You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-08-07] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Moenchengladbach

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:38 am

FC Bayern will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Borussia M'gladbach will win
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: [2011-08-07] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Moenchengladbach

Postby munchen99 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:59 pm

What we learned and positives to come out from losing:

1) Big slap in the face for our players- hopefully a wake up call
2) We need a few signings, a creative midfielder that can open up defenses, another CB since boating isn't god and isn't either error or injury-free- or somehow we need to find the right players in our current squad to take up those roles.
3)Hyneckes must decide what formation to use....if we are sticking to this LVG formation- we need more depth in midfield or give alaba and usami more chances to play
4)Shows that sticking with robbery all the time doesn't guarantee success...some fresh young blood might be required to start to put them in their place
5)No matter how crap the other team is without motivation and determination we can't beat anyone- we aren't barca
6) we are not in the league of the european elite teams- we shouldn't be compared with barca, man utd, real and dare i say (man city!!!) in terms of both quality of players and team work...forget about the CL with this squad (I hope they prove me wrong)
munchen99
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shino-182 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:42 am

Stop wanting more signings people, look at our current first XI, its great!
what this game showed us was not the lack of signings, but the lack of team play...
defensive wise, aside from the Neuer-Boateng mistake, i thought it was a pretty good game
in the midfield, i saw a bad shape Schweini and an OK Gustavo
our attack was simple as this... DMCs give the ball to a Winger and see if he can do something,
if not, give the ball back to the DMCs and give the ball to the other Winger and see if he can do something
It basically relies on the individualitys that our wingers can do, and although Robbery are pretty good, we need team play
I hope Heynckes sees that and give more freedom to our midfield so they can start making first-touch passes and nice through passes also

Bottom line, we dont need signings, we need our team to just gain confidence and form
My ideal Bayern

---------------Adler----------------------
Lahm---Breno---Badstuber---Coentrao
--------Schweini---Kroos---------------
Robben-------Muller--------Ribery----
----------------Dzeko-------------------

we just need to sign 3 players
shino-182
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:58 am

Says the man who wants to sign Dzeko, Coentrao and Adler! :D
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:42 am

shino-182 wrote:our attack was simple as this... DMCs give the ball to a Winger and see if he can do something,
if not, give the ball back to the DMCs and give the ball to the other Winger and see if he can do something

Yes, our dependency on the wingers is way too obvious. Robbery are clearly two of our best players, but I'm starting to think that sometimes we play better without them. They make miracles sometimes, like at OT, but when they're not playing I think our team play is much better, because we don't simply try to give the ball to them. We try to attack from the wings, and if their replacements can't do it, we try through the center.

If there is one thing I have always believed in, it is that the best team, and not the best players, win titles. Hell, I don't think Barca had the best squad last year.

The team needs to start involving EVERYONE in attack, not only these two players. If there is no other way to teach them how to do it, we'll have to bench Robbery for a few games. And when I say everyone, I mean everyone.

Neuer: We all know his good long passes, he's a GK who can create chances every now and then.
Lahm and Rafinha: Balanced fullbacks, they too can help out a lot in attack.
Badstuber: Has good passes. He can start attacks, although I hope I never see him next to the opponent's area unless it is for a corner.
Boateng: He is very fast. This gives him the possibility to move further up the field when we have possession so that passing becomes easier. He can easily track back down to defense when we lose the ball.
Schweini: Has great long shots, great passing, easily one of our most important players and one of the reasons why we were scoring so much more in 09/10. I hope he finds his form soon.
Gustavo: Decent passes, has had a few decent long shots in the past, quite fast. He can play a role similar to Boateng's but further up the field.
Ribery/Robben: No need to explain. They just need to be less selfish.
Muller: Very creative and a decent finisher.
Gomez: A great striker when on form and when he's being fed enough chances. On occasion he can create chances for himself. If he can start playing like he did against Milan more often, we'll have one of the best strikers in Europe.

Looking at the other players who might be playing:
Tymo: He's a great CDM and allows us to win the ball back in midfield more often. This could give more freedom to Schweini. He too has scored a few goals from a long way out in the past.
Kroos: Good crosser, good passes, great shots. Only problem is that he is lazy, but he could be a very important player against those teams which put 10 men in the box.
Alaba/Usami: Have shown some good stuff, and are alternatives for when creativity seems to be lacking, like last Sunday.
Olic: Very fast, he can help outrun the opponent's defense and create more chances that way. If he can find his 09/10 form again, he definitely has to be a starter.
Petersen: Not much to say about him. For now I see him as a good choice to put in when we need a late goal.
DVB: Like Petersen, I see him as an option for a late goal.

Of course, the same way that everyone is helping out in attack, so must everyone help in defense and make sure we win back the ball as quickly as possible when the opponents have it.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby cyberalex » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:47 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Alaba/Usami: Have shown some good stuff, and are alternatives for when creativity seems to be lacking, like last Sunday.

Just a quick note regarding Alaba, I'm still not convinced by his creative abilities... :roll:
cyberalex
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:52 am

cyberalex wrote:Just a quick note regarding Alaba, I'm still not convinced by his creative abilities... :roll:

I think Usami should be the one put on when creativity is lacking from Robbery (or when they decide to start being selfish again).
Alaba should be put in when creativity is lacking from the center (Schweini, Gustavo, Muller)

I have been happy with Alaba wherever he played (except LB :lol: ), but I think he is more useful down the center.

Just to be fair with him, I forgot to mention another great crosser we have, Pranjic. He does not fit in the attacking idea I have in my mind, because he is only good at crossing, and I want to reduce wing play and balance it out evenly among all areas, so Kroos is a much better option. However, he too could be a good late sub when DVB/Petersen are in.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bundesliga