You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
91%
It will end in a draw
No votes
FC Schalke 04 will win
9%

Total votes : 11

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby Badger » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:13 pm

MUTU wrote:Stefan Coerts put the blame completely on Guardiola's lap in an article titled Guardiola's stubborn line costs Bayern - and Gotze

That's a rather poor, half-baked article. I've my own reservations about the high defensive line, but the Real Madrid match did not prove anything about it - 3 of the 4 goals were from set pieces. The Wolfsburg game may have been the first to prove how it can be exploited, but that is still inconclusive - inconclusive in proving that a high defensive line can't be made to work at the highest level. And as for the sentimental drivel about poor Goetze being sacrificed, that's unfortunate but irrelevant.
Last edited by Badger on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Badger » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:14 pm

MUTU wrote:In the meantime, Boateng is likely to be one of the last famous victims of the so-called triple punishment (red card, penalty & suspension).

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Are there plans to review the rule?
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby prasun77 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:15 pm

No 2 opinions on the fact that pep is stubborn..
if you give me the option to replace him with rudi garcia today i would gladly take it..he is misusing lots of players ..they are not being exploited to their full strength..
I am slowly losing my patience over him ..he is fine against all opponents,then people start saying he is good,suddenly a quick counter attacking team comes and he is exposed..
Barcelona vs Chelsea (remember?)
bayern vs real
bayern vs wolfsburg
barcelona vs inter..
you see..i would be happy to see him move at the end of the season..he knows how to utilise only 2-3 players properly..lahm,thiago,alonso...
he is wasting martinez,lewandowski,gotze,shaqiri was lost,muller..
this man could not utilise one of the best CMs right now yaya toure..zlatan anyone?
if you ask me..he is no genius..he is a very one dimensional coach with a fixed playing style!
I guess ronald koeman will be good..
Last edited by prasun77 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:16 pm

Badger wrote:
MUTU wrote:In the meantime, Boateng is likely to be one of the last famous victims of the so-called triple punishment (red card, penalty & suspension).

Yes, they are proposing to only hand out a yellow card along with a penalty, never a red + penalty. If the rule was already in place, after 18 mins yesterday the match would have been 0-0 and both teams with 11 players.

Also to be reviewed in this Feb 28 meeting is the addition of a rule that allows a fourth substitution during extra time.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Badger » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:21 pm

MUTU wrote:
Badger wrote:

Yes, they are proposing to only hand out a yellow card along with a penalty, never a red + penalty. If the rule was already in place, after 18 mins yesterday the match would have been 0-0 and both teams with 11 players.

Also to be reviewed in this Feb 28 meeting is the addition of a rule that allows a fourth substitution during extra time.

Thanks. That's very interesting - hadn't heard that it was under review. I also fear, though, that lowering the punishment may lead to more players being hacked down in the box. I think an automatic yellow, and penalty, with a discretionary option of a red, might serve well.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:21 pm

prasun77 wrote:No 2 opinions on the fact that pep is stubborn..
if you give me the option to replace him with rudi garcia today i would gladly take it..he is misusing lots of players ..they are not being exploited to their full strength..
I am slowly losing my patience over him ..he is fine against all opponents,then people start saying he is good,suddenly a quick counter attacking team comes and he is exposed..
bayern vs real
bayern vs wolfsburg
barcelona vs inter..
you see..i would be happy to see him move at the end of the season..he knows how to utilise only 2-3 players properly..lahm,thiago,alonso...
this man could not utilise one of the best CMs right now yaya toure..zlatan anyone?
if you ask me..he is no genius..he is a very one dimensional coach with a fixed playing style!

I hate to agree with this but I think that's how it is... maybe that is why Lewa is not his usual self... Goetze too... I lost all faith in the two former BVB players but now I think the fault might not be entirely theirs.
Re Garcia - atm he is not living his best days at AS Roma either...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:23 pm

Chaps, you're turning fickleness into an art form.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:24 pm

Badger wrote:I think an automatic yellow, and penalty, with a discretionary option of a red, might serve well.

While in principle I'd agree with you (e.g. Suarez vs Ghana certainly deserved to be sent off), it leaves too much room for judgemental errors, complaints, accusations of corruption and general inconsistencies.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:31 pm

prasun77 wrote:if you ask me..he is no genius..he is a very one dimensional coach with a fixed playing style!

Plan B! Plan B! Plan B! Plan B! Plan B!

Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby quaazi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Badger wrote: I also fear, though, that lowering the punishment may lead to more players being hacked down in the box.

Honestly - I don't see how that is a bad thing! FOuls in the box left unrewarded is such an epidemic. Give more penalties and abolish the Sergio Ramos School of Defensive Arts forever!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby runaway » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:12 pm

The times a soft challenge in the box given a red or a penalty not given because the challenge was deemed soft would be solved if the straight red card + penalty is abolished. Then again, it can work both ways, more 'diving' so this should be addressed too. We've already seen in La Liga what a lenient refereeing can do soft challenges in the box, penalties from being tacked by the ground/air. The top penalty goalscorer this season in Europe didn't exactly get majority of his penalties from a legitimate foul.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:29 pm

quaazi wrote:
Badger wrote: I also fear, though, that lowering the punishment may lead to more players being hacked down in the box.

Honestly - I don't see how that is a bad thing! FOuls in the box left unrewarded is such an epidemic. Give more penalties and abolish the Sergio Ramos School of Defensive Arts forever!

I fail to understand your thoughts.

Currently a referee can:
- yellow card an attacker (for perceived simulation)
- wave play on
- give a penalty
- give a penalty and a yellow card to the defender
- give a penalty and a red card to the defender

They're simply proposing a rule that does not allow a referee to do the latter (penalty and red card) but it doesn't change anything else such as "fouls in the box left unrewarded". It only stops big fouls in the box to be given a red card, which is dangerous. Basically if you're the last man and you're going to need to hack down the attacker inside the box, then you may as well try and break his leg or knock him unconscious because you're going to get the same punishment anyway (yellow card and penalty against).
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:59 pm

I merely commented on the idea of "more players hacked down in the box", you're reading way too much into it. Though I think I also misunderstood Badger's initial point.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:12 pm

prasun77 wrote:if you give me the option to replace him with rudi garcia today i would gladly take it..he is misusing lots of players ..they are not being exploited to their full strength..

He is misusing players and not getting 100% out of them, yet still winning trophies? That sounds pretty good to me. ;)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
prasun77 wrote:No 2 opinions on the fact that pep is stubborn..
bayern vs real
bayern vs wolfsburg
barcelona vs inter..

I hate to agree with this but I think that's how it is... maybe that is why Lewa is not his usual self... Goetze too... I lost all faith in the two former BVB players but now I think the fault might not be entirely theirs.
Re Garcia - atm he is not living his best days at AS Roma either...

Oh come on, a couple of bad games and we're already dismissing Pep? It's true that some players have been somehow wasted, but others are evolving in amazing ways. Take Alaba's new role, Neuer's increasing involvement in field play, Robben's ever improvement, Lahm's versatility, Boateng's fantastic form for most of the season... I think we've seen some amazing football this season, I think Pep will keep pushing it to perfection. That being said, I'd like to see a 3-CB backline with Boa, Badstu and Benatia and also the Alaba+Lahm Wingback/Midfielder hybrid better developed. If Pep does it right it could be something to behold.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga