You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
91%
It will end in a draw
No votes
FC Schalke 04 will win
9%

Total votes : 11

Re: [2015-02-03] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:24 am

Argeta wrote:Schweinsteiger played very good yesterday aswell. Is it just me or does Schweini look really fast sometimes so you mix him up with someone else?

I don't know whether you are referring to my post; but I did not say that Bastian was not good... I said Alonso looks to have lost that spark since Basti's comeback.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:37 am

Well have fun with your manly rugby Jancker :)
Ottomeister13

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:43 am

There were quite some funny decisions yesterday from the ref, the most noticable is deny any extra time at all at the end of both halves, in my opinion during the 2nd half there was stoppage/time wasting from Schalke which should have been taken into consideration.

I think that Bastian Dankert is somewhat biased against Bayern, I remembered that he was the referee when I was at the Allianz last May to watch the last Bayern match of the season against Stuttgart and he could not absolutely see some of the fouls committed by Stuttgart in their box. Forum member Waka had posted a couple of videos about this..I'm copying below. Luckily, the league was done and dusted and Pizarro saved the day with a last minute goal.

I am afraid that we will see a return of more of these subtile decisions against Bayern to counter the league superiority. We have already been there

Waka wrote:
http://s7.directupload.net/images/140510/7jv7ddki.gif

Oh, I'm sorry. I must have missed that a kung fu kick is allowed on the football pitch.

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-23155145/1.gif.html

I also must have missed that it's ok to jump into the back of your opponent.

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-23155208/1.gif.html

And of course it is absolutely allowed to pull an opponent to the ground.

How silly of me! #-o
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:58 am

I've seen complaints from the referee but I don't understand them. Let's look at the controversial decisions:

1) Red card & penalty awarded to Schalke: fair, good decision
2) No injury time at the end of the 1st half with Schalke on the attack: Schalke felt unjustified
3) Lewandowski goal disallowed for Bayern: consulted the linesman and disallowed based on his opinion. Would have been almost impossible for the referee to correctly judge it without totally guessing, so he had to rely on his linesman.
4) No injury time at the end of the 2nd half with Bayern on the attack: Bayern felt unjustified.

The lack of injury time at the end of both halves neutralised each other out. The only bad decision taken was the linesman's fault.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:04 am

Rest In Peace, Fabi

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:43 am

So let me get this straight, Di Mateo is better than Pep? OMG!
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:46 am

MUTU wrote:I've seen complaints from the referee but I don't understand them. Let's look at the controversial decisions:

1) Red card & penalty awarded to Schalke: fair, good decision
2) No injury time at the end of the 1st half with Schalke on the attack: Schalke felt unjustified
3) Lewandowski goal disallowed for Bayern: consulted the linesman and disallowed based on his opinion. Would have been almost impossible for the referee to correctly judge it without totally guessing, so he had to rely on his linesman.
4) No injury time at the end of the 2nd half with Bayern on the attack: Bayern felt unjustified.

The lack of injury time at the end of both halves neutralised each other out. The only bad decision taken was the linesman's fault.

Apart from the lack of injury time, I wasn't contesting any of the decisions mentioned in 1 & 3 but I from just watching the game once I saw more subtile things like not warning Schalke players when Bayern try to break away with a ball from their own area and the player is clearly fouled intentionally to allow the Schalke players to regain their position and similar action delaying tactics from Schalke. Have you noticed how many times Bayern players tried to resume the action immediately by holding to the ball after a foul and the Schalke just comes back and kicks it from their hands ? On the other hand he was quick to draw yellow cards on Bayern players.

I know that we are solely to blame for not scoring and always conceding from damned corners but these things won't help either.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:56 am

Who was he? :(
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:02 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:On the other hand he was quick to draw yellow cards on Bayern players.

I think we're being a bit biased here. I remember one action where Weiser made a bad foul from behind and I was wondering whether he would get a yellow or a red card, but he got no card for the foul.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:04 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Who was he? :(

A member of the Schickeria who passed away in the winter break.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:24 pm

Stefan Coerts put the blame completely on Guardiola's lap in an article titled Guardiola's stubborn line costs Bayern - and Gotze
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:37 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Argeta wrote:Schweinsteiger played very good yesterday aswell. Is it just me or does Schweini look really fast sometimes so you mix him up with someone else?

I don't know whether you are referring to my post; but I did not say that Bastian was not good... I said Alonso looks to have lost that spark since Basti's comeback.

I think it began before Schweini came back. He suddenly begun to misplace passes and stopped doing his earlier great long distance ones.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:55 pm

MUTU wrote:Stefan Coerts put the blame completely on Guardiola's lap in an article titled Guardiola's stubborn line costs Bayern - and Gotze

I would be surprised if there was anything different...during the press conference he insisted that his plan worked for 17 games and in fact I posted this under his profile in Bayern Player & Staff Discussion. Sometimes I think that this guy suffers from self-injury disorder. Before I get the Pep lovers all over me, I am not one who is out for Pep's head but for me I don't care what he achieved at Barcelona, since that home trashing at the hand of Real Madrid he has yet to prove that his tactics to be so great at Bayern.

#Pep on preventing counters: "The whole team play a role. We did it well for 17 games, in one we didn't." #FCBS04
https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/5 ... 6342801408

I wonder if he plans to do anything about it when this is happens, because as far as I know we have already seen this happening last April in that CL match and it happened again on Friday.
I'm sure that he also knows that there are some teams which are better than others in exploiting counters and also that others have had enough time to analyse Bayern and find their weaknesses and therefore he needs to adapt occasionally.
Otherwise brace yourselves for when it hits again and we get another CL trashing !

I am not expecting that we never loose a match but I don't think it is acceptable to allow 4 goals in a single match. We also allowed 1 goal in each of the friendlies we played and the Saudis had some of their best players away for the Asia Cup, but within 1 minute they already had a dangerous counter and beat neuer but the shot was not strong enough and Bernat stopped it in time (watch at 0:30 [source]
Last edited by Bayernbazi on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Korab » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:06 pm

In my personal view (and with regret I have to admit that my predictions are not even close to perfection) Bayern will have more and more problems with their opponents. They found the method to fight Pep’s tactics. The only question is why it took them so long. They should have had that idea just after Real game.
First, what Pep’s tactic is in a little bit exaggerated form:
1. He wants to play with 10 midfielders, everybody has to play any position at any time,
2. Neuer is part of the system as last defender, sweeper,
3. There are no real no. 9, 10, 11,
4. Play very high on the field to prevent any opponents offensive action before they have time to organize it. There are many players to immediately press opponent if they receive ball.
5. Completely tire out opponents by letting them chase the ball which is constantly passed around the perimeter of penalty box, this also helps to confuse them and forget their own tactic, no time for it,
6. Perfect passing, fast and accurate even in very tight space,
7. Players must flow from one position to another flawlessly (especially nominally forward ones)
8. Any system or players changes are just tools of confusion for opponents before the game, play looks the same anyway.
There are problems though with this system which in theory looks very good:
1. Any bad pass, especially at the back, may end in almost 100% chance of losing goals (Real, even ManC, Wolfsburg, Schalke),
2. Congestion around opponents penalty box is so high that it can be defended with fewer players leaving 1 or 2 players of opposite side free to wait (meanwhile harassing back line) for opportunity, close to the center line,
3. Bayern players are just crowding out each other to the degree that sometimes they interfere with each other helping defense,
4. Scoring goals in second half, mostly late in the game when opposition is tired sometimes is not possible especially when they are well organized and in very good physical shape,
5. Combination play, through balls are almost gone, waiting for errors is in.
6. Last defense line has to be very fast (in case of emergency), and it is almost impossible for those big players to be as fast and agile as this system requires them to be.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:10 pm

In the meantime, Boateng is likely to be one of the last famous victims of the so-called triple punishment (red card, penalty & suspension).

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga