You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-08-07] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Moenchengladbach

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:38 am

FC Bayern will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Borussia M'gladbach will win
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: [2011-08-07] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Moenchengladbach

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:06 pm

AvatarX wrote:BTW I liked that Heyches took that risk of putting Petersen instead of a CB in a 4-1-3-2 formation after going 1 down.

At least he did change the formation trying to revert things (LVG would probably put DVB instead of Boateng as a sub).

I like that he was willing to risk it, but I think bringing on Usami would have been better. We didn't need another striker, we needed more creativity
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby icewizard » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:42 pm

It seems that Manuel acknowledged his responsability for this error... I expected at least this and he delivered. I'm sure he'll learn from it, and will become one of our biggest assets to success both for Bayern & Germany...

Hope he won't fail me! ;) (and i'm sure you all think the same :p)
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Element wrote:Me + Every Website on this planet said that it was 100% Neuers fault , and with his idiotic jump , he only blocked Boateng

Boateng made the first mistake. Just because Neuer followed doesn't mean it was only his mistake. They both got it wrong.

As for every website on the planet... I only read 1 to be honest since I've been busy, and they said it was 70% Boateng's fault
Source: http://letztermannhaelt.de/2011/08/08/f ... -gladbach/

:)

But anyway dude you need to give him some time, and also consider that he was doubtful to play due to sickness and yet still managed a world class save in the same match. If the trend continues, you'll be right. But don't start pointing fingers so soon ;)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dhuber24 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:25 pm

i have a feeling Gomez scores hattrick or brace next game
Mia San Mia
Herr Huber
Dhuber24
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby München Minded » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Do we need to give the team time? YES, of course we do and we don't as I will explain.

But looking at it from a perspective of fine tuning and giving it time versus playing really bad with lots of things wrong and the season already begun and the fact that we have alot of games coming up including CL qualifying and CL group games (if we beat Zürich) then we really don't have time.

Since the end of last season even in May Heynckes was gathering his thoughts and plans, the players weren't involved in any World Cup -- it was business as usual, and we didn't just buy a bunch of players late in the transfer window -- Heynckes wanted transfers concluded early so players could adapt. Really they all had the month of July to train and play friendlies. Of course Robbery were out injured until right before the game, so why risk even Robben as a starter? Heynckes, like any other coach in the Bundesliga -- had exactly the same amount of preparation time as everyone else, and one of the difficult tasks of a coach is to use preseason as a time to integrate players into a game plan with proper tactics and to know where they play. So how come the game was such a disaster? Really everyone expected much more from Bayern, and they didn't deliver. Sure its not the end of the world in losing the first game, but the problem is we've been here before and experienced the same excuses and lack of desire from the players -- the responsibility of the coach. This was why LvG was sacked, because he couldn't get the best out of the players. Everyone talks about bringing the fun back to bayern and it didn't change anything, what are people doing at Bayern, rolling the dice with things to try?

Seriously, if we played well, and only lost out by the single goal then maybe it wouldn't seem so bad -- but not the way the team lost yesterday. The coach himself doesn't complain about lack of desire from the players if they are playing well. A response is definitely expected from the team and Heynckes in terms of playing better next game and training harder -- but the problem will be is if it is a permanent change for the good. Even LvG had his team playing better for a game or two after being criticized if he lost, but eventually the team fell back on the same mentality. IMO I believe the jury is still out on Bayern and how well we will play this season and whether we will even be champions and even make it out of the group phase in the CL. Heynckes knows this, and I am sure he will commit completely.

Personally I am glad the team lost the first game, to reveal all of our weaknesses with the team, failure of tactics by the coach, and failure to finish buying all the necessary players. If we lose or draw our second game, which by the way is at Wolfsburg and they handily won their first game, then it will not only be repeating last season's start but will send shockwaves from every angle surrounding Bayern about their ability to win -- just like last season. You see, nobody is afraid of us anymore, and Heynckes needs to bring that fear back to the Bundesliga -- anything but a win won't cut it. All the players even say it in their interviews and even Heynckes did when he became coach -- at Bayern you are expected to win every game, otherwise there is great pressure on you. Losing the first game at Bayern in the way they did it is a massive blow -- especially coming off the back of last season. The reason why the board were so understanding at the beginning of last season with LvG is because he made it to the CL final the season before and won the double. Heynckes unfortunately doesn't have that right now. I have a feeling we will get a result even if it means heynckes sells his soul, as he knows what I had been pointing out -- a win is expected, and to go on a winning run.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:55 pm

uzi716 wrote:
MunchenFC wrote:Negative, we have TONI KROOS and THOMAS MULLER.
I'm not sure of it's results, but the idea of moving RIBERY inside would involve MULLER or KROOS to be moved out left.

Muller is not good on the left and Kroos is too slow.

Didn't Muller play on the wing when he won the Gold Boot in South Africa?
I agree about Kroos being slow, we also have Olic who has played out left before and Takashi.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby raz25 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Fortunately (so it seems) I missed the first 60 minutes. What I don't understand is why didn't Heynckes sub Robben out, he was clearly playing shit.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:33 pm

raz25 wrote:What I don't understand is why didn't Heynckes sub Robben out, he was clearly playing shit.

He kept hoping for a miracle...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:37 pm

MUTU wrote:
raz25 wrote:What I don't understand is why didn't Heynckes sub Robben out, he was clearly playing shit.

He kept hoping for a miracle...

Isn't that what LvG does, hope for miracles when his plan goes to shit. Heynckes should bench Robben just to teach him a lesson.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby quaazi » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:00 pm

The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby München Minded » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:45 pm

I read that earlier, and what's funny is it backs up everything people are saying here from both sides -- "Mathematically, a defeat on the first day of the season is no more damaging than a defeat that falls at any other moment in the campaign" but on the other hand " nothing kills pre-season optimism quite as abruptly as a first-day reverse".

Also really sad is: "In the past 20 seasons, only 11 teams have managed to win one of the five major European leagues after suffering defeat on the opening day of the season: Manchester United (1992-93 and 1995-96), Barcelona (2008-09), Stuttgart (1991-92 and 2006-07), Borussia Dortmund (2010-11), Paris Saint-Germain (1993-94), Auxerre (1995-96), Nantes (2000-01) and Lyon (2001-02 and 2003-04)."

So even though alot of people here want to say its ok, the optimism is what is affected. Fans aren't seeing a lot of positives coming out of the first game, and its scary to think how prepared we really are -- plus odds are against us on being champions combined with alot of Bundesliga teams looking strong this season.

Just trying to be realistic, not pessimistic. :mrgreen:
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby vijay92 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Robben should not have started. Alaba should have started because Robben wasn't fully fit. I don't get it why Bayern always need to rush players to get back it's a squad game. By not starting robben,gladbach would have needed to adjust.

Bayern are a big team, but nearly all the managers in recent time pick the same eleven everytIme. If you look at other team like man utd and real Madrid they adjust to opponent the system and players but Bayern are one dimensional in surprising the opponents. Only barcelona can pick the same side and win nearly all the time because they are so good at what they do.
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Interesting stats but they do not mean anything, 1 out of 6 people in the world speak Chinese and I have 99% chance of not hearing anyone speaking in Chinese to me in the next 5 years.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby quaazi » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Okay. Your analogy of course is based on the fact that you live in the US. So equating living in the US with a low chance of hearing chinese would mean in this analogy equating a team not having any chance of winning the Bundesliga. So I can conclude that you are Augsburg, and Bayern is a travelling businessman on a plane to China. Sure, the plane might experience turbulence, but that doesn't mean it's crashed yet.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Jorge » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:54 pm

quaazi wrote:Okay. Your analogy of course is based on the fact that you live in the US. So equating living in the US with a low chance of hearing chinese would mean in this analogy equating a team not having any chance of winning the Bundesliga. So I can conclude that you are Augsburg, and Bayern is a travelling businessman on a plane to China. Sure, the plane might experience turbulence, but that doesn't mean it's crashed yet.

:lol:
No, even in Europe is the same, if the stat could be applied across the board that would mean 4 players in Bayern's roster should speak Chinese, so far I have reasons to believe that Breno is the only one who understands Chinese based on what he does on the field after the coach gives him directions.

Seriously, stats can be a reference but they are not good to draw conclusions. What are the chances of a team leading 1:0 in a Champions League Final in the 90th minute and losing 1:2 without the game even going to extra time. As Bayern Munich fans we all know stats do not determine our fate.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga