You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-10-15] Bayern Munich vs Hertha Berlin

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Hertha Berlin will win
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: [2011-10-15] Bayern Munich vs Hertha Berlin

Postby AvatarX » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:21 pm

The end. An easy victory for us and our clean sheet record continues...

Ribery MOM no doubt. 1 goal, 1 penalty won and 2 assists (if I remember correctly)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby uzi716 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:02 pm

I didn't get a chance to watch this game, they start so early and I sleep in Saturdays. But from looking through the thread it looks like we played very well today.

What did the starting XI look like?
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:07 pm

uzi716 wrote:What did the starting XI look like?

Just like this (Bild got it right once more):

20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:09 pm

you can see the starting lineup few pages before this one:)

About our game..

We continue to play as a team and that is the most important thing I love about us this year! Everything is working so good...Our attacking play is just great while our defense is not affected by it.
Must say I love what our coach did and I hope it continues till the end of the season.

Our opponents cant really create a clear cut chance through-out the 90mins...that is just unbelievable!!!
We limit them to maybe having 2-3 shots per match while we are going at their goal with all that we got :)

Today`s game wasnt any different from most of our games this season and it really doesnt matter with which players we play...we could change half of our starting line-up and I would bet we would still play the same:)

12 games without conceding a goal...that is just top-class team defending.

Now let's hope our players wont be too relaxed against Napoli so we can get those 3 points that would guarantee us a place in last 16.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & Euro 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Gomez scored twice again and now has 14 goals in 14 competitive games this season... or 62 from 69 games since the start of last season. Insane =D>

I somehow dont have a feeling he is up there with the likes of Villa, Drogba, Torres, Ibrahimovic, Dzeko etc...

But the record shows he is scoring more goals than any of those up there...and maybe now that Ibrahimovic "got sick of football", Drogba getting old, Torres not himself anymore etc...Gomez is the one who could claim that spot as being the best natural Striker out there.

Maybe he doesnt have the skill of Ibrahimovic, header of Drogba and is not as precise as Villa but he certainly is best in finding space in front of a goal and poaching that ball into the net:)
sch0ll7

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Missed the first 40 minutes unfortunately, but 3-0 up after 13 minutes? That's incredible... definitely doesn't happen often.

sch0ll7 wrote:I somehow dont have a feeling he is up there with the likes of Villa, Drogba, Torres, Ibrahimovic, Dzeko etc...

He is less flashy, this is why no one mentions him as a top striker. But he is up there. His stats show that. He is the most effective of all , and he misses loads of chances.
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:57 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Maybe he doesnt have the skill of Ibrahimovic, header of Drogba and is not as precise as Villa but he certainly is best in finding space in front of a goal and poaching that ball into the net:)

Well, the good thing is that he tries to improve himself. He still has an awful first touch, but now he tries more -and sometimes succeeds to control the ball and dribble the opponents =D>

And I have to agree. His stats -without counting the first year- are really impressive.

It's a good thing that he found his form again after a bit of a bumpy pre-season and first games, cause Petersen doesn't seem ready for the 1st striker and Olic doesn't seem Olic after his injuries, so we almost entirely depending on him.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:03 pm

The good thing is that he is rarely injured and once he hits form he cant stop scoring:)...I am quite sure he will continue to score until the winter break.

I am curious if we will continue to play like this when Robben comes back...something tells me he wont be happy to track back even if everyone else does it..and it could kill our balance. When he comes back I want to see Muller playing as AMC as he always tracks back and will offer more than Kroos when it comes to defending.

let's wait and see how it all turns out.
sch0ll7

Postby supra969 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:21 pm

took a look at ribery's rating at goal.com and all what i have to say is im gutted
when the little scout girl messi scored two goals they gave him an 8.5 while assisting three goals and scoring one isnt enough to match him

{retarded english i know}
i love teams that park the bus
supra969
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CroCHEF » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:35 pm

supra969 wrote:took a look at ribery's rating at goal.com and all what i have to say is im gutted
when the little scout girl messi scored two goals they gave him an 8.5 while assisting three goals and scoring one isnt enough to match him

{retarded english i know}

who care, tz and bild give him 1
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby FCB general » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:55 pm

It is tradicional to underestimate german players, or should I say Bundesliga, and their performances. Rib played magnificent on the field, scored a goal, drive opponent players... His influence in our game was tremendous.

We don't need to get excited about goal.com or other articles and match ratings. [-X

Don Jupp Heynckes!
FCB general
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby supra969 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:01 pm

FCB general wrote:It is tradicional to underestimate german players, or should I say Bundesliga, and their performances. Rib played magnificent on the field, scored a goal, drive opponent players... His influence in our game was tremendous.

We don't need to get excited about goal.com or other articles and match ratings. [-X

+1 for you sir

football websites are jut=st retarded cant wiat to find one that does evreything fairly
i love teams that park the bus
supra969
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Tuga_Bayern » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:00 am

The expression "the best defence is the attack" do sense in Bayern. We are often in the attack and our defenders, don't have many difficults. However, congratz, Neuer, only 1 goal concead, fantastic! =D>
Tuga_Bayern
Getting the hang of it

Postby chardos » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:12 am

I think our top 3 from this match were Boateng, Tymo, and Ribery. I think Boateng is starting to remember how much fun it is to play right back.

I don't know about the rest of you, but it felt rreeeeaaaalllllllyy good watching that first goal slowly roll past Kraft. I still wish the kid the best of luck, but there's something about beating former Bayern players-who-left-of-their-own-accord that feels ... good.
chardos

"That is football, we have seen it in the past. It is not always the better team that have the cup in the end .. It is hard to find words for that, but football is not everything."
-Thomas Müller
chardos
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby quaazi » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:25 am

I took a look at the stats, and there's a clear (and predictable) difference between Tymo and Schweini, that demonstrates how fielding a proper holding midfielder next to Schweini makes him play better (as opposed to Kroos or Pranjic). Firstly, their heatmaps - Schweini was all over the pitch again (not surprising seeing as he once more topped the distance traveled list), while Tymo seemed more... static, not like it's a bad thing, though. Also, the passing percentages - Tymo's passing was 98% accurate - that's two passes missed in the whole game! He constantly provided a steady and composed pass recycling option, leaving Schweini to help out in the offense a lot more without fearing exposure to our rather slow CB pairing (Schweini's passing percentage was 90%, which is still very impressive).

Basically, Jupp is doing very well to field either Gustavo or Tymo next to Schweini at all times - any experiments like van Gaal did will wreck his rhythm. I can't help but feel that this is the case in the international stage too - to stop Germany from conceding so much Löw has to play a proper holding midfielder next to him (one of the Benders, maybe?). Kroos is too suspect in defense and Khedira fits a more possession based game. Löw should seek to emulate Bayern in every way, given our form.

I mean, it's just incredible how Jupp seems to get every decision, every tactical nuance right. We haven't had this kind of coach in some time now.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext