You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
10
91%
It will end in a draw
0
No votes
FC Schalke 04 will win
1
9%
 
Total votes : 11

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:27 pm

MUTU wrote:I've seen complaints from the referee but I don't understand them. Let's look at the controversial decisions:

1) Red card & penalty awarded to Schalke: fair, good decision
2) No injury time at the end of the 1st half with Schalke on the attack: Schalke felt unjustified
3) Lewandowski goal disallowed for Bayern: consulted the linesman and disallowed based on his opinion. Would have been almost impossible for the referee to correctly judge it without totally guessing, so he had to rely on his linesman.
4) No injury time at the end of the 2nd half with Bayern on the attack: Bayern felt unjustified.

The lack of injury time at the end of both halves neutralised each other out. The only bad decision taken was the linesman's fault.

Personally think the ball went completely over the line.

Sent from Neo N003
User avatar
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:46 pm
Location: Malta
Has thanked: 1714 times
Been thanked: 1403 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:33 pm

My question is: what would have happened in 2012/13 had we suffered so many injuries? What would Heynckes have done?

People keep saying that Pep is stubborn and wants to turn everyone into a midfielder but I don't see the reason for complaining. It is an undeniable fact that players he has moved, like Lahm and Alaba, have done brilliantly and that some of these moves were necessitated because of players like Bernat, who are playing too well to be dropped. If Alaba was kept at LB we'd probably be reading comments about how Pep is ruining Bernat's career.

Some changes were forced. People seem to ignore that we have been in a very bad injury crisis all season. Other changes took place before the need to do so but we should be thanking our lucky stars they did because if our players weren't so used to playing different roles we'd be in a much worse situation now that we're forced to do so.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31147
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8769 times
Been thanked: 7367 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:09 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Personally think the ball went completely over the line.

95% of ball was outside and not inside. I see this completely pointless when it's obvious fact that we scored right after that disallowed goal and then back to corner kick. About that people can that: "U kurac! Misski has finally scored". But he hasn't.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:My question is: what would have happened in 2012/13 had we suffered so many injuries? What would Heynckes have done?

It's 2015, no more 2012-2013. Injuries are irrelevant. The fact is, Bayern performed far better during the autumn without many key players and now when couple of players are back, you see neither nice football nor results.

The point is - Guardiola isn't improving and that's the problem. The fact named Bundesliga is the main reason why he is so successful, but Wolfsburg exactly repeated Real Madrid which means - no improvement. I don't think that Jupp has still room to compare with.
What Jupp did it's that he completely raped and destroyed Guardiola's legacy and Barcelona football school with attractive, dominant and efficient, all in one football which you couldn't see for almost decade after Barcelona 2004-2007, though, that Ronnie's Barca wasn't so convincing on all fronts. It's so stupid to repeat it when it's behind us almost 2 years.

Guardiola is stubborn, Guardiola is the best coach in the world and of course you want to see more than in 2012-2013. We can't speak about crisis, yet. However... Time is running out, March is approaching and you have 3 weeks to prepare what you couldn't do in your first season. Okay, people swallowed it back in May, but no more.

When you spend immediately after you came to Bayern and this summer as well, you can't offer excuses. Chubby was defended many times and now when so much time has past, we see what's going on with him, i.e. nothing special is going on and that's become annoying. If you don't know what or how to do, if you don't have PLAN B(what he didn't have back in Barcelona period), then you're in on one very close step to deep shít, because you won't have enough time.

Guardiola has more than enough players to play very good football at this moment despite injuries, but it's either problem with players shape or lack of solutions or players simply can't produce what you want. There are summer and winter transfer periods, you have money and board support, I don't see what you gonna do. Your job is to win, if you can't win, at least play great while you losing. If you can't do nothing of mentioned and you're struggling despite everything and absolute lack of domestic competition... You are ready to face trouble in March.

No bad arrows shot to him, just facts. Time is running, not standing and waiting for someone or somebody. Lewanmisski brought nothing to Bayern and that's horrible. Gomez and Mandžukić couldn't fit to playing system, then the Polish striker can. So far, he can't do nothing more than the mentioned two, even worse... He can't become a hero by scoring in 1-on-1 situations, empty goal, etc. what those guys score. What can he do? What can our coach figure out about this problem? The same goes for Chubby's problem.

We can and we shall remain with our Bayern, now and in next 10 years. But what's currently going on is not good. There's still 3 weeks left if those mid-season preparations were complete miss. After that if nothing changes, so God help you Bayern.
Last edited by FCB general on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cada loco con su tema.
User avatar
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6591
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Red Cross
Has thanked: 2690 times
Been thanked: 2897 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:09 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
MUTU wrote:I've seen complaints from the referee but I don't understand them. Let's look at the controversial decisions:

1) Red card & penalty awarded to Schalke: fair, good decision
2) No injury time at the end of the 1st half with Schalke on the attack: Schalke felt unjustified
3) Lewandowski goal disallowed for Bayern: consulted the linesman and disallowed based on his opinion. Would have been almost impossible for the referee to correctly judge it without totally guessing, so he had to rely on his linesman.
4) No injury time at the end of the 2nd half with Bayern on the attack: Bayern felt unjustified.

The lack of injury time at the end of both halves neutralised each other out. The only bad decision taken was the linesman's fault.

Personally think the ball went completely over the line.

Sent from Neo N003

Maybe you should get your eyes checked :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31306
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5508 times
Been thanked: 8224 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:23 pm

FCB general wrote:Lewanmisski brought nothing to Bayern and that's horrible. Gomez and Mandžukić couldn't fit to playing system, then the Polish striker can. So far, he can't do nothing more than the mentioned two, even worse... He can't become a hero by scoring in 1-on-1 situations, empty goal, etc. what those guys score. What can he do? What can our coach figure out about this problem?

In his first season, Mario Gomez scored 14 goals in 45 matches (including a penalty against SpVgg Neckarelz). That's 0.31 goals per game.
In his first season, Mandzukic scored 21 goals in 39 matches (0.54 goals per game).
So far, Lewandowski has played in 25 matches and scored 10 goals (0.4 goals per game). I think we need to give Robert some time. It's not easy for a striker in his first season. I'm disappointed too, but confident he'll come around.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31306
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5508 times
Been thanked: 8224 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby JANCKER » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:43 pm

This is probably the best team we ever had... we have expectations with a right.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17570
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9154 times
Been thanked: 8461 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:55 pm

With 10 men against talented players , I think we did alright. It was a good test. I say test because as long as we win the bundesliga, which we will, it almost becomes 2nd fiddle to the CL.
Obviously we have deficiencies vs the counter attack and need some adjusting there. I'm gonna say we always had these problems before, because if you play such a high line it can obviously happen, but we didn't really notice it because we rarely lost the ball.
Solutions may be keep one defender deeper irregardless of attack, man marking even with possession, or as my kooky father comments (he hates bayern) tactical fouls when we lose the ball.
I see us trying more lob passes over the defense back line which is an interesting thing. I would also like to see trying to throw more bodies into the box with flanking and have a midfielder at the PB circle always when the ball springs out
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
User avatar
DerKaiser
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:37 pm
Location: Munich
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 877 times
Been thanked: 638 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:18 pm

DerKaiser wrote:I say test because as long as we win the bundesliga, which we will, it almost becomes 2nd fiddle to the CL.

I don't think it "almost becomes" 2nd fiddle. I say it always was and always remains, irrespective of whether or not we win the Bundesliga. Management often talk about the Bundesliga being our "bread and butter" and try to pump up its importance, but what really matters is not what the management say but what the players are determined to win. For as long as I can remember, Bayern always step up a gear and look far more motivated in the Champions League than the Bundesliga. For the players, the Bundesliga is indeed 2nd fiddle, whether management like it or not.

DerKaiser wrote:Solutions may be keep one defender deeper irregardless of attack, man marking even with possession, or as my kooky father comments (he hates bayern) tactical fouls when we lose the ball.

Problem with one defender deeper is the offside trap. Problem with man marking even with possession is physical exhaustion and also limiting how you can play the offside trap (which is very important for a high defence line). Problem with tactical fouls when we lose the ball is that there is such a short distance between attack and the last man that tactical fouls will tend to have worse consequences (red cards).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31306
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5508 times
Been thanked: 8224 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:43 pm

FCB general wrote:It's 2015, no more 2012-2013. Injuries are irrelevant. The fact is, Bayern performed far better during the autumn without many key players and now when couple of players are back, you see neither nice football nor results.

Injuries are never irrelevant. We've lost other players as well apart from having some returning so it's pretty much the same situation. Pep has done tremendously well in the circumstances and that is mostly down to his daring attitude and ability to get what he needs out of the players wherever he needs them. The positive effect that's had on Bayern is unbelievably underrated.

Heynckes is often portrayed by people at the anti-Pep, the man who, unlike LVG and Pep, took no risks, played players in their natural positions and consequently had the most successful Bayern season ever. I don't deny he's a great coach and I love him, but the fact is that he was very with injuries. You can't deal with not having at least some of your best players available throughout the entire season by not making changes. Would the conservative Heynckes have been able to do that? I have my doubts, especially on whether he would have been able to get the team work so well despite being forced to go through so many changes. We've lost so many players and we've never really had a problem on who to lineup until we lost Ribery and Rafinha. That is of course partly due to having so much depth but it is also thanks to Guardiola's creativity with the players he has available.

FCB general wrote:The point is - Guardiola isn't improving and that's the problem. The fact named Bundesliga is the main reason why he is so successful, but Wolfsburg exactly repeated Real Madrid which means - no improvement.

If people can see no improvement from last season then I don't know what to say because I think it is very evident that we are playing way better. Wolfsburg is certainly not the best team we've played since Real, nor is it the first time we've played against them. How come no one else managed to do what they did since Real if the system is so flawed against this style of football? There were many factors in play that night. It does not mean that every team that plays on counters will put 4 past us, far from it.

FCB general wrote:What Jupp did it's that he completely raped and destroyed Guardiola's legacy and Barcelona football school with attractive, dominant and efficient, all in one football which you couldn't see for almost decade after Barcelona 2004-2007, though, that Ronnie's Barca wasn't so convincing on all fronts. It's so stupid to repeat it when it's behind us almost 2 years.

Indeed he destroyed Barca (who, whatever style they played, were NOT coached by Guardiola that night), but if anything this just proves that a loss like the one against Wolfsburg doesn't mean anything. That same season we destroyed Barca we were humiliated by BATE Borisov (just one goal away from having the same scoreline as Wolfsburg). How did they beat us? They parked the bus - just like Chelsea 5 months earlier. So did Heynckes not learn from that game?

Actually, take a look at what people were saying after the BATE game. Remember this is the season we won the treble.

Spoiler: show
Firefox1234 wrote:I dont know who to blame for this it was just horrible!!!! They cant pass, they cant shoot, they cant defend, someone tell me how Bayern have been winning :(


Bilmuash wrote:We should not call ourselves title contenders after this shit. [-X


silberkreuz wrote:I simply don't care that they were parking the bus; in fact, us losing to a team that parked the bus in the CL AGAIN infuriates me.
Why has this problem not been solved? Has everyone forgotten that fateful night?


Sounds familiar? Wait till you see what you said that day. :P

Spoiler: show
FCB general wrote:The problem of today's football, you have only one tactic, one style of play, one formation and one hope, that with this we will always win. No, people, you are WRONG!


My point is, bad games will happen. You can't just disprove 20 or so good games based on a bad result. It doesn't mean that our coaches haven't learned and that we will be destroyed by everyone who plays such a tactic against us, or that our tactics are horrible and we must reinvent the wheel. Our system has been seen to be one that works. We just got reminded that we are not undefeatable, and that is not such a bad thing.

FCB general wrote:If you don't know what or how to do, if you don't have PLAN B(what he didn't have back in Barcelona period), then you're in on one very close step to deep shít, because you won't have enough time.

Pep's formation variations, game winnning subs etc. show that he has an infinite amount of plan Bs. A plan B doesn't need to be completely different from plan A. It just needs to be something that adds a little spark to reignite the team when plan A doesn't work. That's happened often. But yes, it hasn't always happened, which is why Pep must share the blame for these two results. He has shown us that he often has something up his sleeve though. Sometimes he miscalculates, it's only normal.

FCB general wrote:Guardiola has more than enough players to play very good football at this moment despite injuries, but it's either problem with players shape or lack of solutions or players simply can't produce what you want. There are summer and winter transfer periods, you have money and board support, I don't see what you gonna do. Your job is to win, if you can't win, at least play great while you losing. If you can't do nothing of mentioned and you're struggling despite everything and absolute lack of domestic competition... You are ready to face trouble in March.

I'd be much more worried if we played great yet lost to be honest, because it would mean we were outplayed on a good day. We just had a bad day, no one played their best football and we suffered for it. Wolfsburg played very well but out horrible performance shows we weren't at out best. If we weren't playing to our potential then I find it hard to apply this result to games where we probably will be playing at our best.

FCB general wrote:. Lewanmisski brought nothing to Bayern and that's horrible.

This is true, and my patience is running out with him as well. But people were attacking Mandzu after that BATE game too. ;)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31147
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8769 times
Been thanked: 7367 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen, you just broke the record for the longest off-topic post in the history of BayernForum.com. Congratulations! Great post, nonetheless :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31306
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5508 times
Been thanked: 8224 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:51 pm

MUTU wrote:FCBayernMunchen, you just broke the record for the longest off-topic post in the history of BayernForum.com. Congratulations! Great post, nonetheless :)

Unfortunately, apart from being off-topic I also quoted and disagreed with one of Firefox's posts. He will probably delete it. :P :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31147
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8769 times
Been thanked: 7367 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:09 pm

MUTU wrote:In his first season, Mario Gomez scored 14 goals in 45 matches (including a penalty against SpVgg Neckarelz). That's 0.31 goals per game.
In his first season, Mandzukic scored 21 goals in 39 matches (0.54 goals per game).
So far, Lewandowski has played in 25 matches and scored 10 goals (0.4 goals per game). I think we need to give Robert some time. It's not easy for a striker in his first season. I'm disappointed too, but confident he'll come around.

Okay, I can be patient. But difference between then and now... Gomez has had big competition in Toni, Klose, Olić, then just in Klose and Olić and then in Mandžukić and Pizarro.
Now... Where's Lewy's competition? Veteran striker Pizarro who can't be put against Freiburg in starting 11 for 60 minutes even though he's bench warmer? Who else is there? No one!

No matter what, the Polish looks untouchable which isn't hard since you don't have competition and Müller can't be taken in consider of somekind of serious competition at all when Müller is not a striker(no matter if you put him on the paper formation there).

If he can't score, then he must show something in our game on other ways because that kind of striker we have brought to do something besides scoring goals in 16-y-box. Gomez and Đilkoš couldn't do it or at least they were doing some other things, especially Đilkoš whose defensive, pressing part played major role in many games.

If Lewy can't do it, he's not even close to world-class material and he won't be. Starting from his goal instinct all the way to assists, pre-assists, defensive pressing first 2 lines, etc. Maybe he didn't cost us money(transfer fee), but he will in other ways.
Exactly the same worths for Chubby, another former Dortmund guy. We expected improvement of our game with both of them, and then after for God knows what time we're talking about how Ribery, Bastian or Robben are missing a lot. If they don't miss, then Thiago is missing. If he doesn't miss, Martinez is missing, then Lahm and so on.
When neither of them are absent, then it's Boateng, Benatia, Dante, Rode, Pizarro, etc. Always someone, like we play every 24/48 hours which isn't so. :)

People should be patient now no matter what. As I said, it's stupid to talk about crisis after only 2 matches. Team presentation was so poor, but still not enough to name this as crisis. But only 3 more weeks can be okay. Then people can have a reason to be unhappy or criticize if they want or as much as they want. Bayern's real season starts in March, then we'll see.

It was really great with 3-4-2-1 through most of the autumn and that display I really liked for the first time under Guardiola, then Alaba was off and we returned to 4-1-4-1, 2 games poor performances, then again some solid performances and year was over. Conclusion - very, veeeery nice and promising.
Then again after these 2 matches, we look once again like we're in July and our engines are cold.

I just hope this will be solved till March if our target is to reach Berlin 2x this year. There more than enough time for our coach and players to get serious, work hard and change if something is wrong.

Stuttgart will be once again a key spot. I remember the match in January and dramatic 2:1 after 1:0 and disgusting display. Then we started to climb high till March 15th, when we completely collapsed because of stupidity.
Cada loco con su tema.
User avatar
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6591
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Red Cross
Has thanked: 2690 times
Been thanked: 2897 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:59 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Injuries are never irrelevant. We've lost other players as well apart from having some returning so it's pretty much the same situation. Pep has done tremendously well in the circumstances and that is mostly down to his daring attitude and ability to get what he needs out of the players wherever he needs them. The positive effect that's had on Bayern is unbelievably underrated.

Yes, because of this I said what I said about injury irrelevance. Why now we have issues when we didn't have back in first five months of the season? It's not tremendous, it's normal with that roster and width you have. But that wasn't enough for Hojbjerg to get opportunity to play more, even Rode. But for Rode it was other thing, during that time he has trained a lot and improved very much and that was so visible match after match, unlike the Missky and Chubby. :)

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Heynckes is often portrayed by people at the anti-Pep, the man who, unlike LVG and Pep, took no risks, played players in their natural positions and consequently had the most successful Bayern season ever. I don't deny he's a great coach and I love him, but the fact is that he was very with injuries. You can't deal with not having at least some of your best players available throughout the entire season by not making changes. Would the conservative Heynckes have been able to do that? I have my doubts, especially on whether he would have been able to get the team work so well despite being forced to go through so many changes.

You know what, would it or would not, I don't care. He would had to do exactly as Guardiola now due to squad and width he had, if not results then perfomances. Remember the January 2012? We also sucked terribly and these first few matches were crucial in the end why we couldn't reach Dortmund in their record season.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:If people can see no improvement from last season then I don't know what to say because I think it is very evident that we are playing way better. Wolfsburg is certainly not the best team we've played since Real, nor is it the first time we've played against them. How come no one else managed to do what they did since Real if the system is so flawed against this style of football? There were many factors in play that night. It does not mean that every team that plays on counters will put 4 past us, far from it.

Of course we have improved a lot, especially our game which hasn't been disgusting as in 2013-2014, but in first 180 minutes of 2015 we haven't seen anything of that so far.

They didn't do because they're silly teams. That's why we conceded 4 goals in 17 matches. :)

Opponents can put 4 behind Neuer, but we can't play 98% of match like pensioners under dementia. :D

FCBayernMunchen wrote:That same season we destroyed Barca we were humiliated by BATE Borisov (just one goal away from having the same scoreline as Wolfsburg). How did they beat us? They parked the bus - just like Chelsea 5 months earlier. So did Heynckes not learn from that game?

Actually, take a look at what people were saying after the BATE game. Remember this is the season we won the treble.

Well, I can tell you only that Eastern Europe is a great place to give 3 points and victory to our opponents. We did it many times. I remember Zenit, BATE, was there anyone else? I don't know, I always sign Bayern's defeat in Russia, Belarus. :mrgreen:

FCBayernMunchen wrote:My point is, bad games will happen. You can't just disprove 20 or so good games based on a bad result. It doesn't mean that our coaches haven't learned and that we will be destroyed by everyone who plays such a tactic against us, or that our tactics are horrible and we must reinvent the wheel. Our system has been seen to be one that works. We just got reminded that we are not undefeatable, and that is not such a bad thing.

Ok, we'll see. I completely agree for these bad games, but somehow at the same time I find it stupid to lose points against Scheiße 04, TWICE this year. We didn't lose with somekind bad luck, but complete lack of ideas on the pitch.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:A plan B doesn't need to be completely different from plan A.

To me plan A is plan A, plan B is completely opposite to plan A. Something what I dislike in the last 8 years in football. Some 12 years ago I could have seen all kind of tactical surprises, variants, strategies, etc. I don't see that in last 7-8 years and that's not good, at least not for me.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It just needs to be something that adds a little spark to reignite the team when plan A doesn't work. That's happened often. But yes, it hasn't always happened, which is why Pep must share the blame for these two results. He has shown us that he often has something up his sleeve though. Sometimes he miscalculates, it's only normal.

These little things and details cannot be considered as plan B, more as deviation from the original form. I remember what Jupp did through entire 2011-2012, he never put 2 strikers when we would had to chase the result which bring us to defeat nor switch to something else. The only thing he knew then is to play with his tongue. :D
He had never put 2 strikers at the same time, never used long balls, cross balls, etc. to try to break the lock - nothing. The result would always been defeat or draw despite we had 10-15 minutes left. We would only pass, pass, and so on and so slow, then it would come mistake and one counter and you're dead. The best examples were those 6 matches with 2 Borussia teams together. We 'won' only one and that was in Pokal on penalties, but still unable to respond because there was not plan B, unlike 2012-2013 when Jupp in few games showed balls to chase win or draw by putting Đilkoš, Gomez and Müller at the same time on the field.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'd be much more worried if we played great yet lost to be honest, because it would mean we were outplayed on a good day.

This! You see, this is where I ALMOST completely disagree. If we played great, even outplayed our opponent and yet lost, I wouldn't be unhappy. The only day I'd be angry, unhappy, sad is Pokal and CL finals, but Bundesliga matches - no. These days I'd like to see in this boring Bundesliga that scenario happening, because our only problem would be how to score goals. :)

Only in case that we often produce great displays everywhere and still can't win matches, that means we have a problem, a syndrom I'll call it "Misski". :mrgreen: But that wouldn't be because our bad style and presentation, but our horrible finishing.
But since 2012-2013 it's ALMOST impossible at the same time play fantastic and end it as a loser. The only way to get that is to play last 20 minutes against City. Then you can get some "Agüero boy" again and the fault will be on the team. :) The blame goes to defensive approach where the whole team consciously fails in one moment and blew up 2:0 advantage. This is our problem now.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:This is true, and my patience is running out with him as well. But people were attacking Mandzu after that BATE game too. ;)

People were attacking Gomez in some situations, as well. But both of them produced many goals. This guy is not in the same line as Đilkoš and Gomez. Gomez in 2012 was 3rd scorer in Europe behind Messi and Cristiano. That was so great to see.

If he doesn't have to just produce goals, then Lewy must do other things and that means almost always like Ribery and Robben do every game. Either score or prepare or both. But please, don't run around just for peanuts. :mrgreen:


Damn, I had to be concentrated on what I quote and answer. :cheers:
Cada loco con su tema.
User avatar
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6591
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Red Cross
Has thanked: 2690 times
Been thanked: 2897 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby pyrasur » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Sooooo loooooong :P
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3989
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2305 times
Been thanked: 1862 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:57 pm

FCB general wrote:This! You see, this is where I ALMOST completely disagree. If we played great, even outplayed our opponent and yet lost, I wouldn't be unhappy. The only day I'd be angry, unhappy, sad is Pokal and CL finals, but Bundesliga matches - no. These days I'd like to see in this boring Bundesliga that scenario happening, because our only problem would be how to score goals. :)

Only in case that we often produce great displays everywhere and still can't win matches, that means we have a problem, a syndrom I'll call it "Misski". :mrgreen: But that wouldn't be because our bad style and presentation, but our horrible finishing.
But since 2012-2013 it's ALMOST impossible at the same time play fantastic and end it as a loser. The only way to get that is to play last 20 minutes against City. Then you can get some "Agüero boy" again and the fault will be on the team. :) The blame goes to defensive approach where the whole team consciously fails in one moment and blew up 2:0 advantage. This is our problem now.

I'm only going to reply to this part both because I don't want another loooong off-topic post ( :) ) but also because I think we're not disagreeing on most points, and the ones we disagree on are a bit useless to discuss as it is merely a difference in interpretation, such as our definition of plan B. Just two short things I'd like to say about the rest of the post:
1) I mostly avoided commenting on yesterday's match because unfortunately I couldn't see it. Is it annoying to drop points twice against Schalke this season? Definitely, considering our record against them these past few years, and especially so if we played very well, as Pep said. But Schalke are, after all, one of the last 16 teams in the CL and are close to the CL spots again after a weak start. A draw against them isn't too bad, but the fact that it came a few days after a thrashing by Wolfsburg makes it look worse than it is.
2) I disagree that the reason other teams haven't done what Wolfsburg and Real did is because they're silly. Roma and City certainly know what to do, but they didn't manage it (the loss vs City is just inexplicable :lol: ).

Back to the quote. I actually agree with what you said here. I'd be much happier if we played well and lost rather than playing every sport but football as we did against Wolfsburg. I'm distinguishing between unhappy and concern though. If we lost because we played horrible, I don't find that concerning because I've seen the rest of this season and I know that we're not usually like this. It's just a bad day, you know? But if we played our usual game and were humiliated, that is cause for concern because we usually play like that and yet got destroyed. Like you said though, I don't think that will ever happen. When we play our best we seem as though we can only defeat ourselves. So yeah, in a way it eases my mind that we played horribly because I know there's no reason to worry long-term. It is of course disappointing to see them play such a game though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31147
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8769 times
Been thanked: 7367 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bundesliga

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests