You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-02-09] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
FC Schalke 04 will win
No votes

Total votes : 17

Re: [2013-02-09] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:28 pm

I think Robben had a pretty decent game. He was very participative and was important in some of the goals we scored. He also had some good moments in defense. Not a great match but it was definitely a solid game from him

Müller wasn't having great games since the winter break but he was important because he assisted or scored. I don't think he had much better games than Robben two days ago
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Jorge » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:29 pm

quaazi wrote:
SilverX wrote: He didn't lay off one goal for Gomez because he went for it, you can't blame him for that.

Can and will.

SilverX wrote:He ended up providing two goals one from the left that found Gomez and Gomez laid it off for Alaba, then when he laid it off to Gomez to score.

Not bringing up the fact he won the free kick Schweini scored from?

Well while I agree that Robben was not as bad as some claim he did not singlehandedly provided these goals. The free kick that he won could have been meaningless if not for Schweinsteiger’s superb execution. Bayern wins many free kicks that far from goal and we seldom give credit to the player winning it. The 3rd goal was more a layoff from Metzelder than anything else, Robben did good breaking free from Toni Kroos’ penetrating pass but Metzelder should have cleared the cross easily.

On the 4th Schweinsteiger’s chip to Robben steals the show although Robben had outstanding chest control and a good touch to Gomez on the fly. If I have to look at Robben’s performance I will go with his pace and energy going forward to destabilize Schalke’s back line more than with his involvement on goals 2 and 3 or the missed chance when he should have pass to Gomez.

In general not as good as Muller (before or after the winter break) but a good performance by Robben.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:35 pm

SilverX wrote:One player that seems very low profile the entire game was Kroos, he didn't really show much but non the less it was a great game.

Actually Toni Kroos was outstanding. He is being dropped tactically next to Schweinsteiger (Jupp is using an inverted triangle like Barcelona) with Martinez on their back and Kroos is instrumental circulating the ball high on the field, recovering, breaking buildup that can lead to counterattacks, his and Schweinsteiger's role allow alot of play on the wings letting Lahm and Alaba overlap more often. Not eye-catching play but if you replay the game and look at it from that perspective you will see how solid Kroos was.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby walter » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:53 pm

I agree with Jorge's comment about Kroos. I also noticed JH's tactical changed that has given Schweini more freedom but also has moved Kroos deeper. Kroos might not have the scoring presence of the first half of the season but he is still playing as good, yet in a slightly different role. And, yes, it is more similar to Barcelona if you guys think about it.

PS. which makes me think Guardiola will be doing the same thing with our midfield:

Kroos---------------------Schweinsteiger
------------Martinez-----------------------
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SilverX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 pm

quaazi wrote:
SilverX wrote: He didn't lay off one goal for Gomez because he went for it, you can't blame him for that.

Can and will.

SilverX wrote:He ended up providing two goals one from the left that found Gomez and Gomez laid it off for Alaba, then when he laid it off to Gomez to score.

Not bringing up the fact he won the free kick Schweini scored from?

You can't and you shouldn't blame Robben for going for goal. We were 3-0 up and a player has every right to try no matter if it was Robben, Gomez, Martinez, Alaba, etc........

He was good in going forward and in defending, as posted above.

I didn't even remember that it was him who was fouled for the Basti free kick. But either way, it was a goal, and its all that mattered.

I just don't understand people on here...the man plays a game does very good for being off for so long and people try to find the smallest bulls*it to pick on just so they can say something Negative involving Robben........ pathetic.....

Every player had a solid performance on the field, and a outstanding performance as a team. No one can say we didn't, otherwise its total rubbish....
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Bundesliga