You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-02-27] Bayern Munich vs FC Köln

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
1. FC Köln will win
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: [2015-02-27] Bayern Munich vs FC Köln

Postby runaway » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:53 pm

Yep.
Can't see tweet? Click here!
And immediately passes to the wrong player prompting Mueller to tackle the Koln player from behind. :lol:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:09 am

Keeping Lewandowski in the starting lineup, in almost all the games, Schweinsteiger instead of Alonso, seems that the journal write just craps about their relationship with Pep. They are fine.

I am not happy, it was a deserve win, but defense got trouble again in counterattacks. And this Neuer saves hide a result, that could be scandalous... Koln really waste their chances.

At this time of the season, everyone expected a better performance from this team, hope bayern can improve soon.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:44 am

One thing i wondered about, was just before the 2-0 i believe, where Lewa wasted that big chance.. the screen jumped to Pep who was shaking his head like he was not amused while he was in discussion with Sammer. Could be a coincidence ofcourse, but it was a weird screen cut where you could get the impression that Pep was annoyed a lot by that missed chance..
Ottomeister13

Postby DerKaiser » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:13 am

Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:22 am

RAJBAYERN wrote: defense got trouble again in counterattacks. And this Neuer saves hide a result, that could be scandalous.

Do we just want to have our cake and eat it too?

So we want the team to play more direct football and counter attack more but without giving goal scoring chances to the opponent? How can that even be possible? No team can play direct football without space. We can't have space if all the opponent's does is defend in their own half. We can't counterattack without the opponent actually attacking.

Should all games be like against Bremen where they got 0 shots on goal? Wow what high expectations that is. What would be the point of having Neuer as the best GK in the world if Bayern should aim that the opponent not get any scoring chances at all.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:56 am

Best GK.. Check.. Best Defense.. next, by not allowing any shots :P
Ottomeister13

Postby DerKaiser » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:59 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:One thing i wondered about, was just before the 2-0 i believe, where Lewa wasted that big chance.. the screen jumped to Pep who was shaking his head like he was not amused while he was in discussion with Sammer. Could be a coincidence ofcourse, but it was a weird screen cut where you could get the impression that Pep was annoyed a lot by that missed chance..

Funny thing was that Ribery just scored and they were pissed off on the bench
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:50 am

runaway wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote: defense got trouble again in counterattacks. And this Neuer saves hide a result, that could be scandalous.

Do we just want to have our cake and eat it too?

So we want the team to play more direct football and counter attack more but without giving goal scoring chances to the opponent? How can that even be possible? No team can play direct football without space. We can't have space if all the opponent's does is defend in their own half. We can't counterattack without the opponent actually attacking.

Should all games be like against Bremen where they got 0 shots on goal? Wow what high expectations that is. What would be the point of having Neuer as the best GK in the world if Bayern should aim that the opponent not get any scoring chances at all.

I understand your intention: "Defend bayern", =D> .

Did I say that I want to see 0 shot on goal?....NO...Do not interrogate me things that I had no said, so if you want to be ironic, first get reasons.

I said that Bayern had another game with troubles in back, meaning that there is inconsistency in their perfomance in this second half season. In 7 games we saw a tough loss in Wolfsburg, 2 red cards and Neuer as the man of the match. Is not a performance that I expected at this time of the season.

If your goal as a bayern fan is to see bayern winning the champions league, your expectation should be higher than this one.
now. So why your ironism?

Hope they can be a more balance team in next games.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby runaway » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:21 am

Inconsistent as the 1st half? Not really. Maybe the opponent was not as clinical in the first half of the season but if you look at it, we've faced the roughly the same amount of shots in the second half. For example, Koln had 9 shots. That's hardly a big difference from the 1st half performance which averaged 6 shots faced/game. This is what we got before the winter break:
runaway wrote:Bayern has 332 shots, 212 were on target. Bayern faced 105 shots, 57 were on target. Goals conceded 4.

105/17 =6.18. The defense is not up to par to their 1st half performance sure, but I think we can all agree that the first half was an impressive over-performance. And all over-performances will eventually even out. But even in this 'bad defense', Bayern has conceded the least out of the top 5 European leagues. If this wasn't an outlier, how many teams actually have a very high line and conceded that little? I can't name one.
Spoiler: show

Sacrificing a bit of dominance is not a terrible situation if we can actually get something out of it too. Like in this game, we got very big chances off a counterattack. We can't have more direct football by not allowing the opponent to attack. That's a risk we have to accept to get the more free flowing direct attack we want. So Real Madrid and Wolfsburg might burn us out on counters again in the future but that doesn't mean we also can't counterattack them. And on a good day, we have 4 players that can score goals. It's nice to be the best in everything and not make any mistakes but we all know, that's just humanely impossible.

The reaction for every dropped point and every goal conceded is amusing though.

Quite Interesting: 1st game with Koln, Total Shots:32 (24-8). Today's Total Shots:32 (23-9). Same no. of shots on target (3) and goals saved (3) for Koln. That 1 extra shot on target was their goal. Damn you terrible defending! And we got more goals from one less shot. :P
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:09 am

DerKaiser wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote:One thing i wondered about, was just before the 2-0 i believe, where Lewa wasted that big chance.. the screen jumped to Pep who was shaking his head like he was not amused while he was in discussion with Sammer. Could be a coincidence ofcourse, but it was a weird screen cut where you could get the impression that Pep was annoyed a lot by that missed chance..

Funny thing was that Ribery just scored and they were pissed off on the bench

Yes Pep was angry we scored because when we score we concede possession
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:47 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:At this time of the season, everyone expected a better performance from this team, hope bayern can improve soon.

We have had enough time, we didn't succeed to solve problems. March has finally come and now God help us.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:33 pm

There's a lack of stability in the team selection as well. And it is bound to get even worse in March. Just the midfield selection is going to get nightmarish.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Fine, we had a disastrous defending performance vs Wolfsburg in the second half of the season. Following that, we've gone through six games in the rest of the second half (all competitions) conceding only 2 goals, one of which was when we were playing with 10 men.

We've also scored 21 goals in those six games.

I don't see a pattern here.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Korab » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:54 pm

I think the game was bad showing (except first 15 min) and number of goals mean nothing. Against bottom teams 20:1 goals, Against top +Shahtar 2:5. There can be problems in the future. Just my opinion, maybe wrong.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:05 pm

runaway wrote: 1) We can't have more direct football by not allowing the opponent to attack. That's a risk we have to accept to get the more free flowing direct attack we want.

2) So Real Madrid and Wolfsburg might burn us out on counters again in the future but that doesn't mean we also can't counterattack them.

1) Yes we can. Remember Heynckes team against barcelona. And also Pep is a perfectionist (players said) so maybe this is what he have in mind.

The reality is that the opponent always will have chances to attack, so for reduce their chanches, bayern must recover the ball quickly, and it begins in the midfield, players should back quickly to help defenses. It is one aspect that Guardiola is trying to develop in the team this season, with signing Xabi Alonso after Javi Martinez injured, who got more role in this past preseason, more than what he had last season, when bayern never played with a real defensive midfielder.

2) So for you it is a 50/50 chance... I am convince that this is not what Guardiola have in mind.... [-X

Against teams like Real Madrid, Wolfsburg, Atletico or Chelsea, It will be more tough for to bayern counterattack, because they will park the bus, and Bayern do not. They will wait a bad pass or an open space from us to counter quickly. So here the point that you mention, "direct football", bayern hadnt against Wolfsburg or Madrid last season, so bayern must have a plan B if they cant succesfull attack against those defensive walls, because if they need to open space for have a direct football, we will fall in their trap...

I think what Guardiola wants to have in the team is a direct football, but also the quality to recover the ball quickly, an important aspect of his possessive football mentality. That why people and players consider him "perfectionist"....

In conclusion, yesterday was a deserve win, and ok, ok, ok... We have the best defensive performance in europe with just conceded 10 goals, and it is an amazing statistic, but in this month of football, for preventing more goal conceded , it cost us 2 red cards and our GK as the man of the match. And those little aspects, maybe not important from most of you, for me it is. Maybe i am a crazy perfectionist fan :|

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga