You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-08-09] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Mönchengladbach

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
97%
It will end in a draw
3%
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
No votes

Total votes : 35

Re: [2013-08-09] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Mönchengladbach

Postby quaazi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:37 pm

Good, entertaining stuff. Our attacking play was amazing, and Pep had a great sense of when to kill the tempo. Dante is a bit of a concern - my fears that his superb season was a result of Jupp's tactics seems to gain credibility - but I don't mind being back in the van Gaal days of plain outscoring the opponent!

Besides, Gladbach is a really tough opponent and none of their players scored on us. :wink:
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Its obvious that the midfield is lacking a certain Spanish metal that it had last year but other than that im more than satisfied with the performance =D>

I totally agree. I think it looked pretty obvious that we lacked stability in the midfield. In the second half the midfield was non-existent in both teams. It looked like a Premier League game and we conceded way too many clear goal chances

Our attack was brilliant but I think Kroos should be benched to switch back to our last seasons 4-2-3-1

And BTW did anyone else notice Dante doing weird things today? I don't know whats going on with him
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Rauntšik » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:41 pm

What was our formation/thingy in the end? I mean when Rafinha,Martinez and Kirchoff were subed in.
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby machkover » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Its obvious that the midfield is lacking a certain Spanish metal that it had last year but other than that im more than satisfied with the performance =D>

it will be more spanish when Martinez + alcantra are regular starters .
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby the12th » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:44 pm

honestly, I tried to figure out what was the game plan in the second half, and i'm pretty sure not only me, but sammer hoeness and kalle did not know dafuq was going on, on the pitch. any decent team with a midfield would pummel us into ground.
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:44 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Our attack was brilliant but I think Kroos should be benched to switch back to our last seasons 4-2-3-1

I thought Kroos had a good match. He was unlucky not to score today: first he pulled a monster save from ter Stegen and then hit the post with a thunderous drive.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby the12th » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:44 pm

honestly, I tried to figure out what was the game plan in the second half, and i'm pretty sure not only me, but sammer hoeness and kalle did not know dafuq was going on, on the pitch. any decent team with a midfield would pummel us into ground.
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Noahfcb2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Martinez should be brought back into lineup and Gustavo kept as back up, without these players, the midfield just doesn't look right, probably because none of them are defensive minded!
Noahfcb2
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dambun » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:49 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:

I totally agree. I think it looked pretty obvious that we lacked stability in the midfield. In the second half the midfield was non-existent in both teams. It looked like a Premier League game and we conceded way too many clear goal chances

definitely... but that's only natural at this point in the season... If in a couple of months, we still have the same problem, then I'd be worried... for now, we can be really satisfied with the positives...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby SouthernStar » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:52 pm

I think this is probably the first game where I see a double handball penalties given by the same player in under a minute.

So there were Alaba, Boateng, Dante, Kirchhoff, Rafinha, Lahm and Javi at the end?

Then Ribery, Robben (both had excellent games) and Mandzu. Mandzu pulled back and form some sort of false 9???
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AdepT » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:52 pm

As much as I enjoyed a free flowing equal game it just hurt me bad to see Marti on the bench. :(

I guess the players are gonna be alternated every week. Hopefully. [-o<
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby dambun » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:54 pm

MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Our attack was brilliant but I think Kroos should be benched to switch back to our last seasons 4-2-3-1

I thought Kroos had a good match. He was unlucky not to score today: first he pulled a monster save from ter Stegen and then hit the post with a thunderous drive.

Yeah, Kroos had a superb match in my opinion...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:56 pm

dambun wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:

definitely... but that's only natural at this point in the season... If in a couple of months, we still have the same problem, then I'd be worried... for now, we can be really satisfied with the positives...

That's true but I'm a little bit sceptical with this 4-1-4-1 tactics. It looks brilliant when you are in possession of the ball but it looks scary when you've lost it.

But looking at some other positives... this could be the best BL opener for Bayern in a very long time. Just remember what a poor performance we had 2 seasons ago against the same team :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby envagyokazapad » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:05 pm

MUTU wrote:

I think he has to work a lot more when we are not in possession, if we really intend to play with just Schweini as DM. Other than that he was really solid, I really like his long shots.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby JJJ » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Rauntšik wrote:What was our formation/thingy in the end? I mean when Rafinha,Martinez and Kirchoff were subed in.

When Rafinha came on Lahm moved to midfield, Martinez replaced Kroos and Kirchoff Schweini, it looked like 4-3-3.
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga