You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-08-09] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Mönchengladbach

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
97%
It will end in a draw
3%
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
No votes

Total votes : 35

Re: [2013-08-09] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Mönchengladbach

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:51 am

In missed the game, but I'm glad that my 3-1 prediction came out right. It's a shame (from a mental) that Muller missed that penalty, but it looked like Ter Stegen did more than he had to, rather than Muller disappointing.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:53 am

Lahm and Alaba played in weird position, at some points our formation kinda looked like this to me

Not exactly like this, but this is the closest I can get with the formation thing :P What I'm trying to say is it looked to me like Pep is trying to use Lahm and Alaba to help out in the central midfield defensively...which is why even Lahm looked kinda vulnerable on the wings.

I thought Dante was pretty good yesterday over all...that own goal was a bad touch, but still rather unlucky. Other than that I think both him and Boateng did fine, considering we had no defensive midfield after about 50-60 minutes.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:11 am

Pep is doing exactly that. Pushing the full-backs forward is making a sort-of 3-2 defensive backline. The problem is that our fullbacks tend to move a lot forward, thus making any misplayed pass from us a dangerous counter for the opponents as we will end up with a an exposed and narrow 1-2 backline. This happened a couple of times yesterday causing the own goal. This will definitely improve over the next couple of games, though. And it's a good thing we don't have that much of tough opponents over the next 3-4 weeks.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:43 pm

I think playing Eintracht on their stadium is a "tough opponent". They have a good defence and might cause you some troubles.

Bayern were very good in attack but the number of chances that Gladbach created should be worrying for Bayern. Half of Bundesliga teams didnt create as many good chances last season as Gladbach did in 90 minutes. I think it may cost you some points sooner or later.

Dortmund's task right now is not to let Bayern run away in the league table and just win games. I hope we manage to do just that.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Commodore » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:43 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Its obvious that the midfield is lacking a certain Spanish metal that it had last year but other than that im more than satisfied with the performance =D>

I totally agree. I think it looked pretty obvious that we lacked stability in the midfield. In the second half the midfield was non-existent in both teams. It looked like a Premier League game and we conceded way too many clear goal chances

Our attack was brilliant but I think Kroos should be benched to switch back to our last seasons 4-2-3-1

And BTW did anyone else notice Dante doing weird things today? I don't know whats going on with him

Haha. I remember when watching, saying to myself "this looks 100% like a Premier League game right now". :D

I'm satisfied. You simply cannot expect a new coach to come in and not change a single thing. Yes, Jupp Heynckes' Bayern played the greatest season in football (not just Bayern) history. This, however, is Pep Guardiola's Bayern now. He's not blind. He sees that we are vulnerable on the counter for now, and he admits it in his post game interviews/pressers, too. This is a work in progress for now, and I'm confident that we will get even better.

And if winning 3:1 against a team that is at the very least a Europa League spots contender is somehow an indication for us still lacking some stability, then I'm not worried at all.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tflags » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:21 pm

First time in memory I read so many good analysis posts after a match. Anyhow for you guys dubious about that 4-1-4-1 formation, Pep got news:

TZ wrote: Guardiola was also mentally still in deficits. Was that his FC Bayern? "Sometimes it's difficult to explain to the players in my German, what I want," he said. Surprisingly, he hinted that the 4-1-4-1 with Bastian Schweinsteiger on the Six of wisdom must not be last word. "I like the system, but maybe in the future I have to adapt myself to my players and change it. I would have no problem with that. "
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:24 pm

My only issue with our defense is that it reminds me too much of the Van Gaal era. We trash our opponents for 80 minutes, but still end up losing 3-2 because they find 2 goals from 2 silly mistakes. That is what I mean mostly by saying we lack stability with this lineup. A championship is really long, and the key to winning it is avoiding losses like that against weaker teams, which is something we did so well last year, not so well the year before, and plain horribly the season LVG got sacked.

Ideally, we could get the same stability as last year fielding two DMs, with the ability to switch to this formation. We could probably get away playing like this against certain opponents.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:27 pm

tflags wrote: "I like the system, but maybe in the future I have to adapt myself to my players and change it. I would have no problem with that. "

=D> It's good to see that he's not endlessly sticking to his original idea, and is willing to make changes if needed.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby Noahfcb2 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Hope to see a return to 4-2-3-1 next game [-o<
Noahfcb2
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Der Bomber » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:01 pm

Noahfcb2 wrote:Hope to see a return to 4-2-3-1 next game [-o<

Don't hold your breath for that one!
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Noahfcb2 wrote:Hope to see a return to 4-2-3-1 next game [-o<

The 4-1-4-1 is here to stay my friend and the performances so far dont really give a good reason to bail on it now...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby runaway » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:54 pm

What will Pep do next is really hard to tell. All we can do now is really have faith and trust that Bayern can do this. We should wait until winter break to really bring judgement on the tactics and the players' time. 8)
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Rauntšik » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Keep calm and trust Pep ?

I liked the game really, it was a end-to-ent game to watch, but I think that our defence is a little bit unstable, they had too many good attacks against us.
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby runaway » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Rauntšik wrote:Keep calm and trust Pep ?

I liked the game really, it was a end-to-ent game to watch, but I think that our defence is a little bit unstable, they had too many good attacks against us.

We can't really do anything at this point. Pep will do what he wants to do like playing Lahm in midfield. He knows what was wrong and hopefully will address them. Gladbach has always been a tough competitor I guess.

I'm going to be calm. [-o< I'll just play Fifa and make my formation 4231, play Martinez and Schweinstiger together. And rape all the teams with no more than 5 goals per game. So I wouldn't punch the TV when I see the next Bayern game. :P

Or do you want to do what Chelsea did and bring banners saying "Pep Out!" :|
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Borusse wrote:I think playing Eintracht on their stadium is a "tough opponent". They have a good defence and might cause you some troubles.

How do you feel after the 6-1? :mrgreen:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga