You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-12-02] Bayern Munich vs Hannover 96

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Hannover 96 will win
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2017-12-02] Bayern Munich vs Hannover 96

Postby Ed. » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:48 am

MUTU wrote:Meh @Roonzil & @aterford, agreed to disagreed. For me, the international reputation is far more important. If we win against PSG, we'll show we're still thereabouts.

Yup, agree to agree :) .

Let's put the Budesliga aside for a while. Bayern, an elite club in the CL was humbled by a noveau-riches wannabe. It is time to extract some measure of revenge and also inject some confidence in not only some of the pessimistic fans (yours truly included) but into the players as well. Though PSG may have a better squad, the players need to see that with passion, commitment and intelligence that gap in quality is easily addressable.

More importantly, I think PSG will get a little cocky and probably not field their best XI. I'd be very disappointed if Jupp does not field his best playing XI to start the game. Based on how the game then develops and if a resounding win starts to look unlikely, fair enough, he can bring on the second line early in the second half.

As for the BL, the club is in danger or becoming irrelevant in Europe if most think like @Roonzil & @aterford. Have you guys not been around the last 5 yrs? I can understand reservations of further risk of injury in trying to achieve an improbable task but not investing everything into this game (atleast in the first half) to further the advantage in the BL astonishes me. I'll say it again in this thread, the rest of the field this year is so poor, Bayern can win the BL with 75 points which is margin to lose 5-6 games.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Roonzil » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Honest question: what good does a 1-0 win vs a P$G that doesn't field its best do us?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Roonzil wrote:Honest question: what good does a 1-0 win vs a P$G that doesn't field its best do us?

€1.5m in our coffers, UEFA country coefficients, UEFA club ranking, club prestige, the fact that we'd have equaled the most in-form (and most expensively assembled) club in Europe on points in the CL group.

Honest question: what good does potentially increasing our Bundesliga lead from 3 points to 6 points do us?

Honest question 2: what good does a 1-0 loss vs a P$G that doesn't field its best do us? We'd be the laughing stock of Europe. We absolutely need to win that match, no excuses.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Roonzil » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:18 pm

I honestly do not see how this match can increase our "status", the only upside is the money (which we have enough of, and which won't help injured players) and the coefficient (for which I blame the other GER clubs)

1. You assume Leipzig will lose on the weekend? If we win, we keep the three ahead, which we will potentially need in a busier and more important part of the season to take risks with resting important players.

2. It won't matter, win or lose. Or did you really experience an increase in status after we beat an Atletico who were playing bc they had to?
Laughing stock? Come on, with the injuries we have and the dead rubber this match is, no one is gonna notice what we do. Especially not bc it's a group match...there'll be bigger stories that match day.

She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby aterford » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Yeah....I have to think that we won't be able to field our best squad, either.....I think most are wise enough to recognize that PSG B-team vs Bayern "let's hope we can find 11 healthy players" team won't have much bearing on anything...
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:58 pm

aterford wrote:Yeah....I have to think that we won't be able to field our best squad, either.....I think most are wise enough to recognize that PSG B-team vs Bayern "let's hope we can find 11 healthy players" team won't have much bearing on anything...

Is this not close to a best XI? They'll be available against PSG:

If everyone was available, I'd play Neuer instead of Ulreich, Thiago instead of Vidal/Rudy and Robben instead of Coman. Seems like a pretty strong line-up to me.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:08 pm

Pretty sure we were told half of them would be available weeks ago....I won't hold my breath, haha
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:28 pm

aterford wrote:Pretty sure we were told half of them would be available weeks ago....I won't hold my breath, haha

All of the players I mentioned were in full team training today, with the exception of Lewandowski (not reported to be injured) and I'm not sure regarding Alaba who was doing individual training yesterday. Ribery was also in full training, and could very well feature instead of Coman in my XI above.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ed. » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:09 am

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:Yeah....I have to think that we won't be able to field our best squad, either.....I think most are wise enough to recognize that PSG B-team vs Bayern "let's hope we can find 11 healthy players" team won't have much bearing on anything...

Is this not close to a best XI? They'll be available against PSG:

If everyone was available, I'd play Neuer instead of Ulreich, Thiago instead of Vidal/Rudy and Robben instead of Coman. Seems like a pretty strong line-up to me.

Hmm, we're not going to make much of an impression on PSG's defence without Robben and both James+Muller in the XI.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:08 am

Bayern are a big club with a big squad and despite a few reserves in the starting eleven should be able to win the three points at home against Hannover.

I’d bring Thomas on for the last 15 minutes and Keep Lewandowski on the bench and bring him on if needed. I don’t think James will start after his concussion, let’s rest him for the Paris game.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Roonzil » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:44 pm

America USA wrote:Bayern are a big club with a big squad and despite a few reserves in the starting eleven should be able to win the three points at home against Hannover.

I’d bring Thomas on for the last 15 minutes and Keep Lewandowski on the bench and bring him on if needed. I don’t think James will start after his concussion, let’s rest him for the Paris game.

You are underestimating Hannover greatly.

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Roonzil wrote:
America USA wrote:Bayern are a big club with a big squad and despite a few reserves in the starting eleven should be able to win the three points at home against Hannover.

Could it be that you're overestimating them? We have a streak of 10 victories against them. Few clubs have a record that's so poor against us. We even managed to beat them with Ancelotti as coach. Twice.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:48 pm

MUTU wrote:
Roonzil wrote:

Could it be that you're overestimating them? We have a streak of 10 victories against them. Few clubs have a record that's so poor against us. We even managed to beat them with Ancelotti as coach. Twice.

Except we didn't beat them with Carlo, bc they were in the 2. Bundesliga when we had Carlo....also, I tend to not put value on 'streaks from the past' as squads and coaches will be different.

I might be overestimating them (I tend to do that a lot :P), but playing youth against a side that beat Schalke, and only narrowly lost to RB would be unwise.

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:41 am

Kicker's prediction:

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:40 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga