You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
80%
It will end in a draw
10%
FC Schalke 04 will win
10%

Total votes : 10

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:00 pm

Element wrote:70% of male bayern fans would go gay for Ribery after todays performance and goals

Glad I'm part of those 30%.
I doubt even 70% of gay male Bayern fans would even want to make out with Ribery.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:04 pm

MUTU wrote:I doubt even 70% of gay male Bayern fans would even want to make out with Ribery.

but he surely can but 2 balls where they belong :P ( i mean goals in a football match :wink: )
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Element wrote:but he surely can but 2 balls where they belong

... and have men screaming in joy at the same time ;)

now, enough gay talk please because it is getting weird.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Element wrote:70% of male bayern fans would go gay for Ribery after todays performance and goals :P :twisted:

I am not afraid of my manhood when I say, Ribéry you beautiful man; keep them coming. =D>
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby machkover » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:35 pm

MUTU wrote:
Element wrote:70% of male bayern fans would go gay for Ribery after todays performance and goals

I doubt even 70% of gay male Bayern fans would even want to make out with Ribery.

Maybe they would make out with a certain Gomez . no matter how slow he had played for the last 4/5 games !! :twisted:
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm glad and relieved that Bayern won, although I was angry with so many wasted chances and Ribery's unnecessary yellow card (think about it when Ribery misses an important match because of the 5th yellow card and this one was one that could have been easily avoided).

Although Bayern played well, the problem still persists. Bayern will struggle against defensive/counter attacking teams.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:35 pm

machkover wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Maybe they would make out with a certain Gomez . no matter how slow he had played for the last 4/5 games !! :twisted:

Yep, 2 goals in the last 5 games is slow by his standards.
A striker is referred to as prolific when he scores 0.5+ goals per game

Gomez has only scored 27 goals out of his 33 competitive matches this season. That's 0.82 goals per game. But from the last 5 games he scored only 2, making it 0.4 goals per game. Oh, the horror! We'd better sell him for 0.5 million euros and bring back Hashemian or Roque Santa Cruz!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:38 pm

MaCk0y wrote:I'm glad and relieved that Bayern won, although I was angry with so many wasted chances and Ribery's unnecessary yellow card (think about it when Ribery misses an important match because of the 5th yellow card and this one was one that could have been easily avoided).

Although Bayern played well, the problem still persists. Bayern will struggle against defensive/counter attacking teams.

And that problem will still persist because bayern play with its defensive lines very forward, and for that reason, it is normal to be vulnerable in counter-attack.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby AvatarX » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:43 pm

MUTU wrote:Yep, 2 goals in the last 5 games is slow by his standards.

Actually after winter break, it's 3 goals in the last 8 matches if you include CL / DFB, but it all depends of how you look at it.

Some may say that he has 0 goals in his last 3 matches, which doesn't sound good for a lone striker tbf...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Actually after winter break, it's 3 goals in the last 8 matches if you include CL / DFB, but it all depends of how you look at it.

Some may say that he has 0 goals in his last 3 matches, which doesn't sound good for a lone striker tbf...

Yep, but someone mentioned 5 matches, and in the last 5 matches he has 2, which is not bad.
3 goals in the last 8 matches is 0.375 goals per game which is also close to 0.4 goals per game, so there is not much of a difference.
3 goals isn't a critical case, considering that a certain previous striker (hint: plays for Lazio now :P) scored 4 league goals from 8th March 2009 till 30th June 2011 (49 matches in all)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:02 am

I must admit sometimes I dont like how Gomez plays...he does not have balance, he has first touch of an elephant and cant dribble well.

But hey...the guy is scoring goals and is 3rd most prolific goalscorer in last 3 or 4 seasons...only behind Ronaldo and Messi who won world player of the year award in those years. So the goals speak for Gomez...
Luca Toni was even less of a footballer than Gomez but the man could score...and I also couldnt hide the fact that he scored those 38 [was it?] in a single season.

Maybe we dont have Drogba, Van Persie, Torres, Rooney...but we do have someone who scores as much goals or even more.

I would love to have someone like Higuain, Benzema, Dzeko, Van persie which are all top strikers...but than again would they score more goals than Gomez did in last 2 seasons? Maybe not.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby AvatarX » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:04 am

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:I wonder if it's a possibility for Breno to play as the defensive-minded RB once he's recovered from injury. He was the RCD in a 3-man defence in Brazil, so perhaps he could play that position. Of course, that would mean that the RM (Robben/Mueller) would have weakened support.

If anything I would try turning Contento into a RB. But I think that Rafinha's best for Bayern is yet to come

Rafinha looked good at the start of the season, but then his defensive weaknesses started becoming more apparent and it's no wonder that Genoa were playing him mostly in midfield. Contento is a left back who hasn't proven anything in his career. At RB, chances are he'd be much worse than Rafinha, especially until he adapts to the new position. At this stage of the season, we cannot afford to retrain him in a new position.

If we're playing Contento, I'd rather he plays as LB with Lahm at RB.

I think Rafinha is pretty decent for RB. He was caught out of position at times, but I think this is due to style we play with fullbacks (more as a RWB and LWB). Lahm also was caught out of position many times too (and we have conceded goals). In any case, I think Rafinha as RB and Lahm as LB is the best we can have with the players we have.

Breno is a burnt-out (almost literally :P) case IMO, and Contento apart from his speed haven't shown anything that he can be something more than a backup for us.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:11 am

MUTU wrote:

Yep, but someone mentioned 5 matches, and in the last 5 matches he has 2, which is not bad.
3 goals in the last 8 matches is 0.375 goals per game which is also close to 0.4 goals per game, so there is not much of a difference.
3 goals isn't a critical case, considering that a certain previous striker (hint: plays for Lazio now :P) scored 4 league goals from 8th March 2009 till 30th June 2011 (49 matches in all)

Yes, but you have to admit that 0 goals in the last 3 matches doesn't sound good ... Problem is that with under-performing Olic and Petersen we don't really have another option in attack, so we should pray that he will start to score again. We are too depended on Gomez form right now ...

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:20 am

MUTU wrote:
AvatarX wrote:Actually after winter break, it's 3 goals in the last 8 matches if you include CL / DFB, but it all depends of how you look at it.

Yes, but you have to admit that 0 goals in the last 3 matches doesn't sound good ... Problem is that with under-performing Olic and Petersen we don't really have another option in attack, so we should pray that he will start to score again. We are too depended on Gomez form right now ...

Of course 0 goals in the last 3 matches doesn't look good, but which top striker never went on a 3 match non-scoring spree? Subbing him out won't work. Time and time again it was proven that Gomez thrives on confidence, just like Makaay was. Subbing him out, especially when there was no risk, was really unnecessary from Heynckes. If he wanted to bring on Olic, he should have switched to 4-4-2, maybe that way Olic would have been able to feed Gomez more balls. Now we have seen a harmless Olic and we also have an unconfident Gomez. Furthermore, the score remained at 2-0.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Let us just be honest and admit that besides yesterday, our ENTIRE forward line was not exactly up to form lately. Given that, we cannot expect miracles from any of our strikers. Then again, those are exactly the games where our strikers should be helping create chances, something I have not seen Gomez do since, well, since Germany last played Uruguay in a friendly.

I am kind of curious as to how is Gomez and Robben contract renewals affecting their performances. I really hate to say it, but Robben's performance yesterday was downright annoying. Gomez's? I think I saw him on the stands with that bunch that celebrated that first goal with Ribéry...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga