You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
8
80%
It will end in a draw
1
10%
FC Schalke 04 will win
1
10%
 
Total votes : 10

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:31 pm

It wasn't a good week for Gomez, because he wasted many good chance of score against basel and Schalke, but it isn't a reason to bench him. He is the best forward of Germany and one of the best in the world.

He saved bayern too many times, especially in those moments, where bayern had trouble to create attacks, like in Wolfsburg and Kaiserlautern games, where bayern had no idea to generate attack, and Gomez,in only one opportunity,scored to secure 3 points.

If someone wants to bench a player, first of all, you must have to see Muller, Robben, Alaba or Kroos, because those players was not in the level that we expected for them.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!


DANKE JUPP!
User avatar
RAJBAYERN
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:31 pm

We have let in just 1 goal in our last 5 matches. Way to go, defence! I'm really starting to like the Badstuber-Boateng pairing. Lahm is great as always. Rafinha is the weakest link. Seems like we've had problems with that RB position ever since Sagnol retired, because even when LvG was playing Lahm as RB he wasn't playing as good as he plays at LB.

I wonder if it's a possibility for Breno to play as the defensive-minded RB once he's recovered from injury. He was the RCD in a 3-man defence in Brazil, so perhaps he could play that position. Of course, that would mean that the RM (Robben/Mueller) would have weakened support.
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19750
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 2667 times
Been thanked: 2880 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:38 pm

MUTU wrote:We have let in just 1 goal in our last 5 matches. Way to go, defence! I'm really starting to like the Badstuber-Boateng pairing. Lahm is great as always. Rafinha is the weakest link. Seems like we've had problems with that RB position ever since Sagnol retired, because even when LvG was playing Lahm as RB he wasn't playing as good as he plays at LB.

I wonder if it's a possibility for Breno to play as the defensive-minded RB once he's recovered from injury. He was the RCD in a 3-man defence in Brazil, so perhaps he could play that position. Of course, that would mean that the RM (Robben/Mueller) would have weakened support.


Today, Ribery and defense were the best players of bayern.

I disagree with those people who think that bayern weakness is in the defense. For me the bayern weakness is in the midfielders, because those players allow the opponents to attack by making bad passes and without ideas and alternative to made trouble to a good defensive line.

The defense, especially against basel, saved bayern of many mistakes created by the midfielders.
Last edited by RAJBAYERN on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!


DANKE JUPP!
User avatar
RAJBAYERN
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby ronnie98 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:39 pm

MUTU wrote:
Of course, it is the poacher's responsibility to be at the right place at the right time and create chances for himself, but when the build-up is so slow that it allows the opposing team to double-mark and sometimes even triple-mark Gomez, it isn't exactly easy to score from such a situation.

At the start of the season, it seemed like the team was build around him. Now the team has abandoned him. It's either fix the team or change Gomez. But Olic and Petersen are definitely not able to fill in his shoes.


We don't need a poacher, if we want to play similar to barcelona.
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:36 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:41 pm

MUTU wrote:I wonder if it's a possibility for Breno to play as the defensive-minded RB once he's recovered from injury. He was the RCD in a 3-man defence in Brazil, so perhaps he could play that position. Of course, that would mean that the RM (Robben/Mueller) would have weakened support.


If anything I would try turning Contento into a RB. But I think that Rafinha's best for Bayern is yet to come
In Pep I trust
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19861
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 3908 times
Been thanked: 2361 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:43 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:I disagree with those people who think that bayern weakness is in the defense. For me the bayern weakness is in the midfielders, because those players allow the opponents to attack by making bad passes and without ideas and alternative to make trouble to a good defensive line.

The defense, especially against basel, saved bayern of many mistakes created by the midfielders.

Agreed! The midfield is weak because it is unstable. And it is unstable for two reasons:
1) Schweinsteiger's injury. He is inspirational to the team, and it's obvious that the squad misses him
2) Heynckes' persistence to rotate players in midfield virtually every match and not giving them time to settle down. Our rotation in midfield happens far more frequently than our goalkeeper+defence+attack put together. I know there are injuries and players in need of a rest, but sometimes I think Heynckes may be overdoing it, especially with Gustavo & Tymoshchuk.
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19750
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 2667 times
Been thanked: 2880 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:46 pm

ronnie98 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Of course, it is the poacher's responsibility to be at the right place at the right time and create chances for himself, but when the build-up is so slow that it allows the opposing team to double-mark and sometimes even triple-mark Gomez, it isn't exactly easy to score from such a situation.

At the start of the season, it seemed like the team was build around him. Now the team has abandoned him. It's either fix the team or change Gomez. But Olic and Petersen are definitely not able to fill in his shoes.


We don't need a poacher, if we want to play similar to barcelona.

Perhaps we don't want to play similar to Barcelona. Besides, if Gomez played as a sole striker with Barcelona, he'd have double the goals he has now because they'd create much more chances for him. If we manage to play very fast one-touch football, Gomez will be scoring so much more.
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19750
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 2667 times
Been thanked: 2880 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:48 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:I wonder if it's a possibility for Breno to play as the defensive-minded RB once he's recovered from injury. He was the RCD in a 3-man defence in Brazil, so perhaps he could play that position. Of course, that would mean that the RM (Robben/Mueller) would have weakened support.


If anything I would try turning Contento into a RB. But I think that Rafinha's best for Bayern is yet to come

Rafinha looked good at the start of the season, but then his defensive weaknesses started becoming more apparent and it's no wonder that Genoa were playing him mostly in midfield. Contento is a left back who hasn't proven anything in his career. At RB, chances are he'd be much worse than Rafinha, especially until he adapts to the new position. At this stage of the season, we cannot afford to retrain him in a new position.

If we're playing Contento, I'd rather he plays as LB with Lahm at RB.
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19750
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 2667 times
Been thanked: 2880 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:55 pm

MUTU wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:I disagree with those people who think that bayern weakness is in the defense. For me the bayern weakness is in the midfielders, because those players allow the opponents to attack by making bad passes and without ideas and alternative to make trouble to a good defensive line.

The defense, especially against basel, saved bayern of many mistakes created by the midfielders.

The midfield is weak because it is unstable. And it is unstable for two reasons:
1) Schweinsteiger's injury. He is inspirational to the team, and it's obvious that the squad misses him
2) Heynckes' persistence to rotate players in midfield virtually every match and not giving them time to settle down. Our rotation in midfield happens far more frequently than our goalkeeper+defence+attack put together. I know there are injuries and players in need of a rest, but sometimes I think Heynckes may be overdoing it, especially with Gustavo & Tymoshchuk.


I agree with you. But for me those rotations that occur in the midfield is a consequence of the inconsistencies of those players. Heynckes, like Van Gaal in the last season, is unable to find the best formation.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!


DANKE JUPP!
User avatar
RAJBAYERN
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby ronnie98 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:58 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:It wasn't a good week for Gomez, because he wasted many good chance of score against basel and Schalke, but it isn't a reason to bench him. He is the best forward of Germany and one of the best in the world.

He saved bayern too many times, especially in those moments, where bayern had trouble to create attacks, like in Wolfsburg and Kaiserlautern games, where bayern had no idea to generate attack, and Gomez,in only one opportunity,scored to secure 3 points.

If someone wants to bench a player, first of all, you must have to see Muller, Robben, Alaba or Kroos, because those players was not in the level that we expected for them.


are you kidding?? alaba and especially robben created lots of chances 2 of them where for muller who could not know how to aim at goal.. kroos has lots of advantages over muller such as passing and shooting but also muller is more dynamic and faster so its hard to choose between the two. Robbery are a must for any team and imo more important than gomez
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:36 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby ronnie98 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:10 pm

MUTU wrote:Perhaps we don't want to play similar to Barcelona. Besides, if Gomez played as a sole striker with Barcelona, he'd have double the goals he has now because they'd create much more chances for him. If we manage to play very fast one-touch football, Gomez will be scoring so much more.


its really hard to picture that in my mind :o gomez at barcelona :shock: any player with a team as barcelona would have more opportunities to score. Do you really think gomez is one the best strikers in the world??? imo there are a LOT of strikers who would own gomez while poaching :lol:
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:36 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:16 pm

ronnie98 wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:It wasn't a good week for Gomez, because he wasted many good chance of score against basel and Schalke, but it isn't a reason to bench him. He is the best forward of Germany and one of the best in the world.

He saved bayern too many times, especially in those moments, where bayern had trouble to create attacks, like in Wolfsburg and Kaiserlautern games, where bayern had no idea to generate attack, and Gomez,in only one opportunity,scored to secure 3 points.

If someone wants to bench a player, first of all, you must have to see Muller, Robben, Alaba or Kroos, because those players was not in the level that we expected for them.


are you kidding?? alaba and especially robben created lots of chances 2 of them where for muller who could not know how to aim at goal.. kroos has lots of advantages over muller such as passing and shooting but also muller is more dynamic and faster so its hard to choose between the two. Robbery are a must for any team and imo more important than gomez



Gomez can be the less dynamic and faster of all of them, but he can score, unlike Robben, Kroos and Muller. And for that reason is that I saw very stupid , when someone want to bench our best shooter.

One of the major problems that bayern had these years, especially against Monchengladbach, Wolfsburg, Kaiserlautern and Freiburg was in the lack of ideas in the attack. And that is their fault.

Today against Schalke, bayern create many chances but only Ribery scored. We depend of him today. Against Basel, bayern waste many chance too, but most of them by Ribery.

Gomez had a bad week, but his general performance in these season was better than Muller, Kroos and Robben.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!


DANKE JUPP!
User avatar
RAJBAYERN
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby The Spyware » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:19 pm

MUTU wrote:We have let in just 1 goal in our last 5 matches.


in the four with the clean sheet Gustavo played the full 90 minutes :)
Image
User avatar
The Spyware
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2674
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Egypt
National Flag:
Egypt
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 163 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby Element » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:40 pm

The Spyware wrote:in the four with the clean sheet Gustavo played the full 90 minutes

and Boateng-Badstuber as CB too so this trio is doing its job


only watched the goals , couldnt watch them game

but i ahve one interesting STAT... 70% of male bayern fans would go gay for Ribery after todays performance and goals :P :twisted:
User avatar
Element
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17185
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 2:40 pm
Location: Somewhere on Google Earth
National Flag:
Jordan
Has thanked: 469 times
Been thanked: 743 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Element wrote:
The Spyware wrote:in the four with the clean sheet Gustavo played the full 90 minutes

and Boateng-Badstuber as CB too so this trio is doing its job


only watched the goals , couldnt watch them game

but i ahve one interesting STAT... 70% of male bayern fans would go gay for Ribery after todays performance and goals :P :twisted:

He was simulating the conception of his children on the pitch today :P
Image
User avatar
AssemFCB
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Egypt
National Flag:
Egypt
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 610 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Element, Yahoo! [Bot] and 1 guest