You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-08-07] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Moenchengladbach

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:38 am

FC Bayern will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Borussia M'gladbach will win
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: [2011-08-07] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Moenchengladbach

Postby quaazi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:14 am

Well of course it doesn't predetermine our fate, but it is interesting reading for both sides, fatalists and optimists.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:08 am

München Minded wrote:If we lose or draw our second game,

If we lose or draw because of lack of creativity I will seriously expect us to move in for Sneijder or someone.

The board won't be tolerant this season, not after last season. If we need to re-enter the market, we will. If we need to sack Heynckes in November, we will. Heynckes is unlucky, he definitely won't be given as much time as LVG had.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:10 am

Oh a Robben style-signing after losing to Wolfsburg would be beautiful.
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby solarprism » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:47 pm

quaazi wrote:Oh a Robben style-signing after losing to Wolfsburg would be beautiful.

We heard a "S", we heard a "N",we have an "E" after that is an "I", we have an "J" , we have a "D" ,we need another "E" anddddddddddd we have a "R" SNEIJDER =D> please god, make this crazy ideal become true [-o<
solarprism
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:57 pm

quaazi wrote:Oh a Robben style-signing after losing to Wolfsburg would be beautiful.

I'd rather not. Losing the first two games and Dortmund winning the next game, I'd say the only way we can win the league is if we beat Dortmund in both games.

But yeah, Sneijder might be in talks with Man Utd but if we go in a crisis and decide to bring in a big name Robben-style, I am sure Sneijder would be on top of the list. 1) He is for sale. 2) Robben wants him here. 3) He'd probably rather join Robben than go to Man Utd.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Dortmund is going to drop points, don't worry. The Bundesliga is a very reactive league, and coaches tend to figure their opponents out pretty quickly. Van Gaal's tactics didn't last very long, neither will Klopp. Not that I'm saying they'll fall like Wolfsburg after winning the league, but they won't be indestructible either.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby München Minded » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:36 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
München Minded wrote:If we lose or draw our second game,

If we lose or draw because of lack of creativity I will seriously expect us to move in for Sneijder or someone.

The board won't be tolerant this season, not after last season. If we need to re-enter the market, we will. If we need to sack Heynckes in November, we will. Heynckes is unlucky, he definitely won't be given as much time as LVG had.

I certainly hope our board has learned their lesson from the past, as they feel over confident at times when we sign new coaches, they acted like we would have 5 seasons of domination with a CL win during LvG, and he won the Bundesliga once and the DFB cup once. yay ... #-o

As for Sneijder I really though we would have signed him from Real when we signed Robben -- either Sneijder or Van der Vaart -- and both are now doing excellent at their respective clubs and their value is through the roof. Might have been a better decision than holding on to Ribéry who hasn't done anything amazing since his first two seasons.

I am also hoping Dortmund go through some sort of injury crisis this season like we have done the last couple of season, kind of hard with a bunch of youngsters -- that will keep things realistic enough. Its going to be nice to see Bayern being dominant after we get going on a good run -- that is if we get going soon.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby MarttiH » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:40 pm

It looks like all fans want is signing after signing. First of all Alex, then Vidal, Nani and now Sneijder. In my opinion we just needed Boateng and MAYBE Vidal. But am I the only one who thinks that signing different players isn't a solution? We just have to become TEAM not playing as individuals.
MarttiH
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:52 pm

MarttiH wrote:It looks like all fans want is signing after signing. First of all Alex, then Vidal, Nani and now Sneijder. In my opinion we just needed Boateng and MAYBE Vidal. But am I the only one who thinks that signing different players isn't a solution? We just have to become TEAM not playing as individuals.

I don't think so much that it is signing after signing that people want.

I believe it is the right signings, and if anything the game at the weekend has proven is the need for another quality, experienced centre half. I have no doubt Boateng will develop into one, but he is still only 22 and that is young for a centre half.

There also I think there is a need for a traditional target man type striker. We became predictable and M'bach were able to suss us out and just mark us out the game. With a target man, we could have got more crosses in from deeper to try to get a knock down for Gomez or Mueller
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby München Minded » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:02 pm

lau03143 wrote:
MarttiH wrote:It looks like all fans want is signing after signing. First of all Alex, then Vidal, Nani and now Sneijder. In my opinion we just needed Boateng and MAYBE Vidal. But am I the only one who thinks that signing different players isn't a solution? We just have to become TEAM not playing as individuals.

I don't think so much that it is signing after signing that people want.

I believe it is the right signings, and if anything the game at the weekend has proven is the need for another quality, experienced centre half. I have no doubt Boateng will develop into one, but he is still only 22 and that is young for a centre half.

There also I think there is a need for a traditional target man type striker. We became predictable and M'bach were able to suss us out and just mark us out the game. With a target man, we could have got more crosses in from deeper to try to get a knock down for Gomez or Mueller

I agree, it is more of the right signings. Bayern seems to have been like Real Madrid in not signing the right players and who don't eventually work out. This season it seems we signed more toward addressing some problems we had -- but there still seems something missing in midfield or how the players get deployed in certain formations -- which the coach needs to address.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:59 pm

München Minded wrote:As for Sneijder I really though we would have signed him from Real when we signed Robben -- either Sneijder or Van der Vaart

We all did. I remember someone (I think Element) had said that for once, the board had done something better than what we wanted. We wanted Sneijder, they brought us Robben. And we all know how Robben was that season, even if it was Sneijder who won the treble in the end.

Hehehe Sneijder was mostly a joke, although I wouldn't complain if we get him. I'm satisfied with our current squad, although to be really happy I want another CB.

The reason why I mentioned Sneijder, is that our problem against Gladbach (and also a few times last season) is the lack of inspiration when attacking, which has been the main topic of discussion here since last Sunday. If we lose against Wolfsburg, that would be the worst start I can remember, if not the worst ever. After a trophyless season, the board will start panicking much sooner, and we all know how when the board panics they spend money (Robben was brought in this same scenario). If they panic, decide to buy a big name star, who will help bring inspiration back to the team, Sneijder is the wisest option for the reasons I mentioned earlier. But we're not gonna lose against Wolfsburg, so no worries.

Now where is MUTU with his traditional "off-topic" post? :mrgreen:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:38 pm

yea -- I wonder if the board ever wondered if we got Sneijder too, which might have prevented Inter from winning the CL that year. All things in hindsight though look great.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:05 pm

München Minded wrote:yea -- I wonder if the board ever wondered if we got Sneijder too, which might have prevented Inter from winning the CL that year. All things in hindsight though look great.

You cannot reason like that though. Sneijder might not have made those Robben wonder miracles which took US to the final in the first place.

Unless you mean getting both, which, at the time, would not have made any sense.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:28 pm

I meant both -- and using Sneijder as a CAM behind the striker. I think it could have worked -- would have been pretty fiercesome attacking midfield with Robbery, and Sneijder's freekicks are amazing-- and of course Sneijder really helped Inter reach and win the CL final that year, his through passes are also amazing. But I like Müller and he will continue to grow so it was good we never got Sneijder and why we shouldn't now. I don't think Heynckes should play Müller out wide -- sometimes on the right though if Robben is out.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby raz25 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:45 pm

Buying both Sneijder and Robben would have made us look like some **** idiots, at the time. Buying every reject from madrid can't sound too good. It's like "here, we got all these players we don't give a **** for, take them" and we respond like this 'oh thank you big club madrid, we'll take them all'. But we didn't. We took the best one out there and that's it.

But I agree, we would have laughed our asses real hard in the end:)
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga