You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-02-04] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
60%
It will end in a draw
20%
FC Schalke 04 will win
20%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2017-02-04] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
rthebest wrote:What is the point of substituting fullbacks?

This. Such a waste at that stage

Overlaps and crosses. We looked better when they came on. If we had two extra minutes, we'd likely have scored.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:32 pm

rthebest wrote:
Coman wrote:
#12 wrote:Müller worked fine for 8 years with three coaches...

We need a **** coach and not some fatass who is just here to get stuffed...

True.

We're not playing football with Ancelotti, so Müller can't be great in this Bayern.

Agree, it is not only Muller who doesn't perform well. Alaba , Costa, Coman ,Vidal ,and Boateng (when he was fit) are as bad as Muller.

Mmm? Alaba had plenty of good games, perhaps not at his best, but certainly far from Müller.
Costa is as good as he is, not better, not worse.
A little unfair to Coman and Boateng who barely played any at all.

Müller is easily the most out of shape player at the moment. He offered a little more today (at least he managed to get himself into position a couple of times), but still not good enough to justify a spot on the pitch.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Watch arsenal performance with chelsea. Dont worry we are fine. Bayern is the most underrated team right now.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:34 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Overlaps and crosses. We looked better when they came on. If we had two extra minutes, we'd likely have scored.

It's no secret they're better. Should have started them in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:35 pm

I think it was fair to expect a much better start in the second half of the season, but oddly it has been worse than Carlo's first days. I don't know how much more time we can afford to start playing at the Bayern level. A team with better individuals than Schalke's would have punished us today with all those empty spaces afforded. That is not to mention the two wrongly called offsides that had them through on goal on both occasions. The 1-1 result is more than fair in my opinion, and with Schalke's recent form in mind, that's something to worry about.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Effenberg777 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:37 pm

We will need them to play in UCL finals not with shalke . If we dont use bernat costa coman sanchez in this games then when.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby Achilles » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:38 pm

The conceded goal is on Neuer! The final result on Neuer and finishing, we could have scored at least 3 goals but either lack of finishing either brainfarts got the job done! Robben had the worst game of the season, Kolasinac ate him alive!

Ancelotti's only mistake was the heavy rotation, since we got freshed up with Alaba and Lahm the goal seemed like it was a matter of time, he overdid it there but seriously even with Raf and Bernat enough chances were created to score! Today the players lost the points!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:39 pm

MUTU wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:I still maintain Alonslow is not offering enough and is just holding Vidal back who'd have a lot more to offer than just being a simple destroyer.

I think Alonso was one of the better players today. He should've had an assist too. Not his fault if anyone who's not Lewandowski can't hit the side of a barn.

For me, he's Mr. Mediocre. More often than not he's not bad, but not good enough either. Someone with similar workrate to Vidal (Thiago right?) would allow Vidal to actually play box-to-box, rather than sit deep and do nothing but defend. We are willing to accept that he's slow, not able to defend, often caught out being too high on the pitch pressing, in exchange for some magical playmaking ability everyone seems to be crediting him. #-o

Vidal is hardly getting into the box anymore, even though he actually has pretty good finishing and managed to score some important goals last season. Surely it wouldn't hurt to try playing Vidal/Kimmich or Vidal/Thiago? Do you think it would be much worse than this?
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:39 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:We will need them to play in UCL finals not with shalke . If we dont use bernat costa coman sanchez in this games then when.

Only at home and against the like of Friburg, Augsburg, Bremen, Darmstadt, Hamburg, Ingolstadt, Mainz.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby rthebest » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:40 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

More crosses is natural at the end when you need to score. We looked better because schalke was tired.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:42 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:
MUTU wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:I still maintain Alonslow is not offering enough and is just holding Vidal back who'd have a lot more to offer than just being a simple destroyer.

I think Alonso was one of the better players today. He should've had an assist too. Not his fault if anyone who's not Lewandowski can't hit the side of a barn.

For me, he's Mr. Mediocre. More often than not he's not bad, but not good enough either. Someone with similar workrate to Vidal (Thiago right?) would allow Vidal to actually play box-to-box, rather than sit deep and do nothing but defend. We are willing to accept that he's slow, not able to defend, often caught out being too high on the pitch pressing, in exchange for some magical playmaking ability everyone seems to be crediting him. #-o

Vidal is hardly getting into the box anymore, even though he actually has pretty good finishing and managed to score some important goals last season. Surely it wouldn't hurt to try playing Vidal/Kimmich or Vidal/Thiago? Do you think it would be much worse than this?

The best XI we can field right now.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MoFattal » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:42 pm

ottackon wrote:That's a good result for the Bundesliga, but I'm afraid Leipzig will lose against Dortmund,which will increase our lead at the top of the table.

I understand your point of view and I do agree that a more competitive Bundesliga is better for us on the long run, but currently I think we should care only about getting our game back to the expected standards rather than looking at how other teams do.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ottackon » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ottackon wrote:I'm not satisfied with this performance either, but I'd rather have a competitive and undecided league than to have 20 points ahead of the second in January with plenty of useless games to come.

Me too but I'd prefer getting beaten by the other team's merit than because we suck. Ee haven't had a single good game in 2017 and now Arsenal is very near. It's worrying

It's the principle of communicating vessels, Bayern are playing poorly and the other teams might seize their chance or not, that's where the merit lies, but anyway, as long as we don't win the Champions League once again, critics will never stop.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Effenberg777 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:43 pm

Coman wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:We will need them to play in UCL finals not with shalke . If we dont use bernat costa coman sanchez in this games then when.

Only at home and against the like of Friburg, Augsburg, Bremen, Darmstadt, Hamburg, Ingolstadt, Mainz.

Exactly . Coman you are the most underrated user of the forum . Spot on always.
Jancker and #12 are trolls.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:43 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

The problem with 3 like-for-like changes is that you are basically relying on
- the players being more fresh
- the subbed-in players being that much better in quality compared to the ones you are subbing out

It also suggests that Carlo didn't really have any other ideas (tactically). He basically tried to do the same thing, but with better quality players.

Carlo was actually kind of right, but that questions why he decided to start Bernat and Rafinha at the same time in the first place.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga