You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-03-22] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: [2015-03-22] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Postby tflags » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:02 pm

I think Bayern had a rather good performance today. Gladbach didn't have a single shot on goal before that lousy attempt by Raffael. Neuer should play better next time around. He had three horrific howlers today which ended in two goals and a post. My God that was awful.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:04 pm

Manuel Neuer & Borussia Mönchengladbach - one unconditional love. :P

9 points given in since he joined Bayern. Neuer must justify his nickname Kikser and BMG was the best place to do it, haha.

btw. Kramer is awesome player. Gladbach won't be the same after forthcoming summer departure.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby tflags » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:11 pm

On another note Rafinha's crosses were the highlight of the game for us. Bernat, however, is taking way too much time to release the ball and he's either doing it too late or getting blocked trying to run into the box. Not too sure how to rate Götze. He slows the tempo or is inservible as an insightful playmaker other than short one-twos close to the cbs.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:39 pm

Bayern missed Robben and Ribery. We missed their frontal and vertical football, facing the marks for open spaces, instead of the other players that just try to find space, instead of open it by themselves...

Neuer mistake was huge, but bayern had 60 minutes for at least draw the game, but they didn't, and by this reason, players are as responsible of this lost as Neuer. Dissapointing perfomance of Gotze, Muller and Lewandowski.

The game was well prepared by Guardiola, playing with their lines separated as much as possible, without losing posession, for being well positioning for prevent the counter, but they tried to make their football in the center, an area where was well defend by Monchengladbach.

Seems that bayern find the way to reduce as possible the counter, but at the same time show us that we still depending in Robbery for have sucess in champions league.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby bastos80 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:46 pm

I agree that Pep actually did a good job, but the effect Robben & Ribery have on our game is huge. Our offense is basically useless without at least one of them.

We need both to win the CL.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:56 pm

FCB general wrote:9 points given in since he joined Bayern.

Hardly. Even if he saves everything, if you're gonna win, someone has to score a goal.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:12 pm

RedQueen wrote:
FCB general wrote:9 points given in since he joined Bayern.

Hardly. Even if he saves everything, if you're gonna win, someone has to score a goal.

I think that the 9 points, FCB general consider, is because Neuer mistakes in three games against Monchengladbach (August 2011, January 2012 and today).

In those 3 games there were no way that bayern could have won. Borussia were better, so if Neuer didn't fail, the best result that bayern could have obtain is a draw. So it weren't 9 points, just 3.

Also how many times, his saves gave us points?.. For example last game in monchengladbach where his saves keep the draw, his saves have given us more points and trophies than losses points....

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby runaway » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:24 pm

ottackon wrote:I'm curious to see the W/L ratio and the % of goals conceded with and without Benatia in the starting eleven.

It's 100% btw. We haven't lost a game with Benatia on the field. We've only conceded 3 goals with him on the pitch. Both for BL and CL. (Well he was sent off in the City game :wink:)

Some of my thoughts and stats for this game. It’s never bittersweet… Just Bitter!
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MoFattal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:02 am

I'm not really bothered by the loss as it was an off-night for us and a good one for Gladbach. What bothers me a bit, though, is that in 2015 we were ousted by the 2nd and 3rd in the league, and that just might be some serious food for thought.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:04 am

So now the pokal get more important role for bayern world, we could have another chance to beat Monchengladbach and Wolfsburg before the season end.

Now we should focus in Dortmund where also we have personal issues there.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby mats19 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:12 am

runaway wrote:
ottackon wrote:I'm curious to see the W/L ratio and the % of goals conceded with and without Benatia in the starting eleven.

It's 100% btw. We haven't lost a game with Benatia on the field. We've only conceded 3 goals with him on the pitch. Both for BL and CL. (Well he was sent off in the City game :wink:)

Some of my thoughts and stats for this game. It’s never bittersweet… Just Bitter!

Interesting fact.. btw I read your post man, Superb..
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:14 am

tflags wrote:I think Bayern had a rather good performance today. Gladbach didn't have a single shot on goal before that lousy attempt by Raffael. Neuer should play better next time around. He had three horrific howlers today which ended in two goals and a post. My God that was awful.

You kidding about the ball on the post right? What else was he supposed to do in that situation? Be glad he saved the damn bal because i am sure 15 out of 18 in the BL wouldnt have done it..

The first one he is to blame for, the 2nd the stupid defending.

And no, it was NOT a good performance, having control of the bal all match and should have conceded atleast 4 out of 5 tries by Gladbach, because that is what they had in the Bayern half.. 5 attacks, 2 scored, 2 should have scored and the ball on the post after the Neuer save.. Other then that, Gladbach was nowhere really..
Ottomeister13

Postby michel » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:23 am

Some post-game material:

Bayern failed to infiltrate the Foals’ tightly-knit defensive system when facing Mönchengladbach, and once again were vulnerable to counterattacks.

More: Statistical focus: Bayern stuck in Gladbach’s middle third

Gladbach elected to defend against Bayern on Sunday and the Reds had no answer. Actually, the only answer they provided in the second half was a self-defeating death trap.

More: Tactical analysis: Bayern’s death trap in Gladbach’s zone
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:10 am

So lots of happy gladbach fans here in the hotel i work at in munich! They sure were loud in the stadium!

funny tweets from bayern fans! "No way that ball was over the line!" "time to introduce goal line technology"

hats off to favre and gladbach a super team!

anyone tell me why robben played at all in such an unimportant match???
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Korab » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:48 am

The problem with Bayern is that no matter if they winning or losing nothing changes on the field. Always the same. Once opponent finds the proper system against Bayern the score can be very high, 2 shots and 2 goals, if they had more of them the result could've been higher. Lets hope future opponents in CL won't find it. Bayern was down 2 goals and the players were just passing the ball around the box forever, seemingly without any urgency.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga