wrote:winning streak record lost, conceded 3 goals, thiago is injured, but on the plus side this should shake off complacency ahead of the match vs Man Utd.

First points dropped at home too.

Disappointed mostly because it was an avoidable result. I'm convinced we wouldn't have drawn with Neuer in goal. Like I said on chat though, there is nothing to worry about. That defensive combination will never line up together in a significant match.

Flop of the match for me is Starke. Not because he played very bad, because he had some good saves, but because like I said, I think we would have taken 3 points with Neuer. I am sure he would have saved the first goal.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Oh yes, Pep's subs were also not as good as usual today. I think he just wanted to give certain players the right amount of playing time before the Man United game, and wasn't really concerned with the outcome of the game.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:43 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:44 pm

I thought subbing in Mandzukic was not a bad idea. Clearly though, Pep is more interested in the MU game than this.

I'm a little shocked at Contento...he just clearly seems to be lacking quality to play first team here. DVB is just not good enough anymore to play in a high line defense like this, but that's no news really. I think Pep was a little optimistic sending out a defensive lineup like this, especially with Schweini and Thiago as 6s.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:45 pm

We are so good we have to break a record every game, even when we don't win. :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Grimnir » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:47 pm

I actually really enjoyed the match today and I think we played very well. I think the main mistake was to put Starke as the keeper though. At the very least I think the third goal would have been a non-issue for Neuer. The first two Hoffenheim goals were just classy and Salihovic took the freekick brilliantly, though I do think Neuer would have stopped it anyway. Our defense has very often been a mess this season in comparison to last, so I didn't see a big difference today, to be honest. As far as that was concerned I was fine with Guardiola's decision...it was mainly Starke who I think didn't belong there today. Especially against what we already know is the strongest attack in the league next to ours, you can't just discount the likes of Modeste and Volland like that. But I also think Götze should have been replaced by Müller.

Also needs to be said a really great match for Shaqiri today! He's had quite a few great performances lately and he's really gotten some good crosses in from the right too. Hopefully this gets him some more playing time and so we end up keeping him! 8)
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MatZam » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:56 pm

I also can't understand why Starke played today. I think that he does deserve some minutes, but play him against Bremen, Hamburg, Braunschweig, etc... Not against the team with the second best attack in the league!
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:56 pm

Grimnir wrote:I actually really enjoyed the match today and I think we played very well. I think the main mistake was to put Starke as the keeper though. At the very least I think the third goal would have been a non-issue for Neuer. The first two Hoffenheim goals were just classy and Salihovic took the freekick brilliantly, though I do think Neuer would have stopped it anyway. Our defense has very often been a mess this season in comparison to last, so I didn't see a big difference today, to be honest. As far as that was concerned I was fine with Guardiola's decision...it was mainly Starke who I think didn't belong there today. Especially against what we already know is the strongest attack in the league next to ours, you can't just discount the likes of Modeste and Volland like that. But I also think Götze should have been replaced by Müller.

Also needs to be said a really great match for Shaqiri today! He's had quite a few great performances lately and he's really gotten some good crosses in from the right too. Hopefully this gets him some more playing time and so we end up keeping him! 8)

Agreed, and let us not forget that we scored 3 goals as well.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SchwanMunich » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:59 pm

The defense has been a mess this season. We have conceded many, many chances and been lucky not to concede many goals. I think Borusse commented on that and although he chaps my ass from time to time he's right. I think the high line is extremely risky and we've been fortunate. Hopefully we can sort it out. With that being said I'm very happy with our results so far and transitioning to Pep's style was never going to be easy.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga