You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-03-22] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: [2015-03-22] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Postby Korab » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:20 am

"It is not excuse, it was what really happen. Ridiculous your excuse that everything was slow??.. Slow what?.. How can you have speed against a team that just park the bus?." what would you do in situation when Bayern is passing ball constantly around the box of your team move half of the bus to the central line? Or just wait with well organized defense for some mistake on the part of Bayern? The whole problem is that Bayern using that slow build up system is forcing other teams to park the bus. What about trying to lure opponent out of defensive positions and then hit them with fast combination attack. Maybe mixture of different tactics would work wonders?
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:57 am

Korab wrote:"It is not excuse, it was what really happen. Ridiculous your excuse that everything was slow??.. Slow what?.. How can you have speed against a team that just park the bus?." what would you do in situation when Bayern is passing ball constantly around the box of your team move half of the bus to the central line? Or just wait with well organized defense for some mistake on the part of Bayern? The whole problem is that Bayern using that slow build up system is forcing other teams to park the bus. What about trying to lure opponent out of defensive positions and then hit them with fast combination attack. Maybe mixture of different tactics would work wonders?

I think slow build up is a consequence and not a cause of Bayern playing badly. Remember first half of the season; it was direct and possession based football. The infamous U happens, not by design, but rather when players just don't have a clue what to do next.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:58 am

Korab wrote:The whole problem is that Bayern using that slow build up system is forcing other teams to park the bus. What about trying to lure opponent out of defensive positions and then hit them with fast combination attack. Maybe mixture of different tactics would work wonders?

Opponents park the bus because they accept and understand that bayern have dangerous players, capable of attack them faster.

Bremen and Roma tried to not park the bus and it cost them many goals, bremen by counterattack and Roma for concede open spaces.

Your purpose of get out the opponent from their own box gives 2 options:

1) Bayern must concede them the ball... For me it is not true that by conceding possesion, will control the game.

2) Bayern could possess the ball with their lines in their own box. For me it is really a bad idea.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:41 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:Please stop with those silly ''it was a day off'' game.. Its a common fact that we have a hard time against RM, Wolfsburg, BMG, BVB etc, those kind of teams since especially Guardiola came. Players have to execute that Coaches plan, but the Coach has to find a sollution if all those games fail tbh.. and it didnt happen so far.

Uhh... the results contradict your arguments

Borussia Mönchengladbach:
Spoiler: show
Matches since Guardiola came:

[2015-03-22] Bayern Munich 0 - 2 Borussia Mönchengladbach (1. Bundesliga)
[2014-10-26] Borussia Mönchengladbach 0 - 0 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
[2014-07-26] Bayern Munich 2 - 2 AET (5 - 4 pen.) Borussia Mönchengladbach (Telekom Cup) — neutral venue
[2014-01-24] Borussia Mönchengladbach 0 - 2 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
[2013-08-09] Bayern Munich 3 - 1 Borussia Mönchengladbach (1. Bundesliga)
[2013-07-21] Borussia Mönchengladbach 1 - 5 Bayern Munich (Telekom Cup)

3 straight wins, 1 win on penalties, 1 draw and now 1 loss under Guardiola (12 goals for, 6 against)

Under Heynckes:

[2013-05-18] Borussia Mönchengladbach 3 - 4 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
[2012-12-14] Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Borussia Mönchengladbach (1. Bundesliga)
[2012-03-21] Borussia Mönchengladbach 0 - 0 AET (2 - 4 pen.) Bayern Munich (DFB-Pokal (German Cup))
[2012-01-20] Borussia Mönchengladbach 3 - 1 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
[2011-08-07] Bayern Munich 0 - 1 Borussia Mönchengladbach (1. Bundesliga)

1 straight win, 1 win on penalties, 1 draw and 2 losses under Heynckes. (6 goals for, 8 goals against)

Conclusion: FC Bayern improved against Borussia Mönchengladbach since Guardiola arrived

Borussia Dortmund:
Matches since Guardiola came:

[2014-11-01] Bayern Munich 2 - 1 Borussia Dortmund (1. Bundesliga)
[2014-08-13] Borussia Dortmund 2 - 0 Bayern Munich (DFL Supercup)
[2014-05-17] Borussia Dortmund 0 - 0 (0 - 2 AET) Bayern Munich (DFB-Pokal (German Cup)) — neutral venue
[2014-04-12] Bayern Munich 0 - 3 Borussia Dortmund (1. Bundesliga)
[2013-11-23] Borussia Dortmund 0 - 3 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
[2013-07-27] Borussia Dortmund 4 - 2 Bayern Munich (DFL Supercup)

3 straight wins, 3 losses (9 goals for, 10 against)

Under Heynckes:

[2013-05-25] Borussia Dortmund 1 - 2 Bayern Munich (UEFA Champions League) — neutral venue
[2013-05-04] Borussia Dortmund 1 - 1 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
[2013-02-27] Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Borussia Dortmund (DFB-Pokal (German Cup))
[2012-12-01] Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Borussia Dortmund (1. Bundesliga)
[2012-08-12] Bayern Munich 2 - 1 Borussia Dortmund (DFL Supercup)
[2012-05-12] Borussia Dortmund 5 - 2 Bayern Munich (DFB-Pokal (German Cup)) — neutral venue
[2012-04-11] Borussia Dortmund 1 - 0 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
[2011-11-19] Bayern Munich 0 - 1 Borussia Dortmund (1. Bundesliga)

3 straight wins, 2 draws, 3 losses (9 goals for, 11 against)

Conclusion: FC Bayern improved against Borussia Dortmund since Guardiola arrived

Wolfsburg:
As for Wolfsburg... our last match is the first non-win since 15/01/2011 (when Bayern won). We had 10 straight wins against Wolfsburg before we lost.

[2014-08-22] Bayern Munich 2 - 1 VfL Wolfsburg (1. Bundesliga)
[2014-07-27] VfL Wolfsburg 0 - 3 Bayern Munich (Telekom Cup) — neutral venue
[2014-03-08] VfL Wolfsburg 1 - 6 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
[2013-09-28] Bayern Munich 1 - 0 VfL Wolfsburg (1. Bundesliga)
[2013-04-16] Bayern Munich 6 - 1 VfL Wolfsburg (DFB-Pokal (German Cup))
[2013-02-15] VfL Wolfsburg 0 - 2 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
[2012-09-25] Bayern Munich 3 - 0 VfL Wolfsburg (1. Bundesliga)
[2012-07-26] Bayern Munich 2 - 1 VfL Wolfsburg (Friendly) — neutral venue
[2012-01-28] Bayern Munich 2 - 0 VfL Wolfsburg (1. Bundesliga)
[2011-08-13] VfL Wolfsburg 0 - 1 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)

Conclusion: Wolfsburg are by no means a bogey team for Bayern. The loss was a one-off thing.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:40 pm

After the "We are shit" phase when we played in Ukraine and the "I'm not afraid of any team" after we demolished Donetsk in Allianz I think we are back to "We are shit" again :lol:

Some people in this forum is really funny

All the big teams are struggling lately and we are having a fantastic season despite having so many injuries. So if at the end of the season we have a disappointing one, then you can blame Pep, Götze, Sammer or even MUTU but I don't think we are that bad now :?

There are some things that I don't like from this team and from Pep, but that doesn't mean that he should leave or that we suck :wink: Instead of that, we should discuss them in this forum.

In the last few weeks I've read Ancelotti, Mourinho, Favre.... are you serious? We are in a much better situation that the teams they're coaching right now.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:54 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:you can blame Pep, Götze, Sammer or even MUTU

:lol: :lol:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:04 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:After the "We are shit" phase when we played in Ukraine and the "I'm not afraid of any team" after we demolished Donetsk in Allianz I think we are back to "We are shit" again :lol:

Some people in this forum is really funny

All the big teams are struggling lately and we are having a fantastic season despite having so many injuries. So if at the end of the season we have a disappointing one, then you can blame Pep, Götze, Sammer or even MUTU but I don't think we are that bad now :?

There are some things that I don't like from this team and from Pep, but that doesn't mean that he should leave or that we suck :wink: Instead of that, we should discuss them in this forum.

In the last few weeks I've read Ancelotti, Mourinho, Favre.... are you serious? We are in a much better situation that the teams they're coaching right now.

Favre is coaching BMG how can you compare his team with ours... give him the keys of Sabenerstrasse and he will work wonders.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Korab » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:41 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
Korab wrote:The whole problem is that Bayern using that slow build up system is forcing other teams to park the bus. What about trying to lure opponent out of defensive positions and then hit them with fast combination attack. Maybe mixture of different tactics would work wonders?

Opponents park the bus because they accept and understand that bayern have dangerous players, capable of attack them faster.

Bremen and Roma tried to not park the bus and it cost them many goals, bremen by counterattack and Roma for concede open spaces.

Your purpose of get out the opponent from their own box gives 2 options:

1) Bayern must concede them the ball... For me it is not true that by conceding possesion, will control the game.

2) Bayern could possess the ball with their lines in their own box. For me it is really a bad idea.

If those are your 2 option then they really cannot do anything. You have to understand that well organized defense got always numbers advantage lets say 2 players are left for sudden counter then they have 8 players plus goalie. You have to leave 2 or 3 Bayern players to watch area around center line. That leaves us with 9 defenders against 7 or 8 attackers at best. If they are well organized they always have 2 players on the player with the ball, the rest is tightly covered. Little slip up and you lose 2:0. Especially that those 2 or 3 players at the back are not the fastest ones. With smart clubs Bayern may run into problems all the time. That's just my opinion.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:15 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Favre is coaching BMG how can you compare his team with ours... give him the keys of Sabenerstrasse and he will work wonders.

How do you know that? Do you think that Bayern could play like Gladbach does? Which is Favre's experience in big competitions?

Don't get me wrong, I really respect Favre and his work with Gladbach but I REALLY doubt he could succeed in Bayern. Or at least do a better job than Pep.

Of course you can't compare Bayern with Gladbach... but how about Sevilla? or Dynamo Kiev some years ago in the CL qualifier? :^o
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:27 pm

We're comparing apples and oranges. Favre has never coached a top club. He could get the best out of an average club but that doesn't mean he'd be able to replicate that with a top club where the aims are different and the pressure much higher. Therefore getting someone like him is always a bit of a gamble. That kind of gamble was a much more calculated risk with Guardiola's appointment, for example.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Pittbay » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:26 pm

I have a feeling too that if Bayern hired Favre, Klopp, or a manager with a similar style, the complaints would go from, "We have too much pointless possession!" to, "We give the ball away pointlessly too often!"

While this is admittedly conjecture, it is certainly true that fans of a huge club like Bayern are never satisfied. We have world class players, so there should be perfection, right? Sadly, reality is a pain and every manger has flaws.

While I'd like to see a relatively fresh and new manager, it's just a bit too risky. I'd say this club needs a manger with experience with big players, or someone from in-house (Lahm anyone? :)) that knows the club and the players already.
Last edited by Pittbay on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ottackon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Furthermore, take the best two offensive players off from Barcelona or Real Madrid, and expect them to struggle as well.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Pittbay wrote:I'd say this club needs a manger with experience with big players, or someone from in-house (Lahm anyone? :)) that knows the club and the players already.

Actually Lahm already said that he doesn't plan on becoming a coach :(

Happy birthday, Pittbay!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Pittbay » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:39 pm

MUTU wrote:Actually Lahm already said that he doesn't plan on becoming a coach :(

Happy birthday, Pittbay!

Thanks MUTU! Really? Ah that's sad news indeed...
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Korab » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:45 pm

ottackon wrote:Furthermore, take the best two offensive players off from Barcelona or Real Madrid, and expect them to struggle as well.

If it's true what you say about Bayern ( Which I doubt) you must expect very bleak future for FCB? Ribbery and Robben are well over 30 years old. For forward it is very advanced age, and you already can see how prone to injuries they are.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga