You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-02-02] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes

Total votes : 18

Re: [2014-02-02] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby FCB general » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:57 am

Badger wrote:Could you explain how your quote, etc, answers the questions? If you prefer to dodge the questions, that's fair enough. Proper answers would have been of interest, but I'll not hassle you further for proper answers, if you are unable to provide them.

You tell me. Oh, I forgot... :pep:

What's the difference between today and tomorrow and yesterday? If you can just explain how we played way better football last year than this year, that would be all. I don't see any better football, just better results and boring useless possession around the center.
So, go ahead, keep trying to covince me that we play much better football to my eye.

You've asked me what's it gonna change? How about... Interest during the Bayern matches, mood, excitement? Yes, I can follow Bayern without watching any single game, only I need to take a look on my TV txt, websites and that's it.

But I understand... It's no allowed to criticize playing style despite you're happy with the results.

Okay, I'll stop, literally. :|
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:05 pm

^ Could it be that the mood or excitement is missing because you're taking wins for granted now that Bayern are dominating so much?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:09 pm

FCB general wrote:
Badger wrote:Could you explain how your quote, etc, answers the questions? If you prefer to dodge the questions, that's fair enough. Proper answers would have been of interest, but I'll not hassle you further for proper answers, if you are unable to provide them.

What's the difference between today and tomorrow and yesterday? If you can just explain how we played way better football last year than this year, that would be all. I don't see any better football, just better results and boring useless possession around the center.
So, go ahead, keep trying to covince me that we play much better football to my eye.

You've asked me what's it gonna change? How about... Interest during the Bayern matches, mood, excitement? Yes, I can follow Bayern without watching any single game, only I need to take a look on my TV txt, websites and that's it.

But I understand... It's no allowed to criticize playing style despite you're happy with the results.

Bayern have been a possession oriented side for a while now its just with Pep it has become the main form of Bayern's attack. You talk as if Bayern have become one dimensional. Pep knows when to apply certain forms of football in certain moments of the match just like Jupp did.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby raz25 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:24 pm

FCB general wrote:Last night after general news I watched sports section where they put Guardiola post-match reaction. Guardiola was talking about the match and no matter Bayern won 5:0, he is still totally unsatisfied because he wants to play perfect like in the season when Bayern played exactly like that.

I have to disappoint you Mr. Guardiola, but your Bayern won't ever play that perfect as Bayern from Don Jupp played.

You can break the all records, stay undefeated after 34 BuLi games and win all the trophies, but with this playing style you can't play that beautiful and perfect football from 2012/2013.

Sorry coach... :|

You can't honestly say that after Sunday's game. What you are describing sounds familiar in a lot of games, but when it works, just like Sunday, it's simply magic. Imagine bringing this kind of football to the big guns in Europe like Madrid or Arsenal or imagine doing this against Barcelona. We already did it against City in Etihad Stadium and the people who only watched that game, gave us clear favorites to lift the CL cup again. It's going to be tough but remember that Pep only has half a season at Bayern and it will take some more time until we'll give performances like this constantly.

Now, about last season. Even though last season we looked perfect in almost every area, had Schweinsteiger or Ribery missed more games, I doubt we'd have won the treble. I may be mistaken but whenever those two missed I think we lost the two games last season. Key players like Dante, Martinez, Mandzukic and Schweinsteiger were performing mistake-free, not including Lahm, Neuer, Ribery because that was expected of them. That was last year's historic season recipe. We were much more predictable than today but because everyone was giving world class performances week in and week out, our opponents were helpless. How many points do you think we'd have made in Bundesliga if Schweinsteiger and Kroos/Martinez missed 6 months?

This season, we had injuries in mass and we have better results than last season. And while it's true that Ribery takes us to another level every time he plays, Schweinsteiger doesn't feel missed, to me at least, which used to be our most important player. There are many good things that Guardiola brought to our team, but even just for that, hats off to him.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:25 pm

MUTU wrote:^ Could it be that the mood or excitement is missing because you're taking wins for granted now that Bayern are dominating so much?

I don't know... People will think, yeah I'm saying this because I don't like Guardiola. How yes no...

I just watch our games and I don't see the same game we played last year. Yes, the entire club said that they sometimes look like they don't give their all best, but they do even though it's different when you watch. I fully understand that and it's obvious. But that's not the problem to me. The whole problem is playing style which I don't like at all and I cannot ever come up to.

I criticized Jupp in the last two years as well. But this is almost every single match under Guardiola. Always the same raping ball around the center, then those forced passes into the box... I don't know. I watch it, but I can't see a simple football like the last season Lille, Hannover, Gladbach, Hamburg, Schalke, Stuttgart, Fortuna, Nürnberg... I can almost recall all details from these games and they were so attractive, dominant, powerful...

To cut the crap and use proper words for Jupp football - BLITZKRIEG!
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCB general » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Bayern have been a possession oriented side for a while now its just with Pep it has become the main form of Bayern's attack.

I'd say this is the reason why it doesn't suit to me.

raz25 wrote:You can't honestly say that after Sunday's game.

No, absolutely. Sunday's game was great even though I found once again raping the ball unnecessarily.
I just looked back at Guardiola's comment about "perfect Bayern" where he said he must get that level of football from the last season, almost every single match great football. I'm skeptical because that football didn't come from his obsession with possession, but more direct football, pressing on the ball through entire match, a lot of running and less possession % during the match.

raz25 wrote:Now, about last season. Even though last season we looked perfect in almost every area, had Schweinsteiger or Ribery missed more games, I doubt we'd have won the treble. I may be mistaken but whenever those two missed I think we lost the two games last season. Key players like Dante, Martinez, Mandzukic and Schweinsteiger were performing mistake-free, not including Lahm, Neuer, Ribery because that was expected of them. That was last year's historic season recipe. We were much more predictable than today but because everyone was giving world class performances week in and week out, our opponents were helpless. How many points do you think we'd have made in Bundesliga if Schweinsteiger and Kroos/Martinez missed 6 months?

The whole point is about field performance and football style, not the trophies and results. We are on the way to break even more records this season, defend the Double and maybe Treble. But there is no similar performance apart from result. I can't recall great BuLi matches at AA this season besides Frankfurt and I watched 90% of Bayern games. That's really sad. :(

I just see, but I don't feel nothing. I felt last 4 years everything, when we're on top(09/10, 12/13) or down(10/11, 11/12), but in this one... :?
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby raz25 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:05 pm

FCB general wrote:The whole point is about field performance and football style, not the trophies and results. We are on the way to break even more records this season, defend the Double and maybe Treble. But there is no similar performance apart from result. I can't recall great BuLi matches at AA this season besides Frankfurt and I watched 90% of Bayern games. That's really sad. :(

I just see, but I don't feel nothing. I felt last 4 years everything, when we're on top(09/10, 12/13) or down(10/11, 11/12), but in this one... :?

Ok, I understand. It must be tough for you then, because the results are stupidly great and if they continue we will play like this for the coming years. I was thinking that you don't like it because we are constantly compared with Barcelona's style of play, but now I guess you simply don't like it, fair enough.

EDIT: But in the van Gaal era, we were 'raping' the ball as well, but it was being done mostly in our penalty area or the center of the pitch. There were a lot more predictable passes being done with the likes of van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, Pranjic, Ottl and sometimes Muller as our creative force in the middle. How come you enjoyed those seasons so much, and not this one?
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:30 pm

raz25 wrote:EDIT: But in the van Gaal era, we were 'raping' the ball as well, but it was being done mostly in our penalty area or the center of the pitch. There were a lot more predictable passes being done with the likes of van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, Pranjic, Ottl and sometimes Muller as our creative force in the middle. How come you enjoyed those seasons so much, and not this one?

Yes, we did. After some time I started to hate it and it didn't give us good result. It was like van Gaal forbade to clear the ball from the own box. Soon after that van Gaal was sacked. I don't know, it wasn't very long and it wasn't adapted at Bayern.

But I guess I'll have to live with that or at least start watching the other teams to get something different.

raz25 wrote:I was thinking that you don't like it because we are constantly compared with Barcelona's style of play, but now I guess you simply don't like it, fair enough.

There are some elements which are wanted here, too. Like false #9 which currently doesn't work at Bayern and Guardiola possession. But as I've written earlier, I'm gonna have to live with it. Matches will be boring(mostly), results will be very good. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Badger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:12 pm

FCB general wrote:

Calm down. I'm not opposing you view just for the sake of it. When someone has a totally opposite view to mine, I don't rule out the possibility that he/she could have some good points which I have missed, and I am initially interested in hearing what they may be. I asked three questions which could have been easily answered, if you had valid points.

Three questions:
- Do you think that there is any realistic chance whatsoever that Guardiola will play exactly like Heynckes? (I think the answer is "No".)
- If yes, what will bring that change? (Again, I think the answer is "No".)
- If no, what do you think you will achieve by posting here again and again about something that is past and gone? (I think the answer is "You'll achieve nothing".)

But instead of giving simple answers, you go off on an emotional rant that simply re-states that you find this style of play boring.

A wise man does not lightly claim to be bored, because it carries the danger that he is exposing the fact that he hasn't the ability to appreciate the subtlties, genius and beauties of the thing he is describing as boring.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:56 pm

Possession in this game was Bayern 72% - 28% Frankfurt. What needs to be done to achieve 80% ? :D
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:56 pm

Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:37 pm

Mandzukic' two header-assists are my favorite bits of the game so far (having only seen the highlights).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:09 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Possession in this game was Bayern 72% - 28% Frankfurt. What needs to be done to achieve 80% ? :D

The difference between 72% and 80% is enormous. You shouldn't look at it as 8% more.
72% possession means that the opponents have 28% possession
80% possession means that the opponents have 20% possession

To go from 72% possession to 80% possession means that the opponent would need to see a reduction of 29% of TIME spent with the ball in their possession. Which is a lot.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernSupporter » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:09 am

raz25 wrote:
FCB general wrote:Last night after general news I watched sports section where they put Guardiola post-match reaction. Guardiola was talking about the match and no matter Bayern won 5:0, he is still totally unsatisfied because he wants to play perfect like in the season when Bayern played exactly like that.

I have to disappoint you Mr. Guardiola, but your Bayern won't ever play that perfect as Bayern from Don Jupp played.

You can break the all records, stay undefeated after 34 BuLi games and win all the trophies, but with this playing style you can't play that beautiful and perfect football from 2012/2013.

Sorry coach... :|

You can't honestly say that after Sunday's game. What you are describing sounds familiar in a lot of games, but when it works, just like Sunday, it's simply magic. Imagine bringing this kind of football to the big guns in Europe like Madrid or Arsenal or imagine doing this against Barcelona. We already did it against City in Etihad Stadium and the people who only watched that game, gave us clear favorites to lift the CL cup again. It's going to be tough but remember that Pep only has half a season at Bayern and it will take some more time until we'll give performances like this constantly.

Now, about last season. Even though last season we looked perfect in almost every area, had Schweinsteiger or Ribery missed more games, I doubt we'd have won the treble. I may be mistaken but whenever those two missed I think we lost the two games last season. Key players like Dante, Martinez, Mandzukic and Schweinsteiger were performing mistake-free, not including Lahm, Neuer, Ribery because that was expected of them. That was last year's historic season recipe. We were much more predictable than today but because everyone was giving world class performances week in and week out, our opponents were helpless. How many points do you think we'd have made in Bundesliga if Schweinsteiger and Kroos/Martinez missed 6 months?

This season, we had injuries in mass and we have better results than last season. And while it's true that Ribery takes us to another level every time he plays, Schweinsteiger doesn't feel missed, to me at least, which used to be our most important player. There are many good things that Guardiola brought to our team, but even just for that, hats off to him.

Or Robben missing the last part of last season as well even with Schweiny and Ribery fit.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
BayernSupporter
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby aaron101 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:13 pm

You guys should protest outside Allianz and ask for Pep to step down.

If you want perfect football then you should play Fifa on Amateur difficulty.
aaron101
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga