You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
80%
It will end in a draw
10%
FC Schalke 04 will win
10%

Total votes : 10

Re: [2012-02-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:48 pm

ronnie98 wrote:Its insane to put rafinha!!! move lahm to the right and alaba to LB, Jupp do anything to not include rafinha

No more players out of position please. Alaba is a midfielder. Central or winger, but midfielder. Until Contento is not available i prefer playing Rafinha.
Otherwise, we're at LvG era. Tymo as RB? #-o
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Zer0 Bayern wrote:
ronnie98 wrote:Its insane to put rafinha!!! move lahm to the right and alaba to LB, Jupp do anything to not include rafinha

No more players out of position please. Alaba is a midfielder. Central or winger, but midfielder.

Agreed on this part. It seems some people have forgotten about the performances of Alaba as a left back...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Zer0 Bayern wrote:What about a 4-4-2?

I will like to see 4-4-2. And my reason is that Muller is not playing well and Kroos can distribute the ball , but he is not very creative in the attack. He can 't make trouble to a good defensive line.

Two forward can increase the alternative and options in the attack. Also can create more problems for the defensive opponents.

One of the major problems, that I saw against Basel is that Robben and Ribery was playing very alone on their side, without any partner to pass the ball. So they abuse in individual plays. With two forward, they can have more options to create plays.

Alaba got his chance and he failed. Right now Olic deserves an opportunity.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby walter » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:39 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:No idea what kind of lineup we are going to put out for this one...

According to kicker.de and bundesliga.de:

Neuer - Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Lahm - Luiz Gustavo, Kroos - Robben, T. Müller, Ribery - Gomez

I wont put a blame on Heynckes if this is our starting lineup and we don't perform. I would drop Gomez though, but I don't know how Olic is doing in training. The key change needed is Muller as CAM and Kroos dropped to CM. Kroos cannot split open any defense.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:30 pm

walter wrote:
MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:No idea what kind of lineup we are going to put out for this one...

According to kicker.de and bundesliga.de:

Neuer - Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Lahm - Luiz Gustavo, Kroos - Robben, T. Müller, Ribery - Gomez

I wont put a blame on Heynckes if this is our starting lineup and we don't perform. I would drop Gomez though, but I don't know how Olic is doing in training. The key change needed is Muller as CAM and Kroos dropped to CM. Kroos cannot split open any defense.

I usually agree with your posts, but I completely disagree with you on this one. Mario Gomez is the most prolific Bayern player since Gerd Mueller and should NOT be dropped. Kroos has some excellent through balls. In fact, he is the top assist provider this season with 12 assists (Mueller and Ribery are tied on 10 assists each).
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby michel » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:52 pm

I agree with the people who require a 4-4-2. It would allow to insert Olic as a starter, and change the tactics.
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:57 pm

michel wrote:I agree with the people who require a 4-4-2. It would allow to insert Olic as a starter, and change the tactics.

Much as I want it too, I don't think it will happen. This will show frailty from Heynckes, who was quoted as saying "I will never change the system" less than a week ago.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Apparently according to goal.com, our players were given the day off yesterday. So no excuses. Physically we should have a huge advantage.

As for Kroos, I like him at CAM but I like him much more at CM. We need someone like Muller or Alaba at CAM. They are faster.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Bild.de's formation:

Kroos on the bench :shock:

Source: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayer ... .bild.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:38 pm

The three Schalke doubtful players Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Christian Fuchs and Chinedu Obasi took part in Sunday's final training and will be available to play tomorrow.

Source: http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 15195.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:41 pm

Coach Jupp Heynckes has demanded Bayern Munich work together to bounce back from their Champions League defeat in Basel by beating Schalke in the Bundesliga today to get their season back on track. “We must all pull together in one direction,” said Heynckes after his players argued in Basel.

“The team spirt is the most important thing, we need to be united as quickly as possible. We must find the team spirit to succeed. “It’s very important we communicate more on the field. “That’s what I mean by teamwork, we have to talk to each other and support each other much more.

“The only way to compete at the highest level of football is with the team as a whole. And all the pieces have to fall into place.”

Bayern were beaten 1-0 at FC Basel on Wednesday in the Champions League Round of 16 first-leg clash and face an uphill battle for the return at Munich’s Allianz Arena on March 13.
The players were seen to argue after Basel scored their late goal with both Germany’s Thomas Mueller and Holger Badstuber blaming the other for not shutting down the move which led to Basel’s Valentin Stocker scoring the winner.

Bayern have won just three of their last seven games and their goalless draw at Freiburg last Saturday saw them slip to third in the German league and are four points behind leaders Dortmund.

Source: http://main.omanobserver.om/node/84717
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby eliasov » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:22 am

Kroos must play instead of Alaba , and it's good to put Mueller as #10 he's more Dynamic and much quicker than kroos .. i think this Basel Shock will make a positive impact on the team and will help to win the 3pts , it's a shame that we have no good players on our bench but Olic and heynckess use him like 3 mins of the match .. We must try to score an early goal and everything will be ok !!
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:40 am

With Gladbach missing points, t's a rare opportunity to bounce back. We should not miss it and achieve a convincing win.

I am in favor of Gustavo or Tymo + Kroos as CDM/CM, as this was the combo that worked out the last time Schweini injured. Also with this combo it's pretty easy to change during a game to a 4-1-4-1, with Kroos moving alongside Muller and Gustavo or Tymo staying as alone CDM.

Also despite his recent bad performances, I wouldn't drop Gomez, especially for Olic who IMO hasn't performed that good...

The main thing is that our players should stay focused and win that one. IMO this game is almost do or die for our team, cause a lose today could break our morale and jeopardize our targets for this year. I am sure that Schalke players will give their 110% to take 1 or more points but we have the quality to win them.

Go Bayern !!!
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby lau03143 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:56 pm

MUTU wrote:Bild.de's formation:

Kroos on the bench :shock:

Source: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayer ... .bild.html

Brave having Kroos on the bench if this is the case!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MoFattal » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:17 pm

If JH doesn't want Kroos as a CM, then I will certainly agree with him being benched so that Muller can occupy the CAM position.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga