You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-02-02] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes

Total votes : 18

Re: [2014-02-02] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby pinto » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:34 pm

Oh my :o
pinto
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Portugal
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby mbahou » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:28 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Constantine wrote:the ones who didnt perform *cough* Shaqiri *cough* should be very much worried....

I really don't understand how u guys say shaqiri didn't perform, he was very energetic, gave some great passes & crosses, and always well positioned!! Poor guy is only having a phase of not scoring goals. Also keep in mind he barely played this season so it takes a few games to adjust especially with new tactics this year! Same goes for martinez! Once everyone is fit and proper rotation starts u'll see that they will be performing at a much higher level as seen in previous years!
mbahou
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:56 pm

For those lucky enough to watch the highlights from the BuLi youtube channel, sadly it doesnt work in Germany or the US without a proxy :(
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby raz25 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:07 pm

mbahou wrote:I really don't understand how u guys say shaqiri didn't perform, he was very energetic, gave some great passes & crosses, and always well positioned!!

That's the thing I don't like most about him these days. It feels to me that he always crosses when he shouldn't and he makes too many predictable short passes when he could go for a dribble, through ball, change of direction, anything really.

I think Shaqiri lost all his confidence and I don't blame him. Newcomers Gotze and Thiago make all his previous performances look small, Ribery and Robben are in the form of their lives and Muller simply has great stats, it's way too complicated for him to shine.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Constantine » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:13 pm

mbahou wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
Constantine wrote:the ones who didnt perform *cough* Shaqiri *cough* should be very much worried....

I really don't understand how u guys say shaqiri didn't perform,

Please correct you post if you don't mind. :P . I never posted anything of the sort.

Shaqiri, if I may add, didn't have that bad a game tbf.
Constantine
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Waka » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:27 pm

A pic of the choreography before the match:

Rough translation: "FC Bayern and I are meant for each other and we are inseparable." - Kurt Landauer, 1949
Waka
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby runaway » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:56 am

Badger wrote:I think that we saw some of Guardiola’s Doha tactics in this game – particularly the “multiple triangles”, played as fast one-twos in the opponents’ third of the pitch. That takes me to something I’ve been thinking about tempo. Let me state it as a question, and then return to comment on it later. Which produces (a) the fastest tempo and (b) the most effective disarray of the opponents defence?
1) passing the ball
2) a short run with the ball and then passing it
3) a long dribbling run.
(I mean it in the sense of each of these being done many times over the course of a game, rather than one spectacular instance where it produced a result.)

Definitely the passing of the ball especially if like the picture with Lahm and the 9 triangles. One thing that made it even better is the variety in attack. Sometimes tiki-taka is so predictable, you can read where the next pass will go.

Can't wait for the next game and see what we can bring. Not expecting these results every game but watching Guardiola's vision in Bayern taking shape is definitely exciting.

pinto wrote:Image

=D> Aerial tiki-taka. :pep:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Badger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:50 am

runaway wrote:
Badger wrote:I think that we saw some of Guardiola’s Doha tactics in this game – particularly the “multiple triangles”, played as fast one-twos in the opponents’ third of the pitch. That takes me to something I’ve been thinking about tempo. Let me state it as a question, and then return to comment on it later. Which produces (a) the fastest tempo and (b) the most effective disarray of the opponents defence?
1) passing the ball
2) a short run with the ball and then passing it
3) a long dribbling run.
(I mean it in the sense of each of these being done many times over the course of a game, rather than one spectacular instance where it produced a result.)

Definitely the passing of the ball especially if like the picture with Lahm and the 9 triangles. One thing that made it even better is the variety in attack. Sometimes tiki-taka is so predictable, you can read where the next pass will go.

Can't wait for the next game and see what we can bring. Not expecting these results every game but watching Guardiola's vision in Bayern taking shape is definitely exciting.

Thanks for picking up on my question. Much appreciated.

Yes, I agree that passing the ball creates the fastest tempo. When people have whinged about Kroos being slow, I have often contended that the way Kroos passes the ball produces a faster tempo than if he ran with it – and indeed a faster tempo than anyone running with it. The issue is that someone dribbling gives spectators the optical illusion of a fast tempo, much more than, say, a ball sailing through the air from a stationary player at one side of the pitch to a stationary player the other, but dribbling is much slower and the tempo of the game is much slower as a result.

That, however, isn’t the full story – not if we turn the discussion into combination of tempo and effectiveness (ie breaking through defences). The player who, even relatively unopposed, runs 5m with the ball before passing, creates a fluid situation for a few seconds. Not only is he moving and presenting the defence with questions about what he’ll do next, but his teammates are also moving, leading to a rapidly changing challenge on all sides for the defence. The stationary pass can be read by defences, and sometimes intercepted or pressed at the receiving end, but the run and pass is much harder to read and defend against; there are simply many more variants changing too rapidly.

Dribbling is a pleasure to watch, and I have no statistics to back up my claim, but I’m pretty sure that the number of dribbles which get past the second defender is depressingly low. The dribbler is generally dispossessed or tackled by the second or third defender. Thankfully, Bayern have a couple of players who can dribble further at times, and it is very entertaining, but its success rate doesn’t justify it becoming any manager’s or player’s major tactic. And it is infrequently the case that dribbling past the second and third player produces much more advantage than passing after dribbling past the first defender. Moreover, prolonged dribbling is the slowest movement of the ball, of any of the three mentioned in my original list. So, dribbling past one player and then moving on the ball seems to be the best policy for dribbling.

The two points I’ve made in the last two paragraphs are very similar: (a) run a short distance and then pass and (b) dribble past just one player and then pass. A team needs the variation of stationary passing and lengthy dribbling as well, but those two points about short runs, etc, represent the best combination of tempo, risk to possession and effectiveness in breaking down defences.

I enjoy looking for these things in Guardiola’s game, and they help me to have a more considered assessment of Bayern’s individual offensive players and combination play. But, at the end of the day, they are just a few of my reflections; others may disagree.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Badger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:55 am

Mattrocks wrote:Did u realise that Guardiola used a 4-2-3-1 and damn!!!how it worked

4-1-4-1 morphed into 3-4-3/2-5-3, as it usually does when Bayern have vastly superior possession and huge dominance. The only time we'll ever see a 4-2-3-1 is when Bayern are on the back foot, and a central midfielder briefly shuttles back to assist the defensive midfielder.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby FCB general » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:12 am

Last night after general news I watched sports section where they put Guardiola post-match reaction. Guardiola was talking about the match and no matter Bayern won 5:0, he is still totally unsatisfied because he wants to play perfect like in the season when Bayern played exactly like that.

I have to disappoint you Mr. Guardiola, but your Bayern won't ever play that perfect as Bayern from Don Jupp played.

You can break the all records, stay undefeated after 34 BuLi games and win all the trophies, but with this playing style you can't play that beautiful and perfect football from 2012/2013.

Sorry coach... :|
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Badger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:29 am

FCB general wrote:Last night after general news I watched sports section where they put Guardiola post-match reaction. Guardiola was talking about the match and no matter Bayern won 5:0, he is still totally unsatisfied because he wants to play perfect like in the season when Bayern played exactly like that.

I have to disappoint you Mr. Guardiola, but your Bayern won't ever play that perfect as Bayern from Don Jupp played.

You can break the all records, stay undefeated after 34 BuLi games and win all the trophies, but with this playing style you can't play that beautiful and perfect football from 2012/2013.

Three questions:
- Do you think that there is any realistic chance whatsoever that Guardiola will play exactly like Heynckes?
- If yes, what will bring that change?
- If no, what do you think you will achieve by posting here again and again about something that is past and gone?
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Tedesco » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:29 am

FCB general wrote:Last night after general news I watched sports section where they put Guardiola post-match reaction. Guardiola was talking about the match and no matter Bayern won 5:0, he is still totally unsatisfied because he wants to play perfect like in the season when Bayern played exactly like that.

Time will tell... We might start playing better football than last season
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:34 am

Badger wrote:Three questions:
- Do you think that there is any realistic chance whatsoever that Guardiola will play exactly like Heynckes?
- If no, what do you think you will achieve by posting here again and again about something that is past and gone?

FCB general wrote:You can break the all records, stay undefeated after 34 BuLi games and win all the trophies, but with this playing style you can't play that beautiful and perfect football from 2012/2013.

Tedesco wrote:Time will tell... We might start playing better football than last season

Really!? How is he gonna do that? Raping the ball with 90% possession mainly around the center? Be my guest. :) But I don't see any entertainment in that 'slow motion' football by keeping the ball and circulating around the center.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Badger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:40 am

FCB general wrote:
Badger wrote:Three questions:

FCB general wrote:You can break the all records, stay undefeated after 34 BuLi games and win all the trophies, but with this playing style you can't play that beautiful and perfect football from 2012/2013.

Tedesco wrote:Time will tell... We might start playing better football than last season

Really!? How is he gonna do that? Raping the ball with 90% possession mainly around the center? Be my guest. :) But I don't see any entertainment in that 'slow motion' football by keeping the ball and circulating around the center.

Could you explain how your quote, etc, answers the questions? If you prefer to dodge the questions, that's fair enough. Proper answers would have been of interest, but I'll not hassle you further for proper answers, if you are unable to provide them.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby runaway » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:43 am

runaway wrote:
pinto wrote:Image

=D> Aerial tiki-taka. :pep:

How can you not be entertained by that?

In today's modern game, whoever controls the midfield, controls the game. Pep is just taking it another level and giving opponents death by football. :lol:

This is Pep's first season, while Don Jupp has been tinkering for years to bring us to our last year's glory.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga