You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-08-14] Bayern Munich vs Hamburger SV

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
96%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Hamburger SV will win
4%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2015-08-14] Bayern Munich vs Hamburger SV

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:55 pm

I predicted a goal from Costa so happy about him.

Sent from my Lenovo A5000 using Tapatalk
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby theundead » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:55 pm

theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Apart of Bayern fans, I think for the neutral people this first half match were boring for them, because Hamburg defensive strategy. All their players making a wall that cause Bayern to play a horizontal football in the first half.

Hamburg is truly a second division team; even Nottingham (fifth division team) tried to attack us with more determination than this poor opponent.

Second half, Hamburg open little their lines, that was enough for Bayern to find and open holes for attack and safe the entertainment.

Only two things to critic in Bayern are the two yellow cards they received in the first half for stopping two possible counters conceded to Hamburg for a missing pass of Benatia and a deconcentration of Boateng. I don’t want perfectionist but those types of mistakes are not acceptable.

Good win, good for Muller and Lewa score, they are our two best strikers, and extraordinary assist of the left leg player Douglas Costa. Also with Benatia, we are stronger on the offensive and defensive air plays.

Hope Bayern can keep the first overall position since now to the last bundesliga match as they did in the treble season.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby pyrasur » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:23 pm

Damn Rafinha/Costa ruined my prediction. Didn't anyone tell Costa he's supposed to be too unselfish? :evil:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:28 pm

pyrasur wrote:Damn Rafinha/Costa ruined my prediction. Didn't anyone tell Costa he's supposed to be too unselfish? :evil:

Enjoy the goals, forget about prediction, this is why I dont predict bayern results.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby kingbayern » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:33 am

I remember younger mueller who would score a goal but missed alot of chances but I can say what a player he has transformed into...the talent was always there but damn he is really clinal =D>
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:34 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Il li*a l Gvern what a GOAL

:lol: :lol:

I think Alonso justified Pep's selection yesterday. He had a 91% pass completion rate (according to the stats on tv when he was subbed off), Pep didn't hesitate to sub him off before the 60th minute, and he contributed an assist for the first (and most important) goal; heck, we scored from a set piece.

I am all for Alonso playing as long as Pep does not insist on him playing 90 minutes and as long as he doesn't play as horribly as the second half of last season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:10 pm

I don't like Alonso starting every game, but with Javi out, Thiago and Rode coming from injury and with Kimmich and Höjbjerg still making their first steps I don't think it's that bad for this first months. Plus we get to see Lahm and Alaba as fullbacks again :D

This Pep-Alonso thing kind of remind me the old LVG-Van Bommel times. When we all hated Van Bommel because we thought that Tymoshchuk was a much better option, but in the end Van Bommel had an almost world class season and he proved LVG right with his performances.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MoFattal » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:35 pm

To be honest, I understand Pep's choice to start Alonso against defensive teams. His presence in midfield will help reduce counter-attacks because of his good positioning and interceptions. More importantly, his long passes (coupled with the excellent ball control of Costa, Muller, and Robben) are a must against parked buses. Add to that his free-kick crosses/shots which are always the easiest option to break down tight defenses. Then, after our opponent's defenses start to loosen up and the tempo becomes faster, Alonso justifiably gets subbed off and the attacking carnival begins.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:39 pm

MoFattal wrote:To be honest, I understand Pep's choice to start Alonso against defensive teams. His presence in midfield will help reduce counter-attacks because of his good positioning and interceptions. More importantly, his long passes (coupled with the excellent ball control of Costa, Muller, and Robben) are a must against parked buses. Add to that his free-kick crosses/shots which are always the easiest option to break down tight defenses. Then, after our opponent's defenses start to loosen up and the tempo becomes faster, Alonso justifiably gets subbed off and the attacking carnival begins.

Are you sure that with his pace he is the ideal guy to counter counter attacks? I don't think so...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Korab » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:41 pm

MoFattal wrote:To be honest, I understand Pep's choice to start Alonso against defensive teams. His presence in midfield will help reduce counter-attacks because of his good positioning and interceptions. More importantly, his long passes (coupled with the excellent ball control of Costa, Muller, and Robben) are a must against parked buses. Add to that his free-kick crosses/shots which are always the easiest option to break down tight defenses. Then, after our opponent's defenses start to loosen up and the tempo becomes faster, Alonso justifiably gets subbed off and the attacking carnival begins.

Very good idea! Too bad it only works with Hamburgs and similar quality teams.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby burrza » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:05 pm

Any video of our fans from the first half ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
burrza
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Postby MoFattal » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Are you sure that with his pace he is the ideal guy to counter counter attacks? I don't think so...

Pep's method to counter counter-attacks is not dependent on pace. It is dependent on proper positioning and interception abilities of his players to prevent the ball from reaching the "fast" opponent in the first place. If the ball passed, not even Robben as defensive midfielder can prevent the opponents from going through on goal. Alonso is great reader of the game, and is (almost) always at the right place to stop a counter-attack from starting.

Korab wrote:Very good idea! Too bad it only works with Hamburgs and similar quality teams.

... and that is the case I was referring too, albeit considering better, but similarly defensive, teams than Hamburg. And in our case, 90% if not more of the teams we face fall into that category. As for the remaining 10%, I'm not pro-Alonso when it comes to teams that attack (e.g. Barca, Dortmund, etc.) or teams with excellent midfield passers (e.g. Real, Wolfsburg, etc.)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:23 pm

MoFattal wrote:To be honest, I understand Pep's choice to start Alonso against defensive teams. His presence in midfield will help reduce counter-attacks because of his good positioning and interceptions.

As I wrote many times before, I always want to have a defensive midfielder in my starting team for this reason, this type of player support the defenders, specially the centreback and without a Xabi or Javi, seems that exist a hole in the midfield and our CB are more expose.

But with Xabi performance in some important games, I prefer to not defend him in social media, but I also understand Pep for why he still using him at the beginning.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby rthebest » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:58 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
I think Alonso justified Pep's selection yesterday. He had a 91% pass completion rate (according to the stats on tv when he was subbed off), Pep didn't hesitate to sub him off before the 60th minute, and he contributed an assist for the first (and most important) goal; heck, we scored from a set piece.

I am all for Alonso playing as long as Pep does not insist on him playing 90 minutes and as long as he doesn't play as horribly as the second half of last season.

I don't we have anybody in our roster with his passing range. beside every time he plays he give everything to help the team. Yesterday's yellow card is one example. But I agree he is good for max 60 minutes.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga