You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-02-02] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes

Total votes : 18

Re: [2014-02-02] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby kod2600 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:56 pm

Apparently Thiago broke 2 records. 1 being the player with most ball touches with 185 times. Previous record held by Bastian Schweinsteiger with 157 touches. and 2 being the number of passes in one game with 159 pass. Previous record held by Gladbach player Roel Brouwers.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:57 pm

FCB general wrote:5 goals, demolition and no false #9. Hahaha, I like that. Another slap for Guardiola. :mrgreen:

:verysurprised:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Badger » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:17 pm

I'm really looking forward to watching the whole game later tonight. That's a great result, and I'm delighted to gather from comments here that almost everyone had a good game. Although I haven't yet seen the game, I think that there is one significant point I can contend: no major or universal conclusions can be drawn from a home win against Eintract Frankfurt. What worked here may work against many other teams, but there will be big games, and games against teams who play differently, where it may not work as well. The great thing about Guardiola and this season's Bayern is their variety of tactics; Bayern aren't a one-trick pony with a definite starting XI and a single style of play. They can adapt to different opponents and can adapt just to create the unexpected for different opponents. I have great hopes - but more because of this ability to field multiple effective selections than because they had an in-form, 5-0 home win against a mid-table opponent.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MoFattal » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:31 pm

It was a great game from the first minute. Our guys were determined to get a big score. Mandzukic had a great game, and I liked the fact that all players (specifically Ribery) tried their best to get him to score, even if it came sometimes at the expense of ruining a clear-cut chance :D This guy sure has a warrior's mentality. Another thing is becoming more clear to me, as per recent games, is that Gotze is much more effective playing behind the striker and not as the false 9. Even if Pep wants to go for the false 9 on some occasions, I think Muller will be the one going over there from now if Gotze keeps this kind of form in the CAM position.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby banter23 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:12 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:ROBBEN has played better in this 5 minutes than Shaqiri in his whole career

Did you read the live ticker on ard.de ? (I visited my mother who has no sports channel) That guy seems to be anti-Robben, used every opportunity to say something annoying about Robben... Probably a Frankfurt guy of from Switzerland...
banter23
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:17 pm

It seems that Pep is trying to give Shaqiri as much playing time as possible to get him going. That means that he definitely sees the potential in him. I didn't think he had a bad game. On the contrary, he was always in the right positions to link with the midfield, had some good crosses, held the ball well, and had a great chance to open the scoring. The thing that seems to be getting its toll on him is his lack of scoring, though, and I hope he gets a couple to prove himself before he's sent back to the bench.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:36 pm

MUTU wrote:We need 49 goals in our remaining 15 Bundesliga fixtures and we'd be the first club to score 100 goals in a Bundesliga season!

G. Müller, Beckenbauer, Hoeneß, Schwarzenbeck and the rest of the team from 71/72 are not pleased youve forgotten about them
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:38 pm

MoFattal wrote:It seems that Pep is trying to give Shaqiri as much playing time as possible to get him going. That means that he definitely sees the potential in him. I didn't think he had a bad game. On the contrary, he was always in the right positions to link with the midfield, had some good crosses, held the ball well, and had a great chance to open the scoring. The thing that seems to be getting its toll on him is his lack of scoring, though, and I hope he gets a couple to prove himself before he's sent back to the bench.

He had a much better goal scoring record last season even with his sub appearances. Sadly his finishing has let him down on more than one occasion
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AdepT » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:48 am

Bomber_der_Nation wrote:
MUTU wrote:We need 49 goals in our remaining 15 Bundesliga fixtures and we'd be the first club to score 100 goals in a Bundesliga season!

G. Müller, Beckenbauer, Hoeneß, Schwarzenbeck and the rest of the team from 71/72 are not pleased youve forgotten about them

@MUTU : :P How could you?

It was 101 goals. 98 last season is the closest any team has gotten to it.

PS: I have not been to the Bayern museum but I hope who've have been can confirm it for sure. There's 101 balls hanging to the ceiling of the museum to commemorate this record.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Badger » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:52 pm

I really enjoyed watching the Bayern v Eintract Frankfurt game last night. It was very entertaining, and I think that anyone still saying that Bayern is boring or plays tika-taka does not have an opinion I’d attach much value to.

As I suggested in my earlier email, Frankfurt contributed to the result. I think it began with Veh deciding not to bring two of the main Frankfurt players to Munich, so that they could avoid picking up further cards. That give birth to a defeatist mentality throughout the team before the game had even started. Next, their tactics for containing Bayern seemed very half-hearted as well. It consisted of their midfielders loosely following some Bayern midfielders around, but only resulted in them being pulled all over the pitch, leaving spaces everywhere; Alcantara, Alaba and Rafinha, in particular, enjoyed huge freedom. Then the Frankfurt pressing was virtually non-existent. Again and again, players merely ran up to about two metres away from their Bayern opponent and stopped and waited. Similarly, closing down the Bayern players who were receiving a pass was generally very lethargic. There was neither individual nor team pressing. The only serious action was when the ball got in around the Frankfurt box. Really, there is little hope of containing Bayern with an approach like that. Stuttgart and Gladbach were much better opponents, and they came away with more respectable results as a reward for it.

While it is important to appreciate Frankfurt’s very weak performance, in order to give us a sense of proportion, that should not be allowed to detract from a great Bayern performance. Alcantara, Goetze and Mandzukic were really on top of their game. All three made a statement, and while I’d like to see Alcantara repeat it against better opponents, I think Goetze is already proving his worth and the fact that he operates better as a true midfielder than a false nine, and Mandzukic is proving his all-round skills and that he adds a variation to Bayern’s game which no other player can deliver as effectively.

I think that we saw some of Guardiola’s Doha tactics in this game – particularly the “multiple triangles”, played as fast one-twos in the opponents’ third of the pitch. That takes me to something I’ve been thinking about tempo. Let me state it as a question, and then return to comment on it later. Which produces (a) the fastest tempo and (b) the most effective disarray of the opponents defence?
1) passing the ball
2) a short run with the ball and then passing it
3) a long dribbling run.
(I mean it in the sense of each of these being done many times over the course of a game, rather than one spectacular instance where it produced a result.)

Negatives? I’m loath to mention any negatives, but I can’t rid myself of the concern that Dante is going to get a red card and a subsequent ban sooner or later, and I can’t convince myself that Shaqiri is going to make the grade. I hope, of course, that I’m wrong on both counts.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Blek » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrOPQRhgguk

See the highlights from the match :)
Blek
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Monthly Poll

Postby Blek » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Blek
Hey, I'm new here!

Monthly Poll

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Blek wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrOPQRhgguk

Bayern Munich :)

Wrong thread, put it in the match thread :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Constantine » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:01 pm

I think the team's performance on that last match should be taken with a pinch of salt. Let's not forget some of the opposing defenders had not played the entire season for more than five minutes.
Constantine
Getting the hang of it

[2014-02-02] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Constantine wrote:I think the team's performance on that last match should be taken with a pinch of salt. Let's not forget some of the opposing defenders had not played the entire season for more than five minutes.

I agree, it didnt look like Frankfurt had any thoughts about winning this game at all but i still think the players who performed well like Thiago and Gotze deserve the credit that is due and the ones who didnt perform *cough* Shaqiri *cough* should be very much worried....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga